British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   I've got a new Police certificate anyway?? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/ive-got-new-police-certificate-anyway-923551/)

BritCanadaNewbie Mar 25th 2019 11:18 am

I've got a new Police certificate anyway??

Hi Folks,
Just finishing my Citizen app today. But stupidly i think I got a Police Certificate even though I don't think i needed one. So many forums offer different explanations, so I got one for the sake of it. So In 5 years from my date of application My dates back in Blighty are:
<snip>

I never spent more than 189 days away (at one time). But when totting up together its does make but more than 189 so I got a police certificate anyway?
So was a Police certificate needed? Will it do more harm than good if I submit with it?
Cheers,
B.

PMM Mar 25th 2019 5:00 pm

Re: I've got a new Police certificate anyway??

Hi

Originally Posted by BritCanadaNewbie (Post 12659968)
Hi Folks,
Just finishing my Citizen app today. But stupidly i think I got a Police Certificate even though I don't think i needed one. So many forums offer different explanations, so I got one for the sake of it. So In 5 years from my date of application My dates back in Blighty are:
<snip>

I never spent more than 189 days away (at one time). But when totting up together its does make but more than 189 so I got a police certificate anyway?
So was a Police certificate needed? Will it do more harm than good if I submit with it?
Cheers,
B.

1. Instructions are pretty straight forward

" In the past four (4) years, if you spent 183 days or more in a row (since the age of 18) in a country (other than Canada), you must provide a police certificate from each country. Indicate in the chart the name of each country and provide a police certificate. If you can’t get a police certificate, tell us why. The following examples may help you answer this question. "

2. You don't need a PCC

BritCanadaNewbie Mar 25th 2019 5:33 pm

If it’s that straight forward why do I have to 2 different answers ?
posted on this forum too :-
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-im...eed-to.618514/

1. Do I add the days Together To make sure they are not above 183 days ?
2. Is there any harm in posting a police certificate form if I have gone and got a new fresh one anyway ?

BritCanadaNewbie Mar 25th 2019 5:57 pm

Okay well i just phoned the CIC office. Yup I needed one. The operator, there's no harm if they ask you so you should submit it..

:fingerscrossed:

christmasoompa Mar 25th 2019 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by BritCanadaNewbie (Post 12660252)
Okay well i just phoned the CIC office. Yup I needed one. The operator, there's no harm if they ask you so you should submit it..

:fingerscrossed:

The CIC 'misinformation' line?!? Whatever they tell you it's likely to be the opposite. :lol:

But whatever the answer is, it's not going to harm including it so you may as well.

Good luck.

Siouxie Mar 26th 2019 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by BritCanadaNewbie (Post 12660228)
If it’s that straight forward why do I have to 2 different answers ?
posted on this forum too :-
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-im...eed-to.618514/

1. Do I add the days Together To make sure they are not above 183 days ?
2. Is there any harm in posting a police certificate form if I have gone and got a new fresh one anyway ?

Because that isn't an official website by the Government of Canada - it's a forum run by an Immigration Consultant Company and you were answered by somebody who didn't give you the whole answer from the official Govt website - which is what PMM has given you! There are examples given on the Govt. website right below the answer to 10b. :) No, you don't add the days together, it is 183 days in one trip.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...der.html#Step4

10 b. In the past four (4) years, if you spent 183 days or more in a row (since the age of 18) in a country (other than Canada), you must provide a police certificate from each country.

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 12660274)
The CIC 'misinformation' line?!? Whatever they tell you it's likely to be the opposite. :lol:
But whatever the answer is, it's not going to harm including it so you may as well.
Good luck.

+1!
:)

BritCanadaNewbie Mar 26th 2019 4:43 pm

So after shooting me down in flames again.. why don't you answer part 2?

Is it a problem to send the Police cert anyway? Should I recall? Will they reject it as it wasn't needed???

beckiwoo Mar 26th 2019 5:13 pm

That’s interesting that’s 183 dats in a row. I didn’t need one for citizenship so I didn’t give it much thought.

its funny how for PR it’s altogether with the 183 days - or at least that’s what I thought it was.

spouse of scouse Mar 26th 2019 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by BritCanadaNewbie (Post 12660912)
So after shooting me down in flames again.. why don't you answer part 2?

Is it a problem to send the Police cert anyway? Should I recall? Will they reject it as it wasn't needed???

:blink: What a rude person! You weren't 'shot down in flames', you were given information. You've been advised more than once that sending the police certificate won't do any harm.

For your question 'why don't you answer part 2?', not sure who you think you're talking to. This is a community of volunteers. If you want someone to bellow at perhaps you should pay an immigration professional, at least they'll be getting paid to put up with your rudeness!

Novocastrian Mar 26th 2019 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse (Post 12660933)
:blink: What a rude person! You weren't 'shot down in flames', you were given information. You've been advised more than once that sending the police certificate won't do any harm.

For your question 'why don't you answer part 2?', not sure who you think you're talking to. This is a community of volunteers. If you want someone to bellow at perhaps you should pay an immigration professional, at least they'll be getting paid to put up with your rudeness!

Flames! SoS is my favourite concierge.:thumbup:

BritCanadaNewbie Mar 26th 2019 5:33 pm

:blink: What a rude person! You weren't 'shot down in flames'..

Er yes I was . You have your opinion I have mine.

.. not sure who you think you're talking to.. !

Wow that some ego you got there. No need for that pls keep a lid on your one dimensional views and Don’t post on my threads again.

beckiwoo Mar 26th 2019 6:00 pm

+1.

The OP has started 6+ new threads on questions on their citizenship application and has received assistance with all of them!

BritCanadaNewbie Mar 26th 2019 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by beckiwoo (Post 12660957)

+1.

The OP has started 6+ new threads on questions on their citizenship application and has received assistance with all of them!

Recieved assistance? Er no it’s usually you in full keyboard warrior mode primed for thread bashing. So much kindergarten games of the Hens in here *sigh

christmasoompa Mar 26th 2019 6:25 pm

I think the OP has his answer now. Seems he's forgotten to thank those that gave him that answer, but thanks to all who took the time to respond and look up the required info for him.

As this thread has run its course, I'll close it now.