Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Just checked date of application - help

Just checked date of application - help

Old Jan 20th 2009, 4:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was: Cullicudden, Scotland. Now: Hammonds Plains, NS
Merry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to behold
Default Just checked date of application - help

Hi

We received our 90 day letter on Christmas Eve - I was sure we had applied before the end of Feb08 but having checked back I see that the date assigned to our application is 2nd April 08. Neither my nor husbands occupation are on 'the list' - my questions are: is the determining date the date of receipt of application (i.e. 2nd April)? I have a feeling I will be told 'yes'! Is there any point submitting all our details if the application is just going to be rejected i.e. why haven't they just sent us a rejection letter? It might be possible to try to apply under a similar job category but not sure. Any help would be great because I'm panicking now!
Old Jan 20th 2009, 4:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

bodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Just checked date of application - help

Not sure about the technicalities of the dates, but if this is a standard SW app (without any job offer) and you have your 90-letter already then that means you are in the new system.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 5:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Merry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to behold

Yes we don't have a job offer - what I don't understand is why not just reject us?
Old Jan 20th 2009, 5:16 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Merry
Yes we don't have a job offer - what I don't understand is why not just reject us?
CHC just wants to play with your mind?
Old Jan 20th 2009, 10:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

z030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

CHC just wants to play with your mind?
lol, aww, thats mean!
Old Jan 20th 2009, 10:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

z030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to behold

Hi

We received our 90 day letter on Christmas Eve - I was sure we had applied before the end of Feb08 but having checked back I see that the date assigned to our application is 2nd April 08. Neither my nor husbands occupation are on 'the list' - my questions are: is the determining date the date of receipt of application (i.e. 2nd April)? I have a feeling I will be told 'yes'! Is there any point submitting all our details if the application is just going to be rejected i.e. why haven't they just sent us a rejection letter? It might be possible to try to apply under a similar job category but not sure. Any help would be great because I'm panicking now!

I think it's the time they receive the application... must be otherwise they wouldn't have sent you the 90 day letter. I would go with that and submit the documentation. I sent mine in Sept '06 and my AOR had Oct '06... from what I've gathered on this site as well, what counts is the time they received your application. Send in the documents; you lose nothing... you may gain a few grey hairs though, oh... and your PR
Old Jan 21st 2009, 7:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Smile Re: Just checked date of application - help

Thanks - I think that's all we can do. It's just hard to believe that this situation doesn't seem to be very common.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 7:15 am
BE Forum Addict

bodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by z030209
I think it's the time they receive the application... must be otherwise they wouldn't have sent you the 90 day letter. I would go with that and submit the documentation. I sent mine in Sept '06 and my AOR had Oct '06... from what I've gathered on this site as well, what counts is the time they received your application. Send in the documents; you lose nothing... you may gain a few grey hairs though, oh... and your PR
But that would mean they were on the old system surely? And who has had a 90-day letter for the old system within a year within the last 5 years...?
Old Jan 21st 2009, 7:21 am

tinytears is an unknown quantity at this point

I can't tell you for sure but we had an AOR of April and we definately fell under the new rules as we got an out right rejection on new years eve so maybe your application is OK?
Old Jan 21st 2009, 7:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bodgerx
But that would mean they were on the old system surely? And who has had a 90-day letter for the old system within a year within the last 5 years...?
Your right bodgerx if they were going from her application date rather than AOR they wouldn't get an update letter now,

Merry are you sure you aren't on the list, maybe if you told us what your ocupations were we may be able to help ? i understand there are sub catagories ? say for IT

I think you must be or they would have sent a rejection letter
Old Jan 21st 2009, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

ScottishJen is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
In case it helps anyone get an idea of timescales - I submitted my app in June (they said they received it in July) and got my rejection letter last week, after having been sent a letter in December saying I was being tested against the 38 occupations.
I'm not giving up - I'm going to go and retrain as an Accountant and have another go after that!
I wonder how long they will restrict applicants to 38 occupations - til the backlog goes down or is this a permanent tightening-up?....
Anyway good luck to all.
Jen
Old Jan 21st 2009, 9:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Still seems very strange. Husband is an optometrist and I'm a music therapist so neither occupation is on list although looking at it again I could try applying under Managers in Healthcare as I have run my own department within an NHS hospital. We can only submit application and see what happens - thanks for all the replies!
Old Jan 21st 2009, 9:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi

oops, I didn't see the '08....... assumed '06. Hmm, I don't know, that's weird but go for it, I would.

Good Luck!

Last edited by z030209; Jan 21st 2009 at 9:59 am.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 10:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Still seems very strange. Husband is an optometrist and I'm a music therapist so neither occupation is on list although looking at it again I could try applying under Managers in Healthcare as I have run my own department within an NHS hospital. We can only submit application and see what happens - thanks for all the replies!
I don't know if maybe they have put you under occupational therapist 3143
just had a look to see what a music therapist does and the qualifications needed ?
Did you apply in your name or your Husbands ? can't see Optometrist or anything related on the list.

You could see if you are eligible by doing the quick on line assesmaent on the CIC web site

0311 is for managers in Healthcare,

Hope that helps,
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 5:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Caitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond repute

Ours is not to question why..as teh CHC can be pretty damned inscrutable sometimes! i'd just get my finger out and get those papers there asap, as thats good news, right?