Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

It's Finally Over! -- Buffalo Diary, The Final Chapter

It's Finally Over! -- Buffalo Diary, The Final Chapter

Old Apr 20th 2005, 4:51 am
Account Closed

guest210 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default It's Finally Over! -- Buffalo Diary, The Final Chapter

Hi Everyone,

After having my beaten-up passport returned, I obtained a new one within 11 days. Immediately thereafter, I flew to Buffalo from Vancouver on Monday night, slept at the youth hostel, and went to the the great: The Canadian Consulate in the HSBC Building in Buffalo.

The people at the consulate were really nice. A whole bunch of people of just about all nationalities were lined up at 8am. After we submitted our passports, many of us met each other wandering the streets of Buffalo looking at the art deco buildings of Buffalo's bygone glory days.

At 1:30, we lined up again, and got our visas. Within 30 minutes, I was in my rental car and over the Peace Bridge. The Canadian border guard was really nice, he asked me "Why did you decide to make the switch?" I told him "I think Canada is cool."

He asked me to go inside, and I showed them my paper work. Everyone was wearing a bullet-proof vest. They did not have the same sense of humour as the border guard, but they were efficient and polite. I was giggling with happiness the whole time. They said to me "Oh, looks like its 2:15 and you are the first one this Tuesday."

Now I am in Toronto with at my friend's house.

Good luck,

"Inspace"
Old Apr 20th 2005, 5:41 am
The ECA Godfather

MJ23 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: It's Finally Over! -- Buffalo Diary, The Final Chapter

Originally Posted by Inspace
Hi Everyone,

After having my beaten-up passport returned, I obtained a new one within 11 days. Immediately thereafter, I flew to Buffalo from Vancouver on Monday night, slept at the youth hostel, and went to the the great: The Canadian Consulate in the HSBC Building in Buffalo.

The people at the consulate were really nice. A whole bunch of people of just about all nationalities were lined up at 8am. After we submitted our passports, many of us met each other wandering the streets of Buffalo looking at the art deco buildings of Buffalo's bygone glory days.

At 1:30, we lined up again, and got our visas. Within 30 minutes, I was in my rental car and over the Peace Bridge. The Canadian border guard was really nice, he asked me "Why did you decide to make the switch?" I told him "I think Canada is cool."

He asked me to go inside, and I showed them my paper work. Everyone was wearing a bullet-proof vest. They did not have the same sense of humour as the border guard, but they were efficient and polite. I was giggling with happiness the whole time. They said to me "Oh, looks like its 2:15 and you are the first one this Tuesday."

Good luck,

"Inspace"

Congratulations man! Very happy to hear everything worked out for you
Old Apr 20th 2005, 10:12 am
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Everyone,

Good luck,

"Inspace"
great news Inspace....
good luck for ur future.
Old Apr 20th 2005, 2:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

i too am very happy for you..and yes Canada is cool!
Old Apr 20th 2005, 3:35 pm
Finally it happened

pattu has a spectacular aura aboutpattu has a spectacular aura aboutpattu has a spectacular aura about

Hi Everyone,

Good luck,

"Inspace"
Hey Creg:
Conrgatulations !!!