Jan 2006 AOR. 60 day Letter

Old May 8th 2008, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

altalink will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Jan 2006 AOR. 60 day Letter

Hi again, thanks for the info, it may be different where your going, but we found some info from the Halton District School Board which suggests we need to pay as we are currently international, refer here "http://www.hdsb.ca/download.asp?sMenuKey=745&sMenuID=745&filename=Int lStudentsFAQS.pdf"

It's the 12th question which concerns us.

It may be that if we wait till we get there and just enrol then it won't be a problem, which sounds like what your doing, but we weren't sure we could guarantee a place in the right school.

Tried asking the question of the administrator for the admissions, but we're still waiting to get clarification.

We may be worrying about nothing, but don't want to get there and find we can't get her into the school in the area we're aiming to move to.

Anyway, thanks for the info

Cheers
Old May 8th 2008, 9:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by altalink
Hi again, thanks for the info, it may be different where your going, but we found some info from the Halton District School Board which suggests we need to pay as we are currently international, refer here "http://www.hdsb.ca/download.asp?sMenuKey=745&sMenuID=745&filename=Int lStudentsFAQS.pdf"

It's the 12th question which concerns us.

It may be that if we wait till we get there and just enrol then it won't be a problem, which sounds like what your doing, but we weren't sure we could guarantee a place in the right school.

Tried asking the question of the administrator for the admissions, but we're still waiting to get clarification.

We may be worrying about nothing, but don't want to get there and find we can't get her into the school in the area we're aiming to move to.

Anyway, thanks for the info

Cheers
No worries, but they will bus the kids if you live a distance to school, so it takes away that worry at least.
lol
Stef
Old May 9th 2008, 4:58 am
Forum Regular

Hi Again,

After your reply yesterday, we contacted the head of the school we're aimnig for and he's saying that we can contact them when we move into the area, there's no deadline we need to meet. Once we get there, contact them with the necessary paperwork and they'll sort it out. Good result ...

Thanks for the help, saved us a panic and a few thousand bucks ...

Cheers
Old May 9th 2008, 7:08 am
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Again,

After your reply yesterday, we contacted the head of the school we're aimnig for and he's saying that we can contact them when we move into the area, there's no deadline we need to meet. Once we get there, contact them with the necessary paperwork and they'll sort it out. Good result ...

Thanks for the help, saved us a panic and a few thousand bucks ...

Cheers
Hi

You are very welcome....anything that helps.......Good luck with that. When are you hoping to move?
lol
Stef and Lins
Old May 9th 2008, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

Soon as possible when we get the okay to go ... need to sell the house, but don't foresee any problems with that at the moment, currently organising pet passports for the dogs and cat ... like yourself, we're hoping to get our daughter into school at the start of the year over there ... but it'll be a rush ...

All the best

Old May 9th 2008, 9:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Soon as possible when we get the okay to go ... need to sell the house, but don't foresee any problems with that at the moment, currently organising pet passports for the dogs and cat ... like yourself, we're hoping to get our daughter into school at the start of the year over there ... but it'll be a rush ...

All the best

Hi
Why do you need pet passports? Are you planning to come back to UK to live? We are just taking ours and as long as she has a rabies jab and microchip and her vaccines are up to date, that is all we need.
lol
Stef and Lins
Old May 9th 2008, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

Yeah we realise we just need the vaccinations, they're already microchipped, but just in case there are any problems we're setting up to be able to bring them back at any time ... we reckoned it was as easy to set up the pet passport as just get the jabs so that's what we're doing.

We've no intention of coming back, but you never know how these things pan out, it's an extra hundred quid or so for the peace of mind ...

Cheers

Old May 9th 2008, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

wayne-Niki is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah we realise we just need the vaccinations, they're already microchipped, but just in case there are any problems we're setting up to be able to bring them back at any time ... we reckoned it was as easy to set up the pet passport as just get the jabs so that's what we're doing.

We've no intention of coming back, but you never know how these things pan out, it's an extra hundred quid or so for the peace of mind ...

Cheers

I keep getting notified everytime something is posted on this thread, the topic is a little of track now. I don’t want to be rude but how can I stop the notifications?
Old May 9th 2008, 12:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Arrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by wayne-Niki
I keep getting notified everytime something is posted on this thread, the topic is a little of track now. I don’t want to be rude but how can I stop the notifications?
go to my profile and there should be a bit that says threads subscribed to, just click on unsubscribe.

i have applied for PR through skilled worker in Feb 08, recieved a Job offer feb 08 applied for WP and recieved my 90 day letter
my WP has got mixed up with PR as i needed a medical for WP its all very confusing now
still waiting for WP as they wont verify my medical until recieved all documents for PR
Old May 9th 2008, 11:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi
I don't mean to be funny, but it is a bit rude. The whole point of this forum to to provide answers and help and support by being able to answer others questions. I began this thread, but it is not my property and I have no control over what people feel they need to know....and I will help or try to in any way I can. Yes unsubscribing is your prerogative. However please bear in mind that you may be in need of that help one day too and All of us are here to get as much information as we feel we need.
Good luck with you application
LOL
Stef and Lins
Old May 10th 2008, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

wayne-Niki is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lins and Stef McLachlan
Hi
I don't mean to be funny, but it is a bit rude. The whole point of this forum to to provide answers and help and support by being able to answer others questions. I began this thread, but it is not my property and I have no control over what people feel they need to know....and I will help or try to in any way I can. Yes unsubscribing is your prerogative. However please bear in mind that you may be in need of that help one day too and All of us are here to get as much information as we feel we need.
Good luck with you application
LOL
Stef and Lins
You are correct this forum is here to provide answers and help for eveyone. However in order to help people they need to know where the information is, so titling the thread "Jan 2006 AOR. 60 day Letter " then speaking about schools and pet passports those people will not necessarily find the information.

My comment was not intended to be rude but this was my way of helping others on the forum.

Look at the bigger picture!!!! (I wont go on about it anymore as I am going away from the original topic)

Good luck to you.
Old May 11th 2008, 8:46 am
BE Forum Addict

You are correct this forum is here to provide answers and help for eveyone. However in order to help people they need to know where the information is, so titling the thread "Jan 2006 AOR. 60 day Letter " then speaking about schools and pet passports those people will not necessarily find the information.

My comment was not intended to be rude but this was my way of helping others on the forum.

Look at the bigger picture!!!! (I wont go on about it anymore as I am going away from the original topic)

Good luck to you.
Hi
Yes being new to the forum you will not be familiar with the way things here tend to work. Just because you post as one thing does not prevent people from asking questions if they feel that by what you have said you may be able to answer a niggling question.

You need to realise that there are a lot of overlaps and grey areas, you just learn to go with the flow. You will also find that many people ask the same question as has been asked one way or another many times before. Maybe you thought this forum was one thing and maybe it is not living up to your expectations?

An original topic is what it always begins with but there are many twists and turns along the way on every thread, and you now know how to unsubscribe yourself from getting annoying prompts to have a look. However in doing that you just may also miss what you do want to know.

All the best
Lins and Stef
Old May 12th 2008, 11:30 pm
Forum Regular

andybeavan is an unknown quantity at this point

Applied under the skilled worker category in November 2006. Still heard nothing and feel totally dispirited. Does anyone have any idea how long it takes?
Old May 13th 2008, 12:30 am
BE Enthusiast

TheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by andybeavan
Applied under the skilled worker category in November 2006. Still heard nothing and feel totally dispirited. Does anyone have any idea how long it takes?
Our AOR is March '06, and we haven't heard anything yet either. Should give you some idea.
Old May 13th 2008, 12:35 am
BE Enthusiast

G586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andybeavan
Your AOR would give you an idea of when they would next contact you. Ours said 39 months (Jan 06) and so we were surprised when we had our update letter last month as we didn't expect to hear until sometime next year.

They were only recently doing 2005 people and some of those are just getting their visas now. Have a look at Trackitt to get an idea where things are if you need more information about how things are progressing or threads like this. The only other thing to do is get a job in Canada and then your application might get fast tracked by London. If you see on Trackitt people who got their visas quickly, that is why.

http://www.trackitt.com/canada-immig...illed-workers/

Last edited by G586; May 13th 2008 at 12:38 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.