Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Jason Kenney to hold Press Conference Today @ 3.45pm (Ontario time)

Jason Kenney to hold Press Conference Today @ 3.45pm (Ontario time)

Old Jun 28th 2012, 6:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Jason Kenney to hold Press Conference Today @ 3.45pm (Ontario time)

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
Hmm so it could just be an error? Or is that wishful thinking?
I suspect it's real enough, CIC are just making a mess of their web site or can't use their web publishing software correctly.

The intent is there for all to see (but I guess they can always roll back their plans):

Am I eligible?

Complete Federal Skilled Worker applications received by the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) on or after July 1, 2012, will be placed into processing if they meet the criteria in one of the two categories described below.

Important information
Application category

Choose the Category in the table below which corresponds to your situation. This chart describes the two categories available to you.
Category 1

You have an offer of arranged employment in Canada. The employment offer should:

be in writing,
be indeterminate in duration, and
meet the arranged employment described in this guide.

Category 2

You are an international student currently enrolled in a doctoral (PhD) program, delivered by a recognized post-secondary educational institution located in Canada, and:
Old Jun 28th 2012, 6:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Waggle
Although since "Just in time" was mentioned, it will likely be in the form of a dynamically changing list.

Wayne.
But hopefully a rapid application process given the 'just in time' label, but then rapid as defined by government is probably not how I'd define the term

Oh well, time to think about booking a flight and Job Hunting (and I've only just started a new Job in the UK too, better be careful how I play this )
Old Jun 28th 2012, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

lydiaparr is an unknown quantity at this point

I know you are going to say its up to them and they can let in who they like how they like but in my opinion they have just shat on us from a great height.

We have spent a year waiting to apply with our heart not in this country but another. Have spent a long time getting our application together and worrying about every tiny detail chasing references, addresses and supporting documents.

Just think if they were planning on changing /scrapping the current immigration system they could of announced it 3 months or so before rather than at the last minute pulling the rug from beneath our feet.
Yes I am emotional and yes I know you men are going to tell me they were completely within their rights to do what they did.
It hurts getting your dream crushed so I think I have every right to feel gutted for me and my family right now.
Tomorrow seems like a forgone conclusion.
Old Jun 28th 2012, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

Canuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really nice

Oh this is a very sad day. Getting a job via twp will be nigh impossible for the majority of jobs, even if they are considered 'in demand'. It's obvious who the government are trying to attract by using 'study' on at least 2 of their routes. This isn't going to help Vancouver that's for sure.
Old Jun 28th 2012, 7:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the rough

I feel like this is just going to put more delay, and more pressure on the LMO system which in places like Ontario for the majority of people is almost impossible, from what I have seen through my immigrant friends, and myself. I am so lucky I found a Canadian Boyfriend!
Old Jun 28th 2012, 7:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

The press release is out:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...2012-06-28.asp
Old Jun 28th 2012, 7:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by scribe123
But hopefully a rapid application process given the 'just in time' label, but then rapid as defined by government is probably not how I'd define the term

Oh well, time to think about booking a flight and Job Hunting (and I've only just started a new Job in the UK too, better be careful how I play this )
Tbh if they are going to have an in-demand list it should be just that. And therefore needs regular review.

I'd review it every 3 months or so, have a rapid turnaround of application (say 6 months tops for processing) but also insist the applicant takes up residency in Canada within a sensible timeframe. Rather than 1 year from medicals, I'd rather see 3 months from issuance of visa.

But as some people have said, currently the person does not need to work in their field to get residency. FSW2 and PNP at least ensures the person gets a reasonable job before residency is granted.

They may well end up just scrapping the in-demand list, but this gives them 6 months to plan things properly and work it out, and well as having time to process a good chunk of the current 110,000 outstanding Feb2008-July2012 applications.

Wayne.
Old Jun 28th 2012, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

Canuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really nice

I hope that works for you I really do. I also had one a few years back, promised me we'd be together in Canada after multiple trips back and forth. Alas it didn't come to anything. Since then I'm now a trained nurse, fsw application in hand ready to send and a few hundred pounds lighter, and now that's been pulled from under me. I now think its just not meant to be, but I know its where I want to be.
Old Jun 28th 2012, 7:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Canuck Fan
I hope that works for you I really do. I also had one a few years back, promised me we'd be together in Canada after multiple trips back and forth. Alas it didn't come to anything. Since then I'm now a trained nurse, fsw application in hand ready to send and a few hundred pounds lighter, and now that's been pulled from under me. I now think its just not meant to be, but I know its where I want to be.
I know that feeling of just literally feeling like you've been gutted. Someone has swooped in and taken everything away. I had the same thing, for offered a Job at PWC, then they refused to do an LMO for me, I felt like my dream was smashed into a million peices.

If you are a nurse, the LMO option is still a very viable one for you. My boyfriend sponsored me to stay here, we have been together about 2 years, and I am so happy for him to step up and do that for me, or else there is no other way I could stay here.
Old Jun 28th 2012, 7:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, that's pretty surprising they completely froze the FSW1 programme. Really sucks for people who were planning to apply.

Originally Posted by sdo1982
Im betting the requirement for CEC is reduced to 1 year, enabling transition from TWP to PR for people with work experience in Canada.
Disagree. The scrapped FSW3 last year which shows they don't care much for people on Temp Work Permits. I guess we'll see.

Last edited by CanadaJimmy; Jun 28th 2012 at 7:37 pm.
Old Jun 28th 2012, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by scottyxx
I know that feeling of just literally feeling like you've been gutted. Someone has swooped in and taken everything away. I had the same thing, for offered a Job at PWC, then they refused to do an LMO for me, I felt like my dream was smashed into a million peices.

If you are a nurse, the LMO option is still a very viable one for you. My boyfriend sponsored me to stay here, we have been together about 2 years, and I am so happy for him to step up and do that for me, or else there is no other way I could stay here.
Happy for you scottyxx, he must be a keeper Not many people would be prepared to stick their neck out to be a sponsor
Old Jun 28th 2012, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

I guess I should contact Acro to see whether I can get at least some of my money back for my police cert, only sent it off last week
Old Jun 28th 2012, 8:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Happy for you scottyxx, he must be a keeper Not many people would be prepared to stick their neck out to be a sponsor
Yes, I didn't want to ask him and put him that position, but he offered, he's seen how upset ive been over work permit rejections and LMO issues, its kinda funny hough because he is sponsoring me, I am the main breadwinner in our house. So although he is the one supposed to support me, its me thats brining home the bacon and giving us healthcare...kinda funny!
Old Jun 28th 2012, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by scottyxx
Yes, I didn't want to ask him and put him that position, but he offered, he's seen how upset ive been over work permit rejections and LMO issues, its kinda funny hough because he is sponsoring me, I am the main breadwinner in our house. So although he is the one supposed to support me, its me thats brining home the bacon and giving us healthcare...kinda funny!
Well thats how good relationships work i guess, its all about helping each other
Old Jun 28th 2012, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well thats how good relationships work i guess, its all about helping each other
Having kittens also helps hehe. I really hope you find something to help you get over. My friend is Nurse, she got a job in Toronto with an LMO and is coming over that way. Unfortunately, because its a temporary job she too is also relying on her canadian other half to sponsor her. It's a sorry state of affairs when the only way into a country is to marry someone!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.