IXP Visa represent worth it?

Old Dec 3rd 2014, 3:31 am
Just Joined

Chriscox1986 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IXP Visa represent worth it?

Hey everyone! I'm currently getting my spousal sponsorship application together, I have been dating a Canadian Citizen for just under 3 years, I am on my 2nd work holiday visa and it expires March '15.

We plan to get married at town hall in January and send my application away in Febuary.

I got my holiday visa through IXP and they were very good.

Should I get IXP to represent me again? They are charging $2700 for the whole package which includes checking the paperwork but doesn't include the embassy fees.

Is it simple enough to do te paperwork myself and get someone to check it before I send it away?

Any advice would be much appreciated

Chris
Old Dec 3rd 2014, 3:38 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IXP Visa represent worth it?

Nope. IXP visas don't have a great reputation (I actually thought they'd gone bust a couple of months ago?), under either IXP or their previous names (i.e. Global Visas), so if you really need to use a consultant then hire a reputable one.

I've no idea why you used them for an IEC application, which is about as simple as it gets, though, so perhaps you're not comfortable form filling and want somebody to do it for you? If so, then you can search the forum for recommendations, although the vast majority of people on here do their own applications.

HTH, good luck.
Old Dec 3rd 2014, 3:42 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Just Google and I didn't imagine it - Dreams left in ruins as visa firm collapses and boss makes out he's been wronged - Andrew Penman - Mirror Online

HTH.
Old Dec 3rd 2014, 3:44 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the quick reply I'm comfortable completing the forms, I just want someone who knows what they are doing to check over my paperwork to make sure it's correct, immigrating to Canada to be with my future wife is my main priority and I don't want to mess it up

So it's safe to complete the paperwork myself and send that way?

Thanks for the help

Chris
Old Dec 3rd 2014, 5:01 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chriscox1986
Thanks for the quick reply I'm comfortable completing the forms, I just want someone who knows what they are doing to check over my paperwork to make sure it's correct, immigrating to Canada to be with my future wife is my main priority and I don't want to mess it up

So it's safe to complete the paperwork myself and send that way?

Thanks for the help

Chris
It's mostly done online - the most critical part is when it opens, so make sure you have all the info you need to register.

You may find reading through the directions from last year useful for preparation.

Travel and Work in Canada | Application Step-by-Step Guide for the United Kingdom Ages 18-30 | International Experience Canada

Old Dec 3rd 2014, 6:53 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
It's mostly done online - the most critical part is when it opens, so make sure you have all the info you need to register.

You may find reading through the directions from last year useful for preparation.

Travel and Work in Canada | Application Step-by-Step Guide for the United Kingdom Ages 18-30 | International Experience Canada

I think the OP is going spousal, they've already done IEC
Old Dec 3rd 2014, 7:06 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly the spousal forms are pretty straight forward... between you both reading them over and asking questinos on here, you should be just fine.

When you do your read-through towards the end, do at least one read-through backwards. You'd be surprised how much you practically memorize the order of the answers, so doing a review back-to-front helps ensure you aren't auto-piloting anything.

You don't need to pay anyone to help you with it, you can certainly do it yourself. Just ask questions here and keep a calm head!

Good luck!
Old Dec 3rd 2014, 7:07 am
Just Joined

Thank you so much!!

Time to book my medical exam and my police certificates
Old Dec 3rd 2014, 6:08 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
I think the OP is going spousal, they've already done IEC

Oh dear, thanks Zoe - you are quite right!

Must have had a brain fart - or thinking about another poster, sigh.

Sorry OP