June AOR - medicals

Old Oct 21st 2005, 7:32 am
Forum Regular

Kuljit has a brilliant futureKuljit has a brilliant futureKuljit has a brilliant futureKuljit has a brilliant futureKuljit has a brilliant futureKuljit has a brilliant future
Default June AOR - medicals

We have today received our medical request and we can't quite believe it. Our AOR is 8th June 2004 and we applied under the skilled worker category. We have also been requested to submit up-to date proof of funds, 3 months bank statements showing salary, police certificates and up-to date CV.

We did not think this would happen so soon as our AOR stated 18 months but the medicals are booked for next week. Also, when i applied i only had 66 points but i submitted more info/evidence when i acquired another 2 points which was about 6 months ago. So I'm glad i put the application in when i did, even though i was told by 2 immigration consultants to forget about it for a few years.

So, to the other June Aors it will be your turn next!
Old Oct 21st 2005, 8:09 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: June AOR - medicals

Do I take it from your earlier post that you applied through London? If so, it's nice to see they've got onto June 2004 at last!
Old Oct 21st 2005, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

Kuljit has a brilliant futureKuljit has a brilliant futureKuljit has a brilliant futureKuljit has a brilliant futureKuljit has a brilliant futureKuljit has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by MarkG
Do I take it from your earlier post that you applied through London? If so, it's nice to see they've got onto June 2004 at last!

Sorry, i should have mentioned it - we did apply through London.
Old Oct 21st 2005, 8:39 am
I'm a girl, dagnabbit! :)

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of

Congrats, that's fast! :-)

Originally Posted by Kuljit
We have today received our medical request and we can't quite believe it. Our AOR is 8th June 2004 and we applied under the skilled worker category. We have also been requested to submit up-to date proof of funds, 3 months bank statements showing salary, police certificates and up-to date CV.

We did not think this would happen so soon as our AOR stated 18 months but the medicals are booked for next week. Also, when i applied i only had 66 points but i submitted more info/evidence when i acquired another 2 points which was about 6 months ago. So I'm glad i put the application in when i did, even though i was told by 2 immigration consultants to forget about it for a few years.

Old Oct 21st 2005, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

Tiggy has a brilliant futureTiggy has a brilliant futureTiggy has a brilliant futureTiggy has a brilliant futureTiggy has a brilliant futureTiggy has a brilliant futureTiggy has a brilliant futureTiggy has a brilliant future

That's good news for June AOR - Ours is 30th June - It must be nice to tell people that your are on the next stage now, I am fed up with people asking if we have heard anything and having to say "nothing yet." Sometimes I wish we had kept it to ourselves.

Best of luck for meds
Tiggy
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 7:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tiggy
That's good news for June AOR - Ours is 30th June - It must be nice to tell people that your are on the next stage now, I am fed up with people asking if we have heard anything and having to say "nothing yet." Sometimes I wish we had kept it to ourselves.

Best of luck for meds
Tiggy

Thanks Tiggy, but we have only told my parents and are not going to tell anyone else until we have our visas in our passports, just in case something goes wrong. i am a huge worrier and at the age of 26 have already got grey hair!

Kuljit
Old Oct 24th 2005, 12:59 am
Mans

Mans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant future

WOW....that is quick....they must like you

What happened to April and May AOR's???

Good Luck
Mans
Old Oct 24th 2005, 5:22 am
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

Great news mate!!
Have a good Luck in Canada!!
Old Oct 24th 2005, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by amancharan
Great news mate!!
Have a good Luck in Canada!!

Thank you Mans and amancharan, i just hope everything goes ok now and we get the visas.
Old Oct 25th 2005, 3:03 am
BE Enthusiast

snowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of light

Hey, you've sneaked in ahead of us!!! Our AOR is 3rd June, but maybe your case was nice and simple due to your tender age (didn't you say 26 in a different post?) We are a family of four, we are in our forties and have a complicated past!!

Still, here's hoping we're not far behind you now...I must say, I am starting to check the post a bit more enthusiastically these days!

Anyway, congratulations

Snowqueen
Old Oct 25th 2005, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by snowqueen
Hey, you've sneaked in ahead of us!!! Our AOR is 3rd June, but maybe your case was nice and simple due to your tender age (didn't you say 26 in a different post?) We are a family of four, we are in our forties and have a complicated past!!

Still, here's hoping we're not far behind you now...I must say, I am starting to check the post a bit more enthusiastically these days!

Anyway, congratulations

Snowqueen
Thanks Snowqueen. Yes i am 26, and we are also a family of 4 - husband (35) and 2 children aged 2 and 4. Hubby and i were born here and have so far spent all our lives here, so our case was hopefully quite simple. We did not expect to hear anything until at least December, therefore we hadn't started to stalk the postman, something that you may start doing now that you are so close.
Old Oct 25th 2005, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

Rachelmark has a brilliant futureRachelmark has a brilliant futureRachelmark has a brilliant futureRachelmark has a brilliant futureRachelmark has a brilliant futureRachelmark has a brilliant futureRachelmark has a brilliant futureRachelmark has a brilliant future

Hi All,

We are new to this forum but I hope someone can give me some information.
We took our medicals in May 2005, but due to a change in family circumstances, decided not to pay the final right of landing fee, and therefore not proceed with our application. However, we had not realised that we could go out, "sign in" and return to the UK for another couple of years. We have now decided to pay the fee (immigration gave us 30 days to do this) My question is, as medicals are valid for 12 months,we are hoping to book a trip in March 2006. Is it likely that we will have had passport requests and visas by then?

Also, am I correct in thinking that we can go and sign in without moving out there at the moment? Will immigration have a problem with this?

Any advice would be great.
Old Oct 26th 2005, 12:12 am
BE Enthusiast

smitp11 will become famous soon enoughsmitp11 will become famous soon enough

Thanks Snowqueen. Yes i am 26, and we are also a family of 4 - husband (35) and 2 children aged 2 and 4. Hubby and i were born here and have so far spent all our lives here, so our case was hopefully quite simple. We did not expect to hear anything until at least December, therefore we hadn't started to stalk the postman, something that you may start doing now that you are so close.
Hi Kuljit,

Congrats on the Med Requests. Can I ask, was yours a DIY application or did you use an immigration consultant/lawyer to fill your forms?

Patrick.
Old Oct 26th 2005, 12:16 am
BE Enthusiast

smitp11 will become famous soon enoughsmitp11 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Rachelmark
1. Is it likely that we will have had passport requests and visas by then?

2. Also, am I correct in thinking that we can go and sign in without moving out there at the moment?

3. Will immigration have a problem with this?
RachelMark,

1. Yes, as long as CHC has everthing it needs, including ROLF and your case is not closed.
2. Yes, you can land, you need to provide a Canadian address to have your PR cards sent to.
3. No they shouldn't have, you need to be resident in Canada 2 (or is it 3) years out of 5 to retain residency.

Anyone, correct me if I am wrong,

HTH,
Patrick.
Old Oct 26th 2005, 12:45 am
BE Enthusiast

NikkiNu has a brilliant futureNikkiNu has a brilliant futureNikkiNu has a brilliant futureNikkiNu has a brilliant futureNikkiNu has a brilliant futureNikkiNu has a brilliant future

Its so nice to hear that someone heard from CIC ahead of when they were expecting to. A lot of posts on the forum are from people anxiously waiting (us included). Very encouraging.
Good luck with the application.
Nik

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.