Just come back from Sandown

Old Mar 17th 2006, 3:39 am
Forum Regular

Toaris has a brilliant futureToaris has a brilliant futureToaris has a brilliant futureToaris has a brilliant futureToaris has a brilliant futureToaris has a brilliant future
Default Just come back from Sandown

Well as suspected didn't get much of an answer from CIC. It told them that I was one of the June 04 AOR's who had not heard a sausage. Didn't seem to know anything about that. First lady I spoke to said I would probably hear within 2 weeks but to email them if I don't hear in 4 weeks.

Then I went to speak to a second lady. Who said they were now onto May applications and I should hear within the next 2 months!

I don't really think they know what is going on. It seems to be the luck of the draw whether you get an assessor who works quickly or whether you get stuck on the pile somewhere.

Very nice people though! The one thing they did advise is to get Police checks now as we will need them. I wasn't going to bother as not everyone has been asked for them again. Needless to say, I will be sending away for them first thing tomorrow.

All in all it has been a good day. I spoke to loads of people who were very optimistic and happy. I feel a little uplifted.
Old Mar 17th 2006, 3:54 am
Forum Regular

ghitchi2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Just come back from Sandown

Originally Posted by Toaris
Well as suspected didn't get much of an answer from CIC. It told them that I was one of the June 04 AOR's who had not heard a sausage. Didn't seem to know anything about that. First lady I spoke to said I would probably hear within 2 weeks but to email them if I don't hear in 4 weeks.

Then I went to speak to a second lady. Who said they were now onto May applications and I should hear within the next 2 months!

I don't really think they know what is going on. It seems to be the luck of the draw whether you get an assessor who works quickly or whether you get stuck on the pile somewhere.

Very nice people though! The one thing they did advise is to get Police checks now as we will need them. I wasn't going to bother as not everyone has been asked for them again. Needless to say, I will be sending away for them first thing tomorrow.

All in all it has been a good day. I spoke to loads of people who were very optimistic and happy. I feel a little uplifted.

I don't believe they're only processing May AOR's at the moment...since only a few weeks ago they were sending letters to tell people they'd be doing July by now - they might get their estimates a bit wrong, but no way did they think they could get through 2 months worth of applications in 2 weeks.

However, it might be that they're processing applications which arrived at their office in May - which would include mine. Though I have a June 30th AOR, my application arrived at their office the first week of May. There has already been some debate on here as to whether they're talking about date recieved or date of AOR. Personally I'd be very supprised if I don't hear anything within the next 4-6weeks - including the 3-weeks or so that letters sometimes take to get from the UK to Canada. If not I'll be writing to them for sure.
Old Mar 17th 2006, 3:56 am
Account Closed

woofwoof is an unknown quantity at this point

Where these two ladies stood next to each other. It just shows that as well as not communicating with us, they also don't talk to each other!!!!!!
Old Mar 17th 2006, 4:33 am
Happily hungover

1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute

I have been to 3 of these things now....and vowed I would never go to another.

They are a total waste of time, designed to make money out of people who believe that the so-called experts really care.

Sorry, but you have been conned.
Old Mar 17th 2006, 5:18 am
Forum Regular

Toaris has a brilliant futureToaris has a brilliant futureToaris has a brilliant futureToaris has a brilliant futureToaris has a brilliant futureToaris has a brilliant future

Just to confirm - they are processing applications received in May. Hopefully that will cheer a few people up.
Old Mar 17th 2006, 5:25 am
Forum Regular

Snowdrift has a brilliant futureSnowdrift has a brilliant futureSnowdrift has a brilliant futureSnowdrift has a brilliant futureSnowdrift has a brilliant futureSnowdrift has a brilliant future

Just to confirm - they are processing applications received in May. Hopefully that will cheer a few people up.
May submissions,I thought so. Thanks for reporting back,much appreciated and let's hope you hear something within 2 weeks rather than 2 months....roll on med requests for all of us !!!!
Old Mar 17th 2006, 6:05 am
Happily hungover

1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Snowdrift
May submissions,I thought so. Thanks for reporting back,much appreciated and let's hope you hear something within 2 weeks rather than 2 months....roll on med requests for all of us !!!!

As a result of the significant increase in the number of applications submitted to this office, processing times for skilled worker and business applications have lengthened. At the present time, we are assessing applications submitted in April of 2004. [the letter was dated 09 January 2006]

The above is from a recent post....they obviously haven't made much progress since January.
Old Mar 17th 2006, 6:16 am
BE Enthusiast

smitp11 will become famous soon enoughsmitp11 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by 1066
As a result of the significant increase in the number of applications submitted to this office, processing times for skilled worker and business applications have lengthened. At the present time, we are assessing applications submitted in April of 2004. [the letter was dated 09 January 2006]

The above is from a recent post....they obviously haven't made much progress since January.
Indeed, I reckon they'll move on one month every three months, so should be upto August last quarter of the year, which is nice.
Old Mar 17th 2006, 6:32 am
Happily hungover

Originally Posted by smitp11
Indeed, I reckon they'll move on one month every three months, so should be upto August last quarter of the year, which is nice.
Yep, luvverly! They are supposed to "Review" July 2004 AOR's by the end of March.....somehow, I think not!
Old Mar 17th 2006, 6:39 am
Forum Regular

Snowdrift has a brilliant futureSnowdrift has a brilliant futureSnowdrift has a brilliant futureSnowdrift has a brilliant futureSnowdrift has a brilliant futureSnowdrift has a brilliant future

I appreciate what you're saying. I guess we can only hope that as well as recently tackling April submissions they have broken the back of any pre 2003 cases that they may also have had to process and that consequently May,etc submissions possibly will not take as long....? ...who knows?
Old Mar 17th 2006, 6:48 am
BE Enthusiast

dozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, luvverly! They are supposed to "Review" July 2004 AOR's by the end of March.....somehow, I think not!
I spoke with 2 different CIC officials and both stated quite categorically that they are currently working on May 2004 Applications, and my application from July 2004 should be reviewed in the next 2 months. I also asked both about the Pre-2001 cases and how they are skewing the processing times, one knew nothing the other said that almost all the cases were now processed but I wasn't convinced.

Dozzzzy
Old Mar 17th 2006, 6:48 am
BE Enthusiast

smitp11 will become famous soon enoughsmitp11 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Snowdrift
I appreciate what you're saying. I guess we can only hope that as well as recently tackling April submissions they have broken the back of any pre 2003 cases that they may also have had to process and that consequently May,etc submissions possibly will not take as long....? ...who knows?
Yep, as soon as they reach there agreed quota for the pre 2003 cases we "may" see an increase in speed, doubtful, but you can only hope.
Old Mar 17th 2006, 6:55 am
Happily hungover

Originally Posted by dozzzzy
I spoke with 2 different CIC officials and both stated quite categorically that they are currently working on May 2004 Applications, and my application from July 2004 should be reviewed in the next 2 months. I also asked both about the Pre-2001 cases and how they are skewing the processing times, one knew nothing the other said that almost all the cases were now processed but I wasn't convinced.

Dozzzzy
As far as the CHC is concerned, I think it's a case of "bullshit baffles brains"....They either don't know, or they just don't give a damn!

[Did you receive a 'white letter', btw?]