job then visa or visa then job?

Old Feb 1st 2009, 12:14 pm
finally together...

__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute
Default job then visa or visa then job?

first ill say i have read and re read a heck of a lot of the posts here but if this has been answered already i apologise, my head is spinning.

some background, we want an adventure, we have been married 10 years have two kids and a dog. we were looking at OZ but have now had to give that dream up as the only companies who were hiring there are now not, and we cant get a visa without them.

so to canada, our second choice true, but we are committed to the journey now. dh is a crane operator so on the NOC list ( yes that reminds me of mission impossible as well LOL) we have 67 points without a job, but would have to front up the £18k or so they recon you will need as a cusion till you get a job. we dont have £18k. but what employer in their right mind would offer a job and get a positive HRSDC assesment for someone who cannot be there for probably 6 months or so?

what is the quickest anyone has gotten their visa?( given that he is on the list, we are all able to take and pass medicals, all clear police checks - can you tell we have been thru this all before)

also the processing fees versus the PR fees. we want to go PR from the start so we have to pay both fees upfront?

also can anyone reccomend a good book on the different states of canada and how to choose between them ( not all weather weather weather LOL)
thanks in advance of all of your help.
TJ
Old Feb 1st 2009, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

Phoresis is just really nicePhoresis is just really nicePhoresis is just really nicePhoresis is just really nicePhoresis is just really nicePhoresis is just really nicePhoresis is just really nicePhoresis is just really nicePhoresis is just really nicePhoresis is just really nicePhoresis is just really nice
Default Re: job then visa or visa then job?

I believe from what people have told me that if you get a job offer then most likely you will go for a temporary work permit which will mean you can start working for the company a lot faster than if you had to wait for a PR.

Then, when you are in the country you can apply for PR.
Old Feb 1st 2009, 1:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

JET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to all

We would all like to get there as quick as we can, but finding a job is not that easy and with the current economic climate on a Temp permit you may be vulnerable to lay offs etc.

You may just have to get the PR application in and hopefully it will only take the 6-12 months they say. That figure is all down to you. If you get all the info that they ask for while you wait, as soon as you come back then you can send it straight away instead of dilly dally for the 4 months you have. Again get the meds done as quick as you can and then you should be flying, as long as you get the green light.

I hope that you can find a job, this will enable you to not only get there quicker, but also you will not need a proof of funds before you go out --if you get it before applying.

Good luck

JET
Old Feb 1st 2009, 2:01 pm
finally together...

__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute

thanks jet and phoresis.
i think it will come down to money then, we dont have £18k so will have to get a job before we go out there, finding an employer who will wait that long is not going to be easy esp since they have to get the HRSDC but again crane driver is on the E-lmo list so that shouldnt be a huge issue.

right off to reveiw the resume articles..
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 4:50 am
Forum Regular

killbill is a jewel in the roughkillbill is a jewel in the roughkillbill is a jewel in the roughkillbill is a jewel in the roughkillbill is a jewel in the rough

Have you considered the Provincial nominee programms like BC PNP or Alberta PNP etc..

Normally PNP doesn't require LMO or HRSDC letters. You get accepted to the programm through the employer then apply for Temporary workpermit using the PNP nomination. Move to canada, start working and apply for the PR under PNP stream.

I belive you still need to show the landing funds. But I guess if you both managed to get jobs not that difficult by the time you get the PR.

There used to be some good information on this site www.immigrationcentre.ca, but I am afraid they are currently updating it. Keep checking it though. And there is some help on Wiki section of this website on finding jobs etc..
All the best.
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 6:21 am
finally together...

thanks killbill, will keep checking there
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 7:05 am
9 months, start to finish

gibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond repute

hi......it's all very possible to get to canada very quickly BUT getting the job, then the PNP is a little complicated.....if your job is in demand, you can be flexible to move/start work straight away, have some 'capital' to pay for all the 'forms' etc, then yes, it can be done.....

hubby got job offer last week of august last year. he was given BC PNP within a month, he started work by mid-nov and got TWP at POE (could have gone earlier but had applied for TWP but hadn't arrived in time)......

so yes, it's 'do-able'

good luck.....