june 2004 applicants

Old Dec 6th 2005, 3:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Woodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: june 2004 applicants

What you need to be aware of is that, as they said in Buzz's letter, CHC work from when they RECEIVED your application NOT from your AOR.
That would account for why someone further up this thread has received good news. Their AOR is from May/June I think but they sent it in during April.
Big difference.

Maybe that's why some of Andrew Millars clients have theirs too.

HTH someone.
Old Dec 6th 2005, 5:32 am
Just Joined

antonioa77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by buzz365
Hi all you wonderful people patiently waiting in the Canada queue, I received a letter from the chc this afternoon, and full of excitement I ripped it apart. Would you believe it said that due to the increase in applications they do not think they will be able to review my application until march 2006!...............I mean come on .............give me a break! Oh by the way im a june 2004 aor.

All I can say is it’s a good job ive kept myself busy.
a simple question: did u apply as a skilled worker in buffalo,uSA? or we r talking here about another consulate? if so, from which consulate u got this letter?
Old Dec 7th 2005, 2:23 am
Forum Regular

Fight or Flight will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by buzz365
Hi all you wonderful people patiently waiting in the Canada queue, I received a letter from the chc this afternoon, and full of excitement I ripped it apart. Would you believe it said that due to the increase in applications they do not think they will be able to review my application until march 2006!...............I mean come on .............give me a break! Oh by the way im a june 2004 aor.

All I can say is it’s a good job ive kept myself busy.
We are at least two months behind you (augustAOR) I cannot believe all the differences, if the CHC are sifting through things chronologically then why the discrepencies in time for various people! Maybe they should employ more people to process the applications if their has been a big increase.
Maybe they are looking at the photographs and selecting the good looking people first I will have to wait a long long time if that is what they are doing! :scared:
Old Dec 7th 2005, 2:36 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

I cannot believe all the differences, if the CHC are sifting through things chronologically then why the discrepencies in time for various people
For one thing, I would guess that if they have to confirm information in the application that would mean that your application would get delayed behind others that applied earlier but were more clear-cut.
Old Dec 13th 2005, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

SuzH is an unknown quantity at this point

Just to add that I also received one of those letters from CHC London yesterday, saying about the delay.

Here are my timelines:

Applied: 2nd May 04
AOR: 9th July 04
Moved to Canada on work permit: 10th Nov 04
Sent in additional documents to CHC (job offer, work permits, extra qualifications): 30th Nov 04
Renewal of work permit: 30th Nov 05
Letter from CHC London: 12th Dec 05
Old Dec 13th 2005, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

snowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Fight or Flight
Maybe they are looking at the photographs and selecting the good looking people first :scared:
Perhaps that why we got our med requests today???

Seriously, I think they do just work through the pile, but some do take longer to check out that others. I'm just thrilled that we've finally heard. Our AOR was June 3rd, and I was jealously hearing of others with a later AOR than ours getting news before us and then... bingo!

You never think it will happen, but it does

Snowqueen