Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Just done our Medicals..our story & a couple of questions...!

Just done our Medicals..our story & a couple of questions...!

Old Jan 27th 2012, 9:19 am
Just Joined

Beatrix Kiddo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Just done our Medicals..our story & a couple of questions...!

Originally Posted by Beatrix Kiddo

Can I ask if there's much asked about the mental health side of things? (I can't get the link with the questions on it to work.) Would having been on antidepressants in the past (but not recently) be held against a person, do you think?
Anybody? Sorry to bump my own post.
Old Jan 27th 2012, 9:39 am
Outsyder Adventurer

misskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud of

Anybody? Sorry to bump my own post.
You'll get your hands slapped for that!

Sorry I can't offer any input on the effect of a history of anti-depressants on the medical. I'm sure someone should have some experience to speak of

Katie
Old Jan 27th 2012, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

rockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nice

Originally Posted by Lisahjah
The bridgewater charges adults £280 and children £75 each. They were not the cheapest but they offered the quickest appointment they actually offered the next day. I phone thursday and they offered Friday. We took the Monday in the end. If you're going with children they are great with them, they even have some toys in the waiting area. Good luck witchileiz
Hi Lisa

Who did you see at Bridgewater if you dont mind me asking? Just wondering as there is 3 Docs listed for there.

Your experience there sounds really good (as it can be lol) Leeds charge £820 for 2 adults, 3 kids and Bridgewater is cheaper at £785 so might be changing my mind about Leeds, especially as there is no travelling for X-rays etc.

x
Old Jan 27th 2012, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

CanadianDreams is an unknown quantity at this point

No we've not sent off yet, just waiting on the police certificates.
You're optimistic holidays for may, I'm hoping we can make the move in the summer to tie in with the kids and school. Hopefully that should give us plenty of time. We've still got our house to sell!
Hahaha yes i am very optimistic considering how slow CIC are!!

We are gonna rent our house out for a year, where you hoping to move too?
Old Jan 27th 2012, 11:34 am
Here for now

Skimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud of

Can I ask if there's much asked about the mental health side of things? (I can't get the link with the questions on it to work.) Would having been on antidepressants in the past (but not recently) be held against a person, do you think?
This is my experience: I had had treatment for post-natal depression (twice!) and mentioned this at the medical. They do ask if you have ever taken anti-depressants etc. First time round, there was no problem. At our second medical, I saw a different doctor at the same practice and this time round, I was subsequently asked by CIC to get a pyschiatric report confirming the current situation and that I was not a danger to myself or the public, etc etc. This held up the process for a few months, that's all.

(We had to have 2 medicals as our process took soooooo long (lengthened by my son having secondary medical requests due to his Asperger's) and our originals had run out. I can only think that although the doctors had both been given the exact same information, they used different wording to answer the questions on the form! I must admit I didn't really hit it off with the second doctor - or perhaps she was just more cautious. I don't know but it only held things up, it didn't alter the outcome of the process. We landed last May and move out for good this Spring!

Good luck - and try not to worry (easier said than done). I would see if you can either get a letter from your GP or a copy of your medical records (although they do not always have full details, as I discovered) to take with you to your medical, thereby perhaps pre-empting further investigations.
Old Jan 27th 2012, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

Lisahjah is just really niceLisahjah is just really niceLisahjah is just really niceLisahjah is just really niceLisahjah is just really niceLisahjah is just really niceLisahjah is just really niceLisahjah is just really nice

Originally Posted by CanadianDreams
Hahaha yes i am very optimistic considering how slow CIC are!!

We are gonna rent our house out for a year, where you hoping to move too?
We're hoping to settle in cobourg, Ontario. We visited it a couple of years ago and fell in love with the area.

Where are you hoping to move to?
Old Jan 27th 2012, 2:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

CANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of light

We're hoping to settle in cobourg, Ontario. We visited it a couple of years ago and fell in love with the area.

Where are you hoping to move to?
ooooh you are just down the road lol
Old Jan 27th 2012, 2:39 pm
Just Joined

Beatrix Kiddo is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, thanks, SkiMom. That seems like a slightly extreme reaction from them but I understand that they need to check these things out. Thanks for that.
Old Jan 27th 2012, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

Lisahjah is just really niceLisahjah is just really niceLisahjah is just really niceLisahjah is just really niceLisahjah is just really niceLisahjah is just really niceLisahjah is just really niceLisahjah is just really nice

Originally Posted by rockspie
Hi Lisa

Who did you see at Bridgewater if you dont mind me asking? Just wondering as there is 3 Docs listed for there.

Your experience there sounds really good (as it can be lol) Leeds charge £820 for 2 adults, 3 kids and Bridgewater is cheaper at £785 so might be changing my mind about Leeds, especially as there is no travelling for X-rays etc.

x
We saw a Doctor Smith, but if you phone up they will just give you a day and time and it could be any of the three doctors you see. If you've got kids I would certainly recommend Bridgewater.
Old Jan 27th 2012, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by CANADIAN CARPERS
ooooh you are just down the road lol
Where abouts are you?
Old Jan 27th 2012, 6:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

CANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of light

Where abouts are you?
Belleville.
Old Jan 28th 2012, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by CANADIAN CARPERS
Belleville.
How are you finding the work options in Belleville. My husbands under the same code as you. We never went as far a Belleville, just wondering about job prospects for him over there?
Old Jan 28th 2012, 7:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

How are you finding the work options in Belleville. My husbands under the same code as you. We never went as far a Belleville, just wondering about job prospects for him over there?
I'm only here on a recce so I'm focused on the housing market at the mo. Will research the job market as soon as I get PR (medical in 2 weeks so hopefully late April)
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

S.Beckett has a spectacular aura aboutS.Beckett has a spectacular aura aboutS.Beckett has a spectacular aura about

We saw a Doctor Smith, but if you phone up they will just give you a day and time and it could be any of the three doctors you see. If you've got kids I would certainly recommend Bridgewater.
I hope you are still reading this thread. I am thinking of Bridgewater for my medicals and what I wanted to ask you was how long did it take for them to send your results to CHC London. Were they quick? And did they provide you with the tracking number?
Also, one more question of a rather delicate nature: Is taking pap smear results with you absolutely necessary?
Thanks.
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by S.Beckett
I hope you are still reading this thread. I am thinking of Bridgewater for my medicals and what I wanted to ask you was how long did it take for them to send your results to CHC London. Were they quick? And did they provide you with the tracking number?
Also, one more question of a rather delicate nature: Is taking pap smear results with you absolutely necessary?
Thanks.
We didn't get any tracking info as I think they returned everything electronically,(CHC London) are getting read for everyone to eventually return electronically. They returned everything by the end of the end of the week as we had our medicals at the beginning of the week. Yes you do need your pap smear result if it is not upto date, I just emailed my letter with the result the day after my medical as I was waiting for the result to come back.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.