Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Job Bank ad prior to applying for LMO

Job Bank ad prior to applying for LMO

Old Jan 7th 2012, 12:42 am
Forum Regular

NicknBridget is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Job Bank ad prior to applying for LMO

We need to extend our work permit which expires in May. OH's boss is trying to place an ad on the Job Bank as part of the criteria for the LMO but is having a very hard time placing an ad that comes up with the right NOC code which is 7219. This is the code we got the last LMO with, and the code we have applied for FSW Cat 2.
The only code he can find is 7441 which covers overhead door installers (which my OH is) but he is in a supervisory role, which is why we previously applied under 7219 which is the code for 'other construction trades/supervisors'.
His first LMO was issued under code 7219 - Commercial overhead door installer/supervisor.

After all that, my question is: if the ad is placed under 7441, but a sub-title added to say it is a supervisory role will that satisfy the officer assessing the LMO application? If this is possible, would it be acceptable to add the correct NOC code in the sub-title?

It seems impossible in Job Bank to add any of your own text other than a sub title, and my OH's boss is really not sure what to do.
I know this pretty specific, but would be very grateful if anyone who knows these things could advise