job searching

Old Apr 20th 2005, 11:30 pm
Forum Regular

Jameso is an unknown quantity at this point
Default job searching

Hello again,

Just wandering if anyone knows if it is permissible to look for employment in Canada from the UK while waiting for a spousal visa application to be processed. The reason I am asking is because I have seen a few posts on this forum talking about CIC asking for documented evidence of your plans to support yourselves when you get to Canada, i.e what job you will be going to etc, the only way I can think of to document this (if asked someway through processing by London CHC) is to show updated CV's and copies of e-mails enquiring about jobs/job applications)

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Jameso
Old Apr 21st 2005, 5:09 am
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: job searching

Originally Posted by Jameso
Hello again,

Just wandering if anyone knows if it is permissible to look for employment in Canada from the UK while waiting for a spousal visa application to be processed. The reason I am asking is because I have seen a few posts on this forum talking about CIC asking for documented evidence of your plans to support yourselves when you get to Canada, i.e what job you will be going to etc, the only way I can think of to document this (if asked someway through processing by London CHC) is to show updated CV's and copies of e-mails enquiring about jobs/job applications)

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Jameso
u can try but i dont think it would be of real help....
searching for a job when u are actually there would be the only possibility....
Old Apr 21st 2005, 5:24 am
keep checking....

mhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to all

Originally Posted by amancharan
u can try but i dont think it would be of real help....
searching for a job when u are actually there would be the only possibility....
Amy is right, that it is very difficult, but some have been successfull, and trying cannot hurt. I have been trying for the last 3 years and have had a few near misses.

Good luck
Old Apr 21st 2005, 7:02 am
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Depends on profession and labour market requirement....some niches have specific needs, and from UK one can get job offer from purely telephone interview and by obtaining correct professional certification (at long arduous timeline of 9 months !!!). But this is absolute exception to average case.

Research, persevere, e-network, and you may be in luck !!!

But for mere mortals such as myself, one must wait til landing to start the job chase farce.

Rich.
Old Apr 21st 2005, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

zider is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Jameso]Hello again,

Just wandering if anyone knows if it is permissible

Yes it is possible and even permissible to look for work from England.

Try the HRDC job bank website under the HRDC (Human Resources Development Canada) and call or e-mail employers they can hire you by phone if they like you!!
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 3:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

Hello again.Jameso....

yes you can look for work from the UK..however you are going to be applying for inland spouse visa ..if i remember correctly. So be aware when submitting any job offers (if you are lucky to score one. and it does happen)...that you cannot work till you have your PR.......

Tell them of your intentions to work in Canada to help with support once your application is approved....also..are you aware you can start your application as OUTLAND...from the UK...and then come to Canada whilst waiting for outcome..i know of a couple of people on here who have done this.
I am just thinking if you are in a position where you can do that..it might be an option. (it wasn't in my case)

what kind of field of work are you in..? i use this site ..it's great..>

http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/AboutUs_en.asp