Job Offer

Old Nov 9th 2005, 11:21 am
Swollen Member

geo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Job Offer

I'm intrigued to know how hard it is to get HRSDC approval for a job offer? The employer has offered me a job and is prepared to send off the forms to HRDC stating I will not work before I am offered PR.

This is 5 more points on my application and it would be nice to have a job when/if I land. So what are my chances?

Thanks once more for sharing,

G.
Old Nov 9th 2005, 11:49 am
Can I go now!?

OzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really nice
Default Re: Job Offer

Originally Posted by geo4
I'm intrigued to know how hard it is to get HRSDC approval for a job offer? The employer has offered me a job and is prepared to send off the forms to HRDC stating I will not work before I am offered PR.

This is 5 more points on my application and it would be nice to have a job when/if I land. So what are my chances?

Thanks once more for sharing,

G.
I can't comment on how hard it would be to get the approval. I would think it would depend on what the demand for skilled labour in your industry is like. Perhaps you could post what industry your experience is in and perhaps someone else can give you an indication.

Also if you have a HRDC approved job you will get 15 points, 10 for arranged employment and 5 for adaptability.
Old Nov 9th 2005, 11:53 am
Swollen Member

geo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzRob
I can't comment on how hard it would be to get the approval. I would think it would depend on what the demand for skilled labour in your industry is like. Perhaps you could post what industry your experience is in and perhaps someone else can give you an indication.

Also if you have a HRDC approved job you will get 15 points, 10 for arranged employment and 5 for adaptability.
Bearing in mind the job offer is for when I get PR, not before; I think it doesn't have to be something a Canadian cannot do. Is that statement correct. As long as they are paying me a comparable rate to Canadians then it is OK I was led to believe?
Old Nov 9th 2005, 12:14 pm
Can I go now!?

OzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really nice

Bearing in mind the job offer is for when I get PR, not before; I think it doesn't have to be something a Canadian cannot do. Is that statement correct. As long as they are paying me a comparable rate to Canadians then it is OK I was led to believe?
If you are applying for PR then I think you are correct. Perhaps one of the experts can help on that one.

Once your arranged position has been approved then you get the 15 points. Also you will not be required to prove that you have the, otherwise, required settlement funds.
Old Nov 9th 2005, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

Kazphillips will become famous soon enoughKazphillips will become famous soon enough

Hiya

I think you're right - if you get an AEO (Arranged Employment Opinion) which means you have an HRDC approved job offer for when you gain your PR then you don't have to prove that a Canadian can't do the job because you will be a Canadian PR when you start work. If that makes sense!

Please let us know how it goes and what the job is etc. This is something we are trying to arrange as well.

I also think that if you have arranged employment that is approved by HRDC then your PR application may get fast tracked. How true this is though I am not sure!!

Kaz x

Old Nov 9th 2005, 1:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Reghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to all

The approval for Arranged Employment Opinion(AEO) which goes along with PR application is relatively easier than the Labour Market Opinion which is required to get a Work Permit.

For an AEO the employer does not even have to show that there is no canadain available as he would be employing you after you become a PR, plus he is under no obligation to employ you if he finds you not suitable enough to work with him once you reach there.

If the company offering the job has all it papers in place(like tax papers etc) and has been active for more than 12 months, then they are eligible to apply for AEO.

You would get 15 points if you get an AEO

This is what i have understood from reading the earlier threads in this forum. visit the cic website for more info and ask the experts to confirm.

regs