Jimbo0000's questions about visas

Old Apr 25th 2014, 3:40 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jimbo0000's questions about visas

Originally Posted by jimbo0000
i have the imm 5612,0008 and the imm 5409 forms
would this be correct
For what? You still haven't said what you're applying for, or who is going to be the principal applicant! Going on the above, I'd assume Skilled Trades, but you've not said which visa route, can you clarify?

And in any event, you don't need to worry about forms yet, you need to start gathering all of your other paperwork first as that's what takes the time.
Old Apr 25th 2014, 3:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
Ignoring FlyingDutchman's suspicions (which I fear may be right, but I'm bored, so whatever)

I'm going to go out on a limb here and take a position I don't believe I have before.

You DO need an immigration representative because I genuinely don't think you are capable of doing this on your own. Let's face it you can't even construct a grammatically decent sentence, let alone fill in any kind of official paperwork.
I've been trying to stay out of this thread

I tend to concur with Zoe, given that I find the CIC website very well set out, & easy to navigate, with clear step-by-step instructions. You don't seem to It ain't rocket science.

However, start here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/getting-started.asp

And follow the STEP-BY-STEP instructions provided!

Another bit of unsolicited advice: looks to me as if your wife's job may be the best bet for primary applicant. The company I work for has, in the last 3 years, successfully applied for & obtained LMOS FOR 3 chefs (mid to high-end, rather than "fast food" type outlets), 2 of whom are well on their way to PR status. (One of them may already have it, I haven't asked recently; the third doesn't want it).

I don't work for Intrawest, however your wife might like to have a look at their careers page. Ditto some other well known chains...

Have you or your wife actually already visited Canada? (I admit to being lazy & not rereading the whole thread) If not, I strongly recommend doing so before moving.

Whether or not you have, what is your motivation for emigrating here? & where exactly are you looking at?

Good luck!

S
Old Apr 25th 2014, 4:56 am
Forum Regular

jimbo0000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes right enough my partner will be the first applicant and the visa route would be to work and live hopefully.,thanks for that.This is why i paid city visa,s to do when sent them all documentation.Now to do it all again,so my own fault for trusting a worthless company whom have left us doing the whole process again which has been a major set back.
Old Apr 25th 2014, 5:08 am
Forum Regular

jimbo0000 is an unknown quantity at this point

We visited edmonton in alberta 10 days,was ok but the hotel give us no info.Mind you i did notice they looked a little bit behinde the times there but all and all it was a good experience and my wife did notice we were a lot happier in Canada,not just because we were not away from the UK we just felt more at ease if you know what i mean.
Old Apr 25th 2014, 5:09 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shirtback
I've been trying to stay out of this thread
I'm starting to feel like I need to have a drink every time I see a notification hit my email... I'm usually pretty patient on here and I'm becoming less and less so in this thread!

OP has been given tons of helpful information and doesn't seem to be listening to most/any of it. He's been told a few times he's best off with his wife applying as the principal applicant, but he doesn't seem to want to do that. (Though I just saw his post where he's finally said he'll do it with his wife's details. Good.)

I agree with Zoe and SB - OP probably needs to just to get an immigration lawyer to sort this out as he doesn't seem to be particularly capable of understanding CIC's website - and I agree with you, SB, it's not THAT hard to at least get to the right forms. A few questions about specific parts is understandable but "do I even have the right forms" ... Two immigration companies have been recommended here now - OP, I suggest you get in touch with them!

I'm going to go get lunch before this gets out of hand!
Old Apr 25th 2014, 5:16 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Yes right enough my partner will be the first applicant and the visa route would be to work and live hopefully.,thanks for that.This is why i paid city visa,s to do when sent them all documentation.Now to do it all again,so my own fault for trusting a worthless company whom have left us doing the whole process again which has been a major set back.
Could I suggest you have a read of this: http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Quick_...an_Immigration

I think you are confusing people or else are confused.

There is a Temporary Work Permit (requiring a Labour Market Opinion) - you would need to find a job before you could apply.

Then there are Permanent Residence streams which once processed and approved would allow you to live and work anywhere in Canada. You don't necessarily need to have a job offer to apply for it. There are more than 50 'routes' to gain PR.

What people are asking is which of these routes are you going to apply for and are you intending on coming to work temporarily or are you going to try for PR.

I would suggest your partner looks at the new Federal Skilled Worker (Trades) that opens on May 1st. If the application is successful, this would give you Permanent Residency in Canada.

Old Apr 25th 2014, 5:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
I'm starting to feel like I need to have a drink every time I see a notification hit my email... I'm usually pretty patient on here and I'm becoming less and less so in this thread!

OP has been given tons of helpful information and doesn't seem to be listening to most/any of it. He's been told a few times he's best off with his wife applying as the principal applicant, but he doesn't seem to want to do that. (Though I just saw his post where he's finally said he'll do it with his wife's details. Good.)

I agree with Zoe and SB - OP probably needs to just to get an immigration lawyer to sort this out as he doesn't seem to be particularly capable of understanding CIC's website - and I agree with you, SB, it's not THAT hard to at least get to the right forms. A few questions about specific parts is understandable but "do I even have the right forms" ... Two immigration companies have been recommended here now - OP, I suggest you get in touch with them!

I'm going to go get lunch before this gets out of hand!
I started drinking at 0929 this morning after reading his 1st post of the day
I tend to think he is now getting a basic understanding that his wife should be the principal applicant via the Federal Skilled Trades
Old Apr 25th 2014, 5:35 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Yes right enough my partner will be the first applicant and the visa route would be to work and live hopefully.
There are over 50 routes to 'work and live' in Canada. Each has different forms, different requirements, etc, and you are not giving us the info we need to help you.

I'm afraid I agree with everybody else, and although I rarely say this (even though I worked for the above mentioned immigration consultant for years!), I think you really need help as you don't seem to be understanding the basics and I'm just not sure you'd get an application in in time on your own.

You'd need to be prepared to pay more for a proper consultant than you paid to the unregistered ones, but I think it would be money well spent in your case.

We're all trying to help you, but you're not answering our questions or seemingly understanding them, so I think this is one occasion when professional help would actually be warranted.

Best of luck.
Old Apr 25th 2014, 6:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

We visited edmonton in alberta 10 days,was ok but the hotel give us no info.Mind you i did notice they looked a little bit behinde the times there but all and all it was a good experience and my wife did notice we were a lot happier in Canada,not just because we were not away from the UK we just felt more at ease if you know what i mean.
What info did you expect from the hotel? On migration, or a lack of tourist advice?

I'm glad you were happy on your holiday. Has this happened before on short breaks to other places?
Old Apr 25th 2014, 6:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

So, you already have all the documentation prepared & ready to go. Some of it may need to be updated, but that is not insurmountable, right?

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly

I have HUGE admiration & respect for you & other long timers who post here. Your patience is quite extraordinary sometimes!

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Could I suggest you have a read of this: http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Quick_...an_Immigration

I think you are confusing people or else are confused.

There is a Temporary Work Permit (requiring a Labour Market Opinion) - you would need to find a job before you could apply.

Then there are Permanent Residence streams which once processed and approved would allow you to live and work anywhere in Canada. You don't necessarily need to have a job offer to apply for it. There are more than 50 'routes' to gain PR.

What people are asking is which of these routes are you going to apply for and are you intending on coming to work temporarily or are you going to try for PR.

I would suggest your partner looks at the new Federal Skilled Worker (Trades) that opens on May 1st. If the application is successful, this would give you Permanent Residency in Canada.

The kindest thing I can say here is that the OP (Jimbo) seems baffled and, yes, confused. Short of actually doing the application for him/his wife, I can't see how much further any of us can help him/them

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
There are over 50 routes to 'work and live' in Canada. Each has different forms, different requirements, etc, and you are not giving us the info we need to help you.

I'm afraid I agree with everybody else, and although I rarely say this (even though I worked for the above mentioned immigration consultant for years!), I think you really need help as you don't seem to be understanding the basics and I'm just not sure you'd get an application in in time on your own.

You'd need to be prepared to pay more for a proper consultant than you paid to the unregistered ones, but I think it would be money well spent in your case.

We're all trying to help you, but you're not answering our questions or seemingly understanding them, so I think this is one occasion when professional help would actually be warranted.

Best of luck.
I think Jimbo needs to sit down, breathe deeply, look over the application & supporting documents he already gathered for the unsuccessful attempt with the so-called visa experts he hired, & see how he can use these for an independent application, or for a new attempt via a reputable agent.

The IELTS requirement for PR, if not already dealt with, will be (nigh on) impossible to get before May 1st.

I've been somewhat sympathetic to the cause, but am starting to lean towards the "gimme a drink, this is getting ridiculous" POV.

S
Old Apr 25th 2014, 6:42 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shirtback
The IELTS requirement for PR, if not already dealt with, will be (nigh on) impossible to get before May 1st.

S
I'm of the opinion that the timing of the IELTS may be the least of his worries.
Old Apr 25th 2014, 7:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
I'm of the opinion that the timing of the IELTS may be the least of his worries.
Quite.

I am, however, trying to remain polite, & helpful.

(If a previous FSW application was at least filled out, albeit not submitted, according to the Op's admittedly confusing & contradictory information, IELTS *may* have been done already)

S