Jan 2006 AOR. 60 day Letter

Old May 3rd 2008, 3:05 am
Forum Regular

sim2point4 has much to be proud ofsim2point4 has much to be proud ofsim2point4 has much to be proud ofsim2point4 has much to be proud ofsim2point4 has much to be proud ofsim2point4 has much to be proud ofsim2point4 has much to be proud ofsim2point4 has much to be proud ofsim2point4 has much to be proud ofsim2point4 has much to be proud ofsim2point4 has much to be proud of
Question Re: Jan 2006 AOR. 60 day Letter

Originally Posted by claire600
It is strange that we got a 90 day letter with the med requests included. We will be applying for police certificates through the traditional route.

Good luck to all of you Jan and Feb AOR's

Claire
Claire, what date did your application go in?
Do you mind me asking what profession you are claiming points for?
I think that as you have received meds aswell, you must have proved beyond doubt that you qualify, as I thought that they only send you med requests if you have been accepted bar the meds and security checks.
Regards
Sim
Old May 3rd 2008, 4:03 am
Forum Regular

claire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really nice
Default Re: Jan 2006 AOR. 60 day Letter

We applied around the 9th January and received our AOR 10th February. I have no idea why we have got our meds and a 90 day letter. I was a teacher when I applied and we have purchased a house and have some funds from the sale of our house (we are renting at the moment) ...we don't speak French and dont have jobs lined up. My only qualifying relative died last year and I need to update them about that.

We have only lived in the UK

I wrote a supporting letter

Still can't believe it

Claire
Old May 3rd 2008, 4:22 am
Forum Regular

sim2point4 has much to be proud ofsim2point4 has much to be proud ofsim2point4 has much to be proud ofsim2point4 has much to be proud ofsim2point4 has much to be proud ofsim2point4 has much to be proud ofsim2point4 has much to be proud ofsim2point4 has much to be proud ofsim2point4 has much to be proud ofsim2point4 has much to be proud ofsim2point4 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by claire600
We applied around the 9th January and received our AOR 10th February. I have no idea why we have got our meds and a 90 day letter. I was a teacher when I applied and we have purchased a house and have some funds from the sale of our house (we are renting at the moment) ...we don't speak French and dont have jobs lined up. My only qualifying relative died last year and I need to update them about that.

We have only lived in the UK

I wrote a supporting letter

Still can't believe it

Claire
Many thanks Claire for answering my questions when you could easily have told me not to be so nosy!
Congrats for getting this far, wishing you the best of luck with your application.
Regards
Sim
Old May 6th 2008, 7:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sim2point4
Many thanks Claire for answering my questions when you could easily have told me not to be so nosy!
Congrats for getting this far, wishing you the best of luck with your application.
Regards
Sim
Hi Sim
We seem to be level pegging at the moment. Our documents went in yesterday as well. Did you send them? My hubbie works London so walked them in the door. I have not had a response to my e-mail request for med requests yet, but will let you know as soon as I do.
lol
Stef and Lins
Old May 7th 2008, 12:38 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lins and Stef McLachlan
Hi Sim
We seem to be level pegging at the moment. Our documents went in yesterday as well. Did you send them? My hubbie works London so walked them in the door. I have not had a response to my e-mail request for med requests yet, but will let you know as soon as I do.
lol
Stef and Lins
Hi Stef,
I sent the updates by special delivery next day, and I was assured that they would reach CHC by 1pm today.
I was reading through some old threads ref medicals, it seems that CHC attatch photos to the medical forms, and as you have to send your children's updated photos, mabey that's why you didn't get your medical forms yet?
Just a theory...
Old May 7th 2008, 12:48 am
Forum Regular

altalink will become famous soon enough

Good effort turning that around in four days ... how did you get the police certs so fast ? We're still waiting for them ...

Cheers
Old May 7th 2008, 1:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by altalink
Good effort turning that around in four days ... how did you get the police certs so fast ? We're still waiting for them ...

Cheers
We have been sooo ready for sooo long!
We got new ones done Dec 07 and got them back the end of Jan 08, as they are valid for a year, and could see by reading others timelines that the update letter would be coming our way about this time. I guess I am just a very organised person, but admit that without this forum and Trackitt, I would not have been able to be so organised!
Old May 7th 2008, 1:15 am
Forum Regular

Just to add to my previous post, I have also been following Andrew Miller's advice to check other people's timelines and get updates, police certs, etc ready, so as not to make the process even longer.
Old May 7th 2008, 1:36 am
Forum Regular

Guess I was just a bit slow off the mark on that one, we had intended sending
the forms off at the end of April, thinking we would see the letter in May or
June, so got caught a bit flat footed ... c-est la vie ...

Best of luck getting to the end ...

Cheers
Old May 7th 2008, 1:39 am
Forum Regular

Guess I was just a bit slow off the mark on that one, we had intended sending
the forms off at the end of April, thinking we would see the letter in May or
June, so got caught a bit flat footed ... c-est la vie ...

Best of luck getting to the end ...

Cheers
All the best of luck to you too!
Old May 7th 2008, 7:46 am
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Stef,
I sent the updates by special delivery next day, and I was assured that they would reach CHC by 1pm today.
I was reading through some old threads ref medicals, it seems that CHC attatch photos to the medical forms, and as you have to send your children's updated photos, mabey that's why you didn't get your medical forms yet?
Just a theory...
Hi Sim
Not sure that's the reason for not sending out med forms though....have you got kids too?.

We got a same day service with our Police checks as OH is in the job and popped round and just got them done while he waited. What has held us up is the duties my hubby has been on, when he was available to walk it in. We didn't want to chance the erratic postal system

Where are you getting your meds done? We have phoned around and Cambridge seem to be about £100 cheaper than anywhere else, so may just go there. It will depend on how long we will have to wait for an appt.

EXCITING TIMES AHEAD!!!!!
Lol
Stef

Last edited by lins and Stef McLachlan; May 7th 2008 at 7:46 am. Reason: typo
Old May 8th 2008, 1:21 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lins and Stef McLachlan
Hi Sim
Not sure that's the reason for not sending out med forms though....have you got kids too?.

We got a same day service with our Police checks as OH is in the job and popped round and just got them done while he waited. What has held us up is the duties my hubby has been on, when he was available to walk it in. We didn't want to chance the erratic postal system

Where are you getting your meds done? We have phoned around and Cambridge seem to be about £100 cheaper than anywhere else, so may just go there. It will depend on how long we will have to wait for an appt.

EXCITING TIMES AHEAD!!!!!
Lol
Stef
Yeah got two kids, boy of 5 and girl of 3, can't wait to get them over to Canada!
I was able to check on the post office website to see that my updates arrived at CHC yesterday, so that's a weight off our minds, good that yours were personally handed in!
When we receive the medical requests I will go for whoever is quickest, from what I have read on here, London seems to be quite quick, might have to have a day trip there.
Now I guess its the second round of waiting for the next stage, still we are really just hapy to have had contact from the CHC after such a long wait.
All the best to you and your family.
Regards
Sim
Old May 8th 2008, 7:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Yeah got two kids, boy of 5 and girl of 3, can't wait to get them over to Canada!
I was able to check on the post office website to see that my updates arrived at CHC yesterday, so that's a weight off our minds, good that yours were personally handed in!
When we receive the medical requests I will go for whoever is quickest, from what I have read on here, London seems to be quite quick, might have to have a day trip there.
Now I guess its the second round of waiting for the next stage, still we are really just hapy to have had contact from the CHC after such a long wait.
All the best to you and your family.
Regards
Sim
Yes
It will be interesting to see how long it will be before we get the medicals....Great that you have checked that your docs arrived safe and sound. Where are you looking to settle? We are going to Windsor Ontario, place called LaSalle as we have friends there. My boys ar 11 and 13 so crucial for their education this year. Youngest moves to secondaryschool in Sept and oldest will have to choose which subjects to drop in September.....so we just want to go now......Have you got a house to sell? We have and even that won't be as straightforward as it was before HIPS.
Good luck with the rest of the journey
lol
Stef and Lins
Old May 8th 2008, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

Hi, sorry to ambush the thread as this is a bit off topic, but I notice your kids
are heading to school in Ontario, we're aiming for the same with our daughter,
heading probably for Burlington and hopefully in September.

I don't know if it's the same where you're going, but we've noticed that the rolls need to be in place by the 15th of June, which means that being non-resident we're expected to pay the first terms fees by then. Which is likely to be before we know if we actually get acepted, do you have the same problem and if so how are you handling it ? just paying it now in the expectation that it'll all come through in time ?

It's just a problem due to the timing of the update letter in relation to the school enrollment. Any ideas ?

Best of luck with the rest of the process

Cheers
Old May 8th 2008, 8:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi, sorry to ambush the thread as this is a bit off topic, but I notice your kids
are heading to school in Ontario, we're aiming for the same with our daughter,
heading probably for Burlington and hopefully in September.

I don't know if it's the same where you're going, but we've noticed that the rolls need to be in place by the 15th of June, which means that being non-resident we're expected to pay the first terms fees by then. Which is likely to be before we know if we actually get acepted, do you have the same problem and if so how are you handling it ? just paying it now in the expectation that it'll all come through in time ?

It's just a problem due to the timing of the update letter in relation to the school enrollment. Any ideas ?

Best of luck with the rest of the process

Cheers
Hi atalink
You haven't ambushed the thread, just asking a question.....so don't worry. What fees? We are sending our kids to a normal public school and don't have to pay fees. Our friends kids are already there, and we will not enrol the boys until we get there. If you live in catchment it is my understanding that the school for that catchment area will take them either by incorporating them in the current classes or adding more classes and teachers to accommodate them. Unlike the schools here. We are not quite sure what school out of two we will send them to as it all depends on where we buy a house.

I think what you are talking about is when you are not PR, you would have to pay until you are PR as if it is private school, then i also think you need study permits, but I could be wrong. I do know that you have to buy certain items ie pens etc.

We have actually toured one of the schools and have all of the literature and there is no mention in relation to costs
Hope that this helps
lol
Stef and Lins

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.