Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Job offer! Scared/ anxious/ what now - anyone else in the same boat !

Job offer! Scared/ anxious/ what now - anyone else in the same boat !

Old Nov 22nd 2016, 6:23 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Job offer! Scared/ anxious/ what now - anyone else in the same boat !

Originally Posted by Victoria34
Hmmm, that is something I wasn't aware of. Thanks.

So , looking at the PNP, I have two options. One to apply as a Skilled Immigrant worker and one to apply as a Skilled Express entry. I have the validation code for EE, so would that make it quicker then?

I've put my son into the Working Holiday visa pool and then if he got that he would then go on to finish his degree so I kind of have that covered, if only for a matter of three / four years.
EE would be quicker, yes. But either way your nomination will expire after 6 months so you absolutely must apply for PR before that via either route.

Re: your son, he won't be able to study on an IEC, so the only option would be switching to a study permit, which could be tricky for the reasons previously stated (few ties to his home country etc).
Old Nov 22nd 2016, 6:35 am
Forum Regular

Victoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Job offer! Scared/ anxious/ what now - anyone else in the same boat !

Originally Posted by christmasoompa

That's not correct - you absolutely do need them if you go through EE. You only don't need them if you go via a paper based PNP application.

HTH.
Thanks both. It's PNP EE then I guess. Am aware about not studying on an IEC. IF he gets an invite to apply, we may just withdraw it at that time as would have had more time to look at the Unis out there and go for a study permit instead. Appreciate the help as always.

CO - re your comment above. Hopefully this will be my final question and get me out of your hair - .........I have to do the IELTS to get a validation code on EE (I have just assumed max points on the eligibility test).

I don't need them for a NOC A PNP so when you say a paper application, I assume you mean posting it and not doing it online? Or am I missing something completely !!!

OR what happens if I put the validation code in which had the made up IELTS results in (knowing that I don't need them)

Last edited by Victoria34; Nov 22nd 2016 at 6:41 am. Reason: Needed EVEN more info ! Yet another question !
Old Nov 22nd 2016, 6:44 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I don't need them for a NOC A PNP so when you say a paper application, I assume you mean posting it and not doing it online? Or am I missing something completely !!!
You do need IELTS for BC EE PNP app, it's mandatory for all skill levels. https://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate-t...-C-FAQ#anchor2

It's only paper based apps (i.e. the old fashioned way, not EE, which takes an awful lot longer) that wouldn't require it for skilled jobs.

So yes, if you're applying under EE you'll need IELTS/Celpip.

HTH.
Old Nov 22nd 2016, 6:51 am
Forum Regular

Victoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond repute

You do need IELTS for BC EE PNP app, it's mandatory for all skill levels. https://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate-t...-C-FAQ#anchor2

It's only paper based apps (i.e. the old fashioned way, not EE, which takes an awful lot longer) that wouldn't require it for skilled jobs.

So yes, if you're applying under EE you'll need IELTS/Celpip.

HTH.
Right OK. THanks Again again again!

I was trying to get out of the IELTS test to save time but basically it looks like there is no way to do that so I best get on and book the test!!! at least with PNP my points stay up!!
Old Nov 22nd 2016, 6:56 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Right OK. THanks Again again again!

I was trying to get out of the IELTS test to save time but basically it looks like there is no way to do that so I best get on and book the damn test!!! at least with PNP my points stay up!!
You'll need an ECA if you want to claim those points as well, and that can take ages depending on who you use and how long it takes to get transcripts, so do get that underway too.

HTH.
Old Nov 22nd 2016, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

You'll need an ECA if you want to claim those points as well, and that can take ages depending on who you use and how long it takes to get transcripts, so do get that underway too.

HTH.
Yes I was reading up on the ECA today . My education accounts for very little! I went straight into my career at a young age!
Old Nov 22nd 2016, 8:04 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Yes I was reading up on the ECA today . My education accounts for very little! I went straight into my career at a young age!
Ah, I'd forgotten that. I'm not sure you'll qualify for EE PNP then.

It might have to be a LMIA/TWP after all. Sorry.
Old Nov 22nd 2016, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

Ah, I'd forgotten that. I'm not sure you'll qualify for EE PNP then.

It might have to be a LMIA/TWP after all. Sorry.
Arghhh!!! I wondered that so thanks for clarifying . So basically I should not go down either PNP express or skilled migrant.

I lied when I said the last question was my last question 😬😬😂
Old Nov 22nd 2016, 8:27 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Arghhh!!! I wondered that so thanks for clarifying . So basically I should not go down either PNP express or skilled migrant.

I lied when I said the last question was my last question 😬😬😂
Sorry, I completely forgot that you're not eligible to enter the EE pool, and for BC PNP EE you do need to be. Skills (non EE) might be possible, but as it's also points based my guess is it probably isn't an option either - but do check that.

So sorry, my mistake.
Old Nov 22nd 2016, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

Sorry, I completely forgot that you're not eligible to enter the EE pool, and for BC PNP EE you do need to be. Skills (non EE) might be possible, but as it's also points based my guess is it probably isn't an option either - but do check that.

So sorry, my mistake.
Oh gosh. Please don't apologise! You've been so helpful .

I've been entering on come to Canada- work there for more than six months, that I have a job offer and it keeps offering me IMP !! I want TWP!!

Not sure why it's doing that because it's asking very basic questions - no ask of language tests or education . I may just risk the PNP Skilled immigrant. I can't see anywhere that it requests higher education unlike EE. If it takes longer then it takes longer - not much I can do about it 😐
Old Nov 22nd 2016, 8:50 am
SUPER MODERATOR

I've been entering on come to Canada- work there for more than six months, that I have a job offer and it keeps offering me IMP !! I want TWP!!
A TWP comes under IMP though! So if you carry on, it should then ask you about a LMIA etc.

Not sure why it's doing that because it's asking very basic questions - no ask of language tests or education .
Because neither of those are relevant to a TWP application - only for PR apps.

I may just risk the PNP Skilled immigrant. I can't see anywhere that it requests higher education unlike EE. If it takes longer then it takes longer - not much I can do about it 😐
Yes, but as above it's points based too, so it's whether or not you'll score enough without post-secondary education.
Old Nov 22nd 2016, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

A TWP comes under IMP though! So if you carry on, it should then ask you about a LMIA etc.

Because neither of those are relevant to a TWP application - only for PR apps.

Yes, but as above it's points based too, so it's whether or not you'll score enough without post-secondary education.
So I've spent half the day on the wrong app ??!!! That has actually made me laugh!!! I'm beyond useless with this!! What app am I meant to be looking at!!! Oh my gosh, I'm a complete idiot!!!
Old Nov 22nd 2016, 9:00 am
SUPER MODERATOR

So I've spent half the day on the wrong app ??!!! That has actually made me laugh!!! I'm beyond useless with this!! What app am I meant to be looking at!!! Oh my gosh, I'm a complete idiot!!!
No, it's the right thing, don't worry! I just think you've not gone far enough.

Get to the point where it says about IMP, but then if you carry on as if you're going to apply it should give you various options, one of which will be the LMIA route.

If I'm wrong again then I apologise, but I'm sure it was like that when I last did it!
Old Nov 22nd 2016, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

No, it's the right thing, don't worry! I just think you've not gone far enough.

Get to the point where it says about IMP, but then if you carry on as if you're going to apply it should give you various options, one of which will be the LMIA route.
Ah yes! You are right ! I think when I did that it had a drop down list of various options and one was LMIA so I'll see it through this time!
Old Nov 23rd 2016, 4:42 am
Forum Regular

One last thing I PROMISE (well, maybe). I have absolutely no idea where my GCSE certificates are on my one year (6th form) exam results. I think they were thrown away years ago. Do you need to provide secondary / 6th form certificates? I think I read somewhere that they don't check them.

Also, my husband certs are long gone. He did a two year Chefs course but that was over 30 years ago !!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.