Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Job offer and LMIA advice - EE & TWP

Job offer and LMIA advice - EE & TWP

Old Jan 16th 2020, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

gemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Job offer and LMIA advice - EE & TWP

My husband and I were rejected last November after an ITA under the EE for TSW. It was misunderstanding on our part as we had challenged his qualifications but not his education which we had claimed points for.

We’re back in the pool and have now awaiting for his WES report. In the meantime my husband has a job offer with an employer who has an LMIA.

We’re very keen to get out to Canada as soon as possible to start our exciting new chapter - it’s been a 2.5 year process to get this far! My question is... can we apply for a temporary work permit using this job offer and LMIA whilst still applying for PPR using the same job offer and LMIA?

If anyone has any experience of applying for a temporary work permit please share!

Thank you
Old Jan 16th 2020, 12:12 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Job offer and LMIA advice - EE & TWP

Short answer, yes! You might also be able to get Provincial Nomination using the same job offer.
https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Category:Temporary_Work_Permits-Canada

Once you have a copy of the LMIA and a signed contract and the employer has paid the fees, you can rock up at the port of entry with them and be issued with a work permit.. details in the link above... and the 'port of entry' section here: https://britishexpats.com/wiki/TWP_:...o_apply-Canada and https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpce...num=171&top=17

Do bear in mind that you won't be able to change employer - it will be a closed work permit - and if the job turns pearshape any applications that rely on it will also have gone.. if you go the PNP route, make sure you apply for PR as soon a you get your nomination certificate through.

Last edited by Siouxie; Jan 16th 2020 at 12:15 pm.
Old Jan 16th 2020, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

gemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for your reply. It’s really useful I will have a proper read through this evening.

On the off chance do you happen to know the following... so my husband already has one certificate or qualification for plumbing and is Red Seal and we’re about to start the process of also challenging his gas fitting qualifications with a view or taking the exam once in Canada. If we went down the TWP route and he passed his gas fitter exams can we then claim points for 2 certificates of qualification? I’m just just trying to make sure that we’d definitely have enough points to apply for PPR once out there.

Thank you
Old Jan 16th 2020, 10:42 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gemmy1203
On the off chance do you happen to know the following... so my husband already has one certificate or qualification for plumbing and is Red Seal and we’re about to start the process of also challenging his gas fitting qualifications with a view or taking the exam once in Canada. If we went down the TWP route and he passed his gas fitter exams can we then claim points for 2 certificates of qualification? I’m just just trying to make sure that we’d definitely have enough points to apply for PPR once out there.
No, you only get points for one I'm afraid. If you find you don't have enough points, then you could look at the PNP for your province.

Good luck.