ITLP course University of Toronto

Old Jan 31st 2015, 9:47 pm
Just Joined
Thread Starter
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 3
sagor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ITLP course University of Toronto

Does anybody know whether the Internationally Trained Lawyers Program (ITLP) of University of Toronto is eligible course for Post Graduation Work Permit in Canada or not? Also Can I work while study this particular course?
this is a full time 1 year lengthy course.
this is not a degree or diploma but we will receive a certificate upon completion of the course.
Pls anybody help me with your practical experience or opinion.
The rules for PGWP as mentioned in CIC website are:

To obtain a work permit after your graduation, you must meet the following requirements:
  • You must have studied full time in Canada and you must have completed a program of study that lasted at least eight months.
  • In addition, you must have graduated from:
    • a public post-secondary institution, such as a college, trade/technical school, university or CEGEP (in Quebec), or
    • a private post-secondary institution that operates under the same rules and regulations as public institutions, or
    • a private secondary or post-secondary institution (in Quebec) offering qualifying programs of 900 hours or longer leading to a diplôme d’études professionnelles (DEP) or an attestation de spécialisation professionnelle (ASP), or
    • a Canadian private institution authorized by provincial statute to confer degrees but only if you are enrolled in one of the programs of study leading to a degree as authorized by the province and not in all programs of study offered by the private institution.
  • You must apply for a work permit within 90 days of receiving written confirmation (for example, a transcript or an official letter) from your institution indicating that you have met the requirements for completing your academic program.
  • You must have completed and passed the program of study and received a notification that you are eligible to obtain your degree, diploma or certificate.
  • You must have a valid study permit when you apply for the work permit.
sagor is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.