Ive used the search functions!

Old Jun 16th 2008, 2:53 pm
Just Joined

T35CHY is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ive used the search functions!

Hiya,

I have a conviction, the 5yrs since it happened is up 2010, when I can then apply for rehabilitation.

With current immigrations taking some 3 or 4 yrs, can I start the process now with my application for rehabilitation in with it, as my 5yrs would be spent by the time I would of been given pr status, or do I have to wait the full 5yrs then start the process?

Thanks
Old Jun 16th 2008, 3:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Doomed to be stuck in the West Midlands forever!!!!
Twink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to all
Default Re: Ive used the search functions!

Hi,

firstly welcome to BE.

Sorry, I don`t know the answer to your question, but I guess someone will be along shortly to help you.
While your waiting, try the wiki at the top of the page and search criminal rehabilitation/police reports-checks and see what it brings up..

Good luck with your application whether it be now or in 2 years time?

Mrs Twink
Old Jun 16th 2008, 5:06 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by T35CHY
I have a conviction, the 5yrs since it happened is up 2010, when I can then apply for rehabilitation.
Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) counts 5 years from the completion of your sentence. Here is their web page about Rehabilitation. See the table on page 6 of their Rehabilitation Guide, which outlines different rehabilitation periods for different offences.

With current immigrations taking some 3 or 4 yrs, can I start the process now with my application for rehabilitation in with it, as my 5yrs would be spent by the time I would of been given pr status, or do I have to wait the full 5yrs then start the process?
You have to complete the rehabilitation / pardon process before you submit a permanent residence application. See page 16 of the Application for Permanent Residence Guide.
x
Old Jun 18th 2008, 3:49 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the replies.

What we have decided to do is my wife applies now as principle applicant along with the kids, then in 18months I shall be "added" to the process with my rehabilitation application, may take a bit longer, but hopefully not 3 extra years from 2010, heres hoping anyway!
Old Jun 18th 2008, 4:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the replies.

What we have decided to do is my wife applies now as principle applicant along with the kids, then in 18months I shall be "added" to the process with my rehabilitation application, may take a bit longer, but hopefully not 3 extra years from 2010, heres hoping anyway!
That won't work, surely? Your wife would be lying about not being in a relationship with you...?

Or have I missed something...
Old Jun 18th 2008, 4:51 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
That won't work, surely? Your wife would be lying about not being in a relationship with you...?

Or have I missed something...
I don't think that you have missed, anything, the OP might explain how is wife is going to put her martial status in the application without mentioning the spouse?
Old Jun 18th 2008, 10:44 pm
Just Joined

Surely at time of application she is separated, with a "we could, for the kids reunite" kinda thing, so just bending the truth?
Old Jun 18th 2008, 11:18 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Surely at time of application she is separated, with a "we could, for the kids reunite" kinda thing, so just bending the truth?
Its called misrepresentation and usually results in a refusal.
Old Jun 18th 2008, 11:52 pm
Just Joined

Says who? aint what you know etc etc
Old Jun 19th 2008, 12:04 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Says who? aint what you know etc etc
I've just looked at your previous posts, and see that you were wanting to get into the long haul truck driving scene. I think a drunk driving conviction would be problematic on that score alone -- independent of the immigration implications.

I don't know what your wife's occupation is, but I hope it's one that is in demand in Canada because, when the new legislation is implemented they're likely to process applications from people with occupations in demand more quickly and toss out applications from people who are in occupations that are not in demand.

A third point is that, if the Canadian government authorities ever discover that you gained entry to the country fraudulently, they can strip you of permanent residence or citizenship and deport you.
x
Old Jun 19th 2008, 12:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Don't separated partners have to have a medical, etc, and be truthfully declared even if they're not accompanying - otherwise anyone with a health problem/other issue would be "separated" for the application and then suddenly together again afterwards to bypass restrictions. It's not going to work OP.
Old Jun 19th 2008, 12:15 pm
Just Joined

Yes she has a job thats in demand.

Just for the record we have decided to not be fraudulent, so I have packed my bags and moved in the back bedroom because the UK economy is bad, I cant afford to move out, so we've decided to pool our resources and house share like we did in our student days, so all above board, and in noway fraudulent, if she decides to carry on this Canada thing, I WILL NOT be going or trying to or even thinking about this pie-in-the-sky idea, bloody women!!

We anticipate we could get back together sometime in 2010.............................................. .......possibly

Thanks for all your help!