Issues linking account - GCKey

Old Nov 28th 2017, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

avjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Issues linking account - GCKey

Hi,

I have now tried 20 times to link account using various options from the dropdown. Followed the ''linking article'' from this forum, put in only the information that was required. Any ideas on what I can do next. I have the application number / UCI and nothing seems to work. I did report by email on the cic website but I don't really think I will get a reply from them anytime soon. When I ring they advised they could not help with the linking of the account and it should be straight forward.
Just thought someone here might have tired something weird or wonderful after having the same issues!
Thanks
Old Nov 30th 2017, 3:51 pm
Just Joined

Emily1987 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Issues linking account - GCKey

Having the exact same problem!

Originally Posted by avjoy
Hi,

I have now tried 20 times to link account using various options from the dropdown. Followed the ''linking article'' from this forum, put in only the information that was required. Any ideas on what I can do next. I have the application number / UCI and nothing seems to work. I did report by email on the cic website but I don't really think I will get a reply from them anytime soon. When I ring they advised they could not help with the linking of the account and it should be straight forward.
Just thought someone here might have tired something weird or wonderful after having the same issues!
Thanks

Last edited by Siouxie; Dec 1st 2017 at 7:31 am. Reason: Fixed the quote for you :)
Old Nov 30th 2017, 6:57 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

I assume you have both read this section of the FAQ: Spousal Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ - New Application Forms : British Expat Wiki ??
Old Dec 1st 2017, 2:43 am
Just Joined

Emily1987 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes thak you. Will just keep trying!
Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
I assume you have both read this section of the FAQ: Spousal Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ - New Application Forms : British Expat Wiki ??

Last edited by Siouxie; Dec 1st 2017 at 7:30 am. Reason: Fixed the quote for you :)
Old Dec 1st 2017, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

GermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond repute

I had a huge amount of trouble with linking my account to my profile, but got it sorted after around 3 months.

The reason for the issue was that I was entering the incorrect information in two fields:

1. Under given name, I only entered the first name. The system was looking for the first and middle name of the primary applicant.

2. Under 'Country of Issue', I forget what I selected, but I needed to select GBS (UK - British Subject). I was selecting something more obvious.

I solved it by raising a case specific enquiry with CIC and sending them screen shots of the data I was entering. They finally provided the answers above (after several case specific queries, each with a 10 day turnaround time) and by using this info, the account linked straight away.

It was a very painful and frustrating experience but we got there in the end.

I hope this helps.

Good luck.
Old Dec 1st 2017, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

avjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Hi, yes numerous times and followed each point. Still no success in linking
Old Dec 1st 2017, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by GermanytoCanada
I had a huge amount of trouble with linking my account to my profile, but got it sorted after around 3 months.

The reason for the issue was that I was entering the incorrect information in two fields:

1. Under given name, I only entered the first name. The system was looking for the first and middle name of the primary applicant.

2. Under 'Country of Issue', I forget what I selected, but I needed to select GBS (UK - British Subject). I was selecting something more obvious.

I solved it by raising a case specific enquiry with CIC and sending them screen shots of the data I was entering. They finally provided the answers above (after several case specific queries, each with a 10 day turnaround time) and by using this info, the account linked straight away.

It was a very painful and frustrating experience but we got there in the end.

I hope this helps.

Good luck.
Thank you for this.
I will see if I get a response and continue with my 4 (yes I am one of the few that don't get the 5 chances) in each 24 hours! :-)
Old Dec 1st 2017, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

Thank you for this.
I will see if I get a response and continue with my 4 (yes I am one of the few that don't get the 5 chances) in each 24 hours! :-)
I also did raise my query showing print screen of each section and what I was entering in each. The fact they responded to you with the correct information gives me hope that I might be able to link, eventually!
Old Dec 1st 2017, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

GermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond repute

I also did raise my query showing print screen of each section and what I was entering in each. The fact they responded to you with the correct information gives me hope that I might be able to link, eventually!
I did send screen shots on a few occasions and only after I got a little annoyed did they actually bother to check the data and provide an answer.
Old Dec 4th 2017, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by GermanytoCanada
I did send screen shots on a few occasions and only after I got a little annoyed did they actually bother to check the data and provide an answer.
I was finally able to link the account on Saturday once I waited another 24 hours for it to be unlocked.

They responded to my case specific query late Friday (I had detailed every single bit of information I was typing in). They reverted with a ''this does not match our system'', for my family name (even though I was inputting it as it was on my application).
The next day I typed the same information I had been for the previous 20+ times and it worked (I can only guess that they had mis-spelled something on the system but it is now linked!) :-)

Originally Posted by Emily1987
Having the exact same problem!
Hi, hope you got it linked, just incase you didn't I finally had succes per my message below:

I was finally able to link the account on Saturday once I waited another 24 hours for it to be unlocked.

They responded to my case specific query late Friday (I had detailed every single bit of information I was typing in). They reverted with a ''this does not match our system'', for my family name (even though I was inputting it as it was on my application).
The next day I typed the same information I had been for the previous 20+ times and it worked (I can only guess that they had mis-spelled something on the system but it is now linked!) :-)

Last edited by Siouxie; Dec 4th 2017 at 2:55 pm. Reason: Merged :)