Wikiposts

It's Gone

Old Oct 12th 2004, 5:56 am
rsp

Default It's Gone

At last, after months of preperation etc I've sent my skilled worker application off (London office). YES i'm all excited and soon I know i'll come down with all the waiting. I'm hoping if all goes well to have a visa by Jan 2006. Does anyone thing I'm being over confident or is this a posibility.
I'm also going over on holiday in the summer. Am I allowed to look for a job and if so apply for a work permit or does this mess thing up?
Any feedback, (especially from London applicants) appreciated.

Old Oct 12th 2004, 7:41 am
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: It's Gone

Originally Posted by rsp
At last, after months of preperation etc I've sent my skilled worker application off (London office). YES i'm all excited and soon I know i'll come down with all the waiting. I'm hoping if all goes well to have a visa by Jan 2006. Does anyone thing I'm being over confident or is this a posibility.
I'm also going over on holiday in the summer. Am I allowed to look for a job and if so apply for a work permit or does this mess thing up?
Any feedback, (especially from London applicants) appreciated.
A lot can change over the course of a year but if processing continues at the rate it is going now and you don't have a tricky application then I wouldn't be surprised if your PR were to come through by about March/April 2006. January may be a little optimistic, but who knows, you may be extra lucky.....or they may have speeded things up by then.