Wikiposts

JUDY I NEED HELP!!

Old May 6th 2008, 3:03 am
BE Enthusiast

walkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to behold
Default JUDY I NEED HELP!!

just a quick one Judy!! ive just had our twp RETURNED as they say we need study permits for our kids, ( one of them is on the form but is not comming with us, but he may in the future but it is ticked on the form that he is NOT comming), i thought that we didnt need these if we had Temp Status ! have i made a boob! ime is running out OH job starts on July 4th!,
Old May 6th 2008, 3:36 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: JUDY I NEED HELP!!

Originally Posted by walkerv05
just a quick one Judy!! ive just had our twp RETURNED as they say we need study permits for our kids, ( one of them is on the form but is not comming with us, but he may in the future but it is ticked on the form that he is NOT comming), i thought that we didnt need these if we had Temp Status ! have i made a boob! ime is running out OH job starts on July 4th!,
Yup you do need them if you are here on a TWP. Can your OH not just get his WP and Study permits at the point of entry rather than waiting for the letter from CIC London? Just a thought if time is running out?
Old May 6th 2008, 3:44 am
BE Enthusiast

walkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to behold

Can I include my children on my work permit? Do I need to apply for a study permit for them separately?

Accompanying children wishing to attend primary or secondary school in Canada must obtain a study permit. They are not required to complete a separate application form but the processing fee of $125 per study permit must be included when you submit your application. If you are destined to the province of Quebec, please apply for study permits for your children after your arrival in Canada.

sorry just found this on the CIC website! panic over!, but its as clear as mud this immigration lark....... how come ive never read this before? out of all the hours i spend infront of this dam computer.
Old May 6th 2008, 3:53 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by walkerv05
Can I include my children on my work permit? Do I need to apply for a study permit for them separately?

Accompanying children wishing to attend primary or secondary school in Canada must obtain a study permit. They are not required to complete a separate application form but the processing fee of $125 per study permit must be included when you submit your application. If you are destined to the province of Quebec, please apply for study permits for your children after your arrival in Canada.

sorry just found this on the CIC website! panic over!, but its as clear as mud this immigration lark....... how come ive never read this before? out of all the hours i spend infront of this dam computer.
It is always the same! You think you have it nailed and then something sneaks up and bites you on the bum!! Once you are here you can breath out again!!
Old May 6th 2008, 4:56 am
BE Enthusiast

clairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant future

hi, we are living in saskatchewan...here on TWP's and i didnt need to get any study permits for my kids..who are currently in school....obviously different rules for different provinces
Old May 6th 2008, 5:31 am
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

Not always different rules for different provinces, just the CHC ignoring the rules and making it up as they go along.

In NS the Halifax School Board website clearly states that the children of WP holders do not need study permits, despite that the CHC said I had to have them.

Question - do I sit here for a year and argue the point (and probably get nowhere), or do I just pay up and get on with my life? I chose the latter.

I have heard however of people claiming the money back after they got there and didn't need them.
Old May 6th 2008, 6:27 am
BE Enthusiast

bankers draft already ordered, pick up tommorow and ill have the application back in the post by dinner!!