Job offer conditions

Old Aug 31st 2004, 1:30 am
Account Closed

sam/stu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Job offer conditions

My husband has been offered a job in Toronto working for a construction company. The guy who runs it is more than happy to fill out all the necessary paperwork ,his only concern is if his work 'dries up' in the meantime will he have to employ my husband when we get over there? Also, with regards to the immigration process, if the job is certified by the HRDC and the paperwork is all sent off, does the immigration dept. keep checking that the job offer still stands? I would hate for us to fill out all the paperwork, pay all our fees then find out that half-way through the process the job offer is withdrawn as this would make a big difference to the points we have. Can anyone shed any light on this subject? Regards Sam

Last edited by sam/stu; Aug 31st 2004 at 1:32 am.
Old Aug 31st 2004, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

Xylene is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Job offer conditions

Originally Posted by sam/stu
My husband has been offered a job in Toronto working for a construction company. The guy who runs it is more than happy to fill out all the necessary paperwork ,his only concern is if his work 'dries up' in the meantime will he have to employ my husband when we get over there? Also, with regards to the immigration process, if the job is certified by the HRDC and the paperwork is all sent off, does the immigration dept. keep checking that the job offer still stands? I would hate for us to fill out all the paperwork, pay all our fees then find out that half-way through the process the job offer is withdrawn as this would make a big difference to the points we have. Can anyone shed any light on this subject? Regards Sam
Unless the the employers later on makes its own effort to inform CIC/HRSDC about the intention to revoke the arranged employment, it is fine. They
really dont mean much and they are for the points only.
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 12:38 am
Forum Regular

mirekj will become famous soon enoughmirekj will become famous soon enough

Hi Xylene

Can I ask you, did you get an Arranged Employment in Canada ?
If yes, how did you find it and what kind of papers you had to sent, except all work and education docs ?

MJ

Originally Posted by Xylene
Unless the the employers later on makes its own effort to inform CIC/HRSDC about the intention to revoke the arranged employment, it is fine. They
really dont mean much and they are for the points only.
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 1:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Redwings is an unknown quantity at this point

The process is when you get the HRDC clearance, it certainly means that there is no applicant to the job available and that it is the job of HRDC to make sure it has already been published throught Canada and there is no Candidate. You have to send application to the CIC with that letter to apply for work permit. On that HRDC letter, there is a clause stating that the employer has to inform HRDC should they not need your services. You can still be under their sponsorship even the company shrinks as long as they don`t inform HRDC. This will still be alright for you until you get inside Canada.

Now the very tricky thing. In Canada, all workers and students are required to renew their status every year which will cost you around 475CAD and then you have to undergo medical exams as well before they could issue the renewal and that will cost 700CAD. That will total to 1,075 for a family with 2 kids yearly. You have to make it clear with the employer who will bear this cost because almost all of employers dont want to pay this and this sucks.

My question is how many kids you have and how old are they?? I can give more advice because I was in exact same situation, but I got a full tiime permanent pre-arranged position before I came to Canada but still had some frustrations and I blame the CIC policy.

Originally Posted by sam/stu
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

mirekj will become famous soon enoughmirekj will become famous soon enough

Hi Redwings

Thanks for your post.
As far as I remember you have became a PR few months ago, right ?
I would like to describe my situation a bit.
I applied 6 months ago as a Skilled Worker, now I decided to get Arranged Employment (if possible) to boost my points as well as chances.
I read quite few advice from Experts and my point of view is as follow:

I try do find potential employer, if I do that I send all needed papers to the company. The company has to give me a full time job offer after landing.
The company also has to apply to HRDC for positive opinion. If HRDC issue the one, it is send by electronic mail directly to the Canadian Embassy.
After that, I have Arranged Employment and I can count my additional points.

Seems to by simply, but I guess it isn't. Could you give any advice in this matter please.
Have you been in the same situation before your landing ?
I have a spouse and one child before 5 (they are my dependents).

thanks a lot
MJ
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 7:31 am
BE Enthusiast

MJ

I waited a year when I was already in Canada before I filed my PR application. This ensured my additional points on adaptability credited.

I think what could happen if you get the HRDC clearance, apply for Work Permit. Once you are in Canada, transfer your file to Buffalo (if you filed your PR from somewhere else) and at the same time update them that you already are working in Canada.

I believe arranged employment or HRDC letter wont mean anything to them because you already have submitted your application.

Originally Posted by mirekj
Hi Redwings

Thanks for your post.
As far as I remember you have became a PR few months ago, right ?
I would like to describe my situation a bit.
I applied 6 months ago as a Skilled Worker, now I decided to get Arranged Employment (if possible) to boost my points as well as chances.
I read quite few advice from Experts and my point of view is as follow:

I try do find potential employer, if I do that I send all needed papers to the company. The company has to give me a full time job offer after landing.
The company also has to apply to HRDC for positive opinion. If HRDC issue the one, it is send by electronic mail directly to the Canadian Embassy.
After that, I have Arranged Employment and I can count my additional points.

Seems to by simply, but I guess it isn't. Could you give any advice in this matter please.
Have you been in the same situation before your landing ?
I have a spouse and one child before 5 (they are my dependents).

thanks a lot
MJ
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

sean007 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey RedWings,

I read that you applied for PR after working for a year in Canada. Did you apply for Skilled Worker through Buffalo? I was wondering if I can apply for PR while in Canada from Canada without going to "Skilled Worker" category to save some time.

- Sean

Originally Posted by Redwings
MJ

I waited a year when I was already in Canada before I filed my PR application. This ensured my additional points on adaptability credited.

I think what could happen if you get the HRDC clearance, apply for Work Permit. Once you are in Canada, transfer your file to Buffalo (if you filed your PR from somewhere else) and at the same time update them that you already are working in Canada.

I believe arranged employment or HRDC letter wont mean anything to them because you already have submitted your application.
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 8:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Yes I applied as Skilled Worker after a year while I am working in Canada through Buffalo. still took me 2 years 3 months.

no way you can save time.. you are left at the mercy of those.

what would be your option aside from Skilled Worker?

Originally Posted by sean007
Hey RedWings,

I read that you applied for PR after working for a year in Canada. Did you apply for Skilled Worker through Buffalo? I was wondering if I can apply for PR while in Canada from Canada without going to "Skilled Worker" category to save some time.

- Sean
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

I don't know. I was thinking that maybe after obtaining a work permit I could simply apply for PR while in canada and not go through "Skilled Worker" category. I'm sure there must be a different process from within Canada. I am not 100% sure about this but I am in the middle of figureing this out. Let me know if u find some other option.

- Sean

Yes I applied as Skilled Worker after a year while I am working in Canada through Buffalo. still took me 2 years 3 months.

Old Sep 2nd 2004, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

And by the way I will be getting my work permit through NAFTA as I hold US Possport. I don't know if that makes any difference though.

- Sean

Old Sep 2nd 2004, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Nafta visa wont matter even if you are US passport holder. Skilled worker application has its own unique pattern in Buffalo. There are so many in this forum who are US citizens and they are just treated the same.

Before I came to Canada, the Canadian Government paid all my expenses and they processed my the WP very quick. The Candian Ministry of Health even gave a very strong letter of request to CIC and HRDC to expedite my PR application. But this did not matter, CIC put me in the same long queue.

And by the way I will be getting my work permit through NAFTA as I hold US Possport. I don't know if that makes any difference though.

- Sean
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

You are right. I just spoke with one lawyer in Canada and she told me the same thing. I guess I should just go through "Skilled Worker". How long did you say its been taking through Buffalo?

- Sean

Nafta visa wont matter even if you are US passport holder. Skilled worker application has its own unique pattern in Buffalo. There are so many in this forum who are US citizens and they are just treated the same.

Before I came to Canada, the Canadian Government paid all my expenses and they processed my the WP very quick. The Candian Ministry of Health even gave a very strong letter of request to CIC and HRDC to expedite my PR application. But this did not matter, CIC put me in the same long queue.
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

Henok3 is an unknown quantity at this point

You are right. I just spoke with one lawyer in Canada and she told me the same thing. I guess I should just go through "Skilled Worker". How long did you say its been taking through Buffalo?

- Sean
Look here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...mes/index.html

Like most say, it depends on the immigration ghosts at Buffalo...if they like you, you can get through in as short as 12 months after application; or takes you a couple or more years like Redwings says. The best you can do is have as a completely documented application as you can...
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 10:03 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

There is no more file transfers on request from applicant allowed, except when it is necessary to maintain integrity of the process. So, he cannot transfer his file to Buffalo just because he wants, it doesn't work that way anymore.

And you are also wrong about arranged employment - as long as evidence of arranged employment (proper job offer with positive opinion from HRSDC) is received by visa post prior to assessment then it will be taken into account and will not only add points but also demonstrate better ability to succeed in Canada.

MJ

Old Sep 2nd 2004, 10:07 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

There is no such process, except for sponsored spouses and common-law partners inside Canada. Everyone non-sponsored, in Canada or abroad must apply in proper class (Skilled Worker or Business) through the Canadian visa post abroad.

Instead of trying to "figure it out" you should simply go to official Canadian government's website here:

www.cic.gc.ca

and learn at least some basics before starting to speculate and hope...

I don't know. I was thinking that maybe after obtaining a work permit I could simply apply for PR while in canada and not go through "Skilled Worker" category. I'm sure there must be a different process from within Canada. I am not 100% sure about this but I am in the middle of figureing this out. Let me know if u find some other option.

- Sean

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.