Wikiposts

journey has begun

Old Nov 19th 2009, 3:50 am
Just Joined

parsj3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile journey has begun

hi,

new to this forum and was looking for some help.

ive mailed my application to sydney under the federal skilled worker scheme, sent november the 14th.

is the next step the 120 day request to london??

tried following other peoples journeys but there seems to be alot of abbreviations used!!!

anyone give me a step by step guide for the way forward?

thanks for any help!
Old Nov 19th 2009, 3:53 am
Forum Regular

MAC32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: journey has begun

Originally Posted by parsj3
hi,

ive mailed my application to sydney under the federal skilled worker scheme, sent november the 14th.

tried following other peoples journeys but there seems to be alot of abbreviations used!!!

thanks for any help!
What is the 120 Request London?
Old Nov 19th 2009, 4:01 am
Just Joined

parsj3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MAC32
What is the 120 Request London?
once the application is ok'd by sydney office, a request is sent for you to submit it to london office and you have 120 days to do this.

think thats the next step from reading the guide on the immigration website
Old Nov 19th 2009, 4:33 am

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome parsj3 and MAC32.........This is the list of abbreviations.........
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Canadian_Abbreviations

You might want to read this thread and add yourselves to it.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=621358

Last edited by purple80; Nov 19th 2009 at 4:36 am.
Old Nov 19th 2009, 4:40 am
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute

hi,

thanks for any help!
Hi parsj3 & MAC32
Welcome to the forum you may find this link useful:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index.asp

regards
Joinerboy

Last edited by joinerboy; Nov 19th 2009 at 4:43 am.
Old Nov 19th 2009, 4:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold

once the application is ok'd by sydney office, a request is sent for you to submit it to london office and you have 120 days to do this.

The usual is 90-day letter - they seem to send out 120-day letters where there is a holiday period involved, ie summer and Christmas.
Old Nov 19th 2009, 5:01 am
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Edo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, thats the next step but wait until CIC sends you the letter
Old Nov 19th 2009, 5:02 am
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Edo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by singingringingtree
The usual is 90-day letter - they seem to send out 120-day letters where there is a holiday period involved, ie summer and Christmas.
I dont think its got anything to do with hols. Under the old system CIC CIC used to issue a 90 days letter but under FSW it has been changed to 120
Old Nov 19th 2009, 5:35 am
Forum Regular

Ok Great... Thanks For your Help...

Just that I am Applying for PR (I have a LMO Ok and yet to apply for my work permit!)

Just I am a Brit Citizen Sending out my papers on Monday From Spain (Were I reside at Present!)

I was told everything is done in Sydney...

Just Slightly Confused etc...
Old Nov 19th 2009, 5:46 am

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MAC32
Ok Great... Thanks For your Help...

Just that I am Applying for PR (I have a LMO Ok and yet to apply for my work permit!)

Just I am a Brit Citizen Sending out my papers on Monday From Spain (Were I reside at Present!)

I was told everything is done in Sydney...

Just Slightly Confused etc...
Your initial application goes to Sydney, where they check your application for errors and assess it against FSW criteria, if you pass this first stage you then receive an 120 day letter/email that instructs you to send your full application to London, they now take over your file and process it.
Old Nov 19th 2009, 6:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by purple80
Your initial application goes to Sydney, where they check your application for errors and assess it against FSW criteria, if you pass this first stage you then receive an 120 day letter/email that instructs you to send your full application to London, they now take over your file and process it.

So On the Application Perm Residence In Canada

There is a box for "Visa Office Requested For the Process of Your application"

I should not of put Sydney Canada?!

It should be London or Paris (Paris Is Listed for Process Applications for Spain?

Confused.com.....