Jobs for a US resident

Old Sep 25th 2004, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

kiny1919 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Jobs for a US resident

I was wondering if there's any way that a US resident visiting Canada for let's say 6 months or more can get a temporary work permit? My husband is Canadian and I visit him quite often. I recently graduated from college and the time being that I am in Canada I can't work and it gets really frustrating...I am actually waiting for my US citizenship and until then can't move to Canada permanently cuz I'll loose my US perm resident status...any help in this regard would be appreciated.
Old Sep 25th 2004, 4:28 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Jobs for a US resident

You'll need a work permit - see here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/index.html

Originally Posted by kiny1919
I was wondering if there's any way that a US resident visiting Canada for let's say 6 months or more can get a temporary work permit? My husband is Canadian and I visit him quite often. I recently graduated from college and the time being that I am in Canada I can't work and it gets really frustrating...I am actually waiting for my US citizenship and until then can't move to Canada permanently cuz I'll loose my US perm resident status...any help in this regard would be appreciated.
Old Sep 26th 2004, 2:43 am
Forum Regular

kiny1919 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
You'll need a work permit - see here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/index.html

I have searched this website but it didn't help me that much...Is there a special way to apply for jobs where u need a work permit or should I just do a regular job search and if an employer is interested in me I just tell them that I need a work permit to work?
Old Sep 26th 2004, 3:09 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Everything is on the website - if you read it again and follow all links you will find that employer will have to obtain job offer validation (Labor Market Opinion) from HRSDC after documenting that regardless extensive nationwide search no Canadian candidate was found. Only with such validation you will be able to apply for work permit.

Originally Posted by kiny1919
I have searched this website but it didn't help me that much...Is there a special way to apply for jobs where u need a work permit or should I just do a regular job search and if an employer is interested in me I just tell them that I need a work permit to work?