Job Interview

Old Oct 12th 2005, 5:00 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute
Default Job Interview

I have a job interview lined up. My PR application is in early stages ( July 05 ) so won't have been looked at yet. If miracle upon miracles, I get offered the job and the company suggest I work temporarily on a work permit ( assuming this has to be HRDC approved ?!?!?! ) what should I do regarding the PR Visa application ? What should I forward to them to bolster the application ?

Last edited by Tangram; Oct 12th 2005 at 5:06 am.
Old Oct 12th 2005, 5:56 am
Cochrane AB Bound!

us3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really nice
Default Re: Job Interview

Hi
We are in a similar situ as you, I have also put on a thread today, If I get any advice I will let you know
Old Oct 12th 2005, 11:20 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone else any views on this. Thanks to Rich for the message. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.
Old Oct 13th 2005, 12:29 am
Just Joined

JamesK is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
You get the employer to get the offer confirmed by HRSDC and send you a letter confirming the job offer and the HRSDC confirmation. Then I'd recommend you take it in person to the immigration office in London - plan to get there early as a queue forms before the office opens. Once you get to see one of the immigration officers they will probably be really helpful. Your application should then be fast-tracked as described on the uk website:

http://www.canada.org.uk/visa-info/general/e_protim.htm

The sticking point may be the HRSDC confirmation, as that can be quite difficult to get for some job categories. If you can't get this, you may want to try and get a letter of intent from the employer and take that to London to be added to the file. It might help, it might not.

Cheers,
James.
Old Oct 13th 2005, 1:09 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Originally Posted by JamesK
Hi,
You get the employer to get the offer confirmed by HRSDC and send you a letter confirming the job offer and the HRSDC confirmation. Then I'd recommend you take it in person to the immigration office in London - plan to get there early as a queue forms before the office opens. Once you get to see one of the immigration officers they will probably be really helpful. Your application should then be fast-tracked as described on the uk website:

http://www.canada.org.uk/visa-info/general/e_protim.htm

The sticking point may be the HRSDC confirmation, as that can be quite difficult to get for some job categories. If you can't get this, you may want to try and get a letter of intent from the employer and take that to London to be added to the file. It might help, it might not.

Cheers,
James.
Thanks James, here's hoping I need a trip to London soon
Old Nov 9th 2005, 1:57 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Smile Re: Job Interview

Just as an update to those who asked to be kept informed, I had the telephone interview and they are arranging for a Head of Dept to do a second. If suitable they will try and put through a work visa HRDC for me.

So in all, it went well, hour and half on the phone and second interview lined up. Still don't know how much the job pays ( opportunity to ask never arose ) so who can say if it happens.

Thanks to all for the good wishes.