Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Jim or Andrew, question on Copy 2 of Medical Receipt

Jim or Andrew, question on Copy 2 of Medical Receipt

Old Feb 5th 2005, 3:55 am
Just Joined

Jenna31 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Jim or Andrew, question on Copy 2 of Medical Receipt

Hi...

I am an outside spouse from USA.

We sent our package in to Missassauga Jan 31st, 2005.

I'm a bit worried now because I just read that a girl got her package sent back for not affixing the photo to the copy 2 and that the copy wasn't stamped by the doctor.

Now, my copy 2 of the medical recepit had a photo affixed by the doctor. However, I noticed that I filled out the top left part with my details (person being examined) and I filled out the bottom half as well with my details (principal applicant) I TOTALLY didn't see the "same as above" checkmark, and didn't check that. Now, all of the information is EXACTLY the same as the top. Name, birthday, address, etc. Surely they will see this?

However, my copy wasn't stamped by the doctor, BUT I had a regular receipt from them which shows my name and what I paid, and says immigration physical. THAT was stamped with their address and such, and I sent a copy of that.
Also, my doctor filled out the right side, and that the results were sent to ottawa, but he left the Visa office part blank. Now since I'm USA, they are going to buffalo, but i didn't touch that side of the application since it was supposed to be filled out by the doctor, and I figured he knew what he was doing.

Is any of that going to be a problem for me? I'm so worried they are going to send this stuff back. I double checked until my eyes fell out, so I'm a bit upset by this.

Thanks,
Jen L.
Old Feb 5th 2005, 4:22 am
Forum Regular

mark-r is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Jim or Andrew, question on Copy 2 of Medical Receipt

I think this is down to the immigration officer who deals with it, if they're not the brightest spark (which is extremely unlikely in my opinion) they will send it back and be awkward, but anyone with half a brain will realise what you've done and it should be fine if you ask me so don't worry, but you might want to hear back from jim/andrew someone who will be able to be a little bit more precise (I'm not an officer etc), I really wouldn't worry about this.

Best of luck!

Originally Posted by Jenna31
Hi...

I am an outside spouse from USA.

We sent our package in to Missassauga Jan 31st, 2005.

I'm a bit worried now because I just read that a girl got her package sent back for not affixing the photo to the copy 2 and that the copy wasn't stamped by the doctor.

Now, my copy 2 of the medical recepit had a photo affixed by the doctor. However, I noticed that I filled out the top left part with my details (person being examined) and I filled out the bottom half as well with my details (principal applicant) I TOTALLY didn't see the "same as above" checkmark, and didn't check that. Now, all of the information is EXACTLY the same as the top. Name, birthday, address, etc. Surely they will see this?

However, my copy wasn't stamped by the doctor, BUT I had a regular receipt from them which shows my name and what I paid, and says immigration physical. THAT was stamped with their address and such, and I sent a copy of that.
Also, my doctor filled out the right side, and that the results were sent to ottawa, but he left the Visa office part blank. Now since I'm USA, they are going to buffalo, but i didn't touch that side of the application since it was supposed to be filled out by the doctor, and I figured he knew what he was doing.

Is any of that going to be a problem for me? I'm so worried they are going to send this stuff back. I double checked until my eyes fell out, so I'm a bit upset by this.

Thanks,
Jen L.
Old Feb 5th 2005, 7:24 pm
Just Joined

Jenna31 is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: Jim or Andrew, question on Copy 2 of Medical Receipt

Just bumping this up so Andrew or Jim might see it and offer an opinion.

Originally Posted by mark-r
I think this is down to the immigration officer who deals with it, if they're not the brightest spark (which is extremely unlikely in my opinion) they will send it back and be awkward, but anyone with half a brain will realise what you've done and it should be fine if you ask me so don't worry, but you might want to hear back from jim/andrew someone who will be able to be a little bit more precise (I'm not an officer etc), I really wouldn't worry about this.

Best of luck!