Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Just been blessed with a baby boy last weekend

Just been blessed with a baby boy last weekend

Old Nov 9th 2011, 2:13 pm
Just Joined

new scientist is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Just been blessed with a baby boy last weekend

It is a good news for sure, but I am afraid this gonna delay submitting my PR application.The new little guy is born here in Canada so I do not need to include him in the application as an "applicant". This is the last week before the cap of my occupation is reached, so I think I will go ahead and submit my application and just list my newborn in my family info form. This way I do not need to include his birth certificate which won't be available until December.

Do you have a better way?

Thanks
Old Nov 9th 2011, 2:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Just been blessed with a baby boy last weekend

What province are you in?

We're in Ontario and recently had a baby girl on October 7th, on November 7th I picked up her passport!

Took around 4 days between applying for the birth certificate online and getting it by courier. I'd heard horror stories of 6 months.

If I were you I'd send your application, include the new child (but not as an applicant). Write a cover letter explaining the issue to CIC, state when the birth was registered, that you are awaiting the birth certificate and will provide this once a file number has been assigned.

Maybe someone else has a better way?

Oh, and congrats
Old Nov 9th 2011, 2:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

I would get that PR application in quick. If the cap isn't filled yet that doesn't mean that they don't have a pile of applications in that NOC code which they haven't got through yet!
Old Nov 9th 2011, 3:02 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

What they said. ^^^^

And massive congratulations on your son.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 4:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

tracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud of

Congrats on the birth of your baby boy!

Tracy
Old Nov 9th 2011, 5:56 pm
Just Joined

Thanks a lot for your worm congrats. I am gonna submit my application this way

Cheers
Old Nov 9th 2011, 9:50 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!!! How wonderful!
Old Nov 10th 2011, 12:23 pm
finally together...

__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations that's wonderful news. Get the app in ASAP and enjoy the baby, they grow so fast!
Old Nov 10th 2011, 9:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on the baby boy!

I can't offer advice on the application but if you need advice on baby boys I'm an expert I have 4 of them!!! Although the oldest has hit the magic 20 today! Yikes am I really that old???!!!
Old Nov 11th 2011, 6:38 am
Just Joined

we have 2 sons so far and they already hard to manage. Hoping for a girl next time when my beloved wife is ready

Thanks everybody for the congrats. I am new in the forum but you made me feel at home. I wish you all PRs (myself included)
Old Nov 12th 2011, 4:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

ninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=new scientist;9726754]we have 2 sons so far and they already hard to manage. Hoping for a girl next time when my beloved wife is ready

Thanks everybody for the congrats. I am new in the forum but you made me feel at home. I wish you all PRs (myself included)[/QUOTE

"hoping for a girl???" We just had girl number 3 and I can tell you they are far from easy to handle. Right madames...
Congrats on the new addition tho, you'll find it easier when they start playing together and have the same interests in cars, trucks etc.
Nina (wolstie's wife)
Old Nov 13th 2011, 11:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Mad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond repute

congratulations on the birth of your son