Irish couple moving to Canada

Old Mar 16th 2010, 4:08 pm
Just Joined

irish andy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Irish couple moving to Canada

Hi guys,
Firstly just want to say that the forums are great and have found your knowledge very helpfull. Myself and my fiance are planning to move to Vancouver in a year or so. We have been there couple of times on holiday and love the place. We are both 29 living in Ireland, I am applying as a skilled worker having worked as an electrician for 10 years, however i am having some problems with filling out visa forms. My first question is proof of experience and how do i prove my years of experience, do i have to include references, p60s, qualification certs etc along with my application to prove this? My second question is regarding my fiance who i am including on my application. I have been living with her for 3 years and have bills and bank statements in both our names to back this up.Do i need any other proof or is this sufficient, and should i also include these documents in our application?We are not applying through an agent, any info you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a mill, Andy.
Old Apr 19th 2010, 8:49 am
Just Joined

kerbdog123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Irish couple moving to Canada

hi andy,

myself and my girlfriend are thinking of doing the same thing, i was just wondering did you guys know of an area in van that would have cheap enough rent but not to far away from everything and also do you think it would be hard to find work as a chippe out their?
hope im not being to intrusive but ive tried getting info on other forums and got no replies so any info would be a big help.

regards,
kieran.
Old Apr 19th 2010, 9:36 am
Just Joined

Irish-Jembow is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by irish andy
Hi guys,
Firstly just want to say that the forums are great and have found your knowledge very helpfull. Myself and my fiance are planning to move to Vancouver in a year or so. We have been there couple of times on holiday and love the place. We are both 29 living in Ireland, I am applying as a skilled worker having worked as an electrician for 10 years, however i am having some problems with filling out visa forms. My first question is proof of experience and how do i prove my years of experience, do i have to include references, p60s, qualification certs etc along with my application to prove this? My second question is regarding my fiance who i am including on my application. I have been living with her for 3 years and have bills and bank statements in both our names to back this up.Do i need any other proof or is this sufficient, and should i also include these documents in our application?We are not applying through an agent, any info you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a mill, Andy.
Andy,
We just went through the same process. Just got our Visa's. It was along haul. References from employers will do the trick for proving your experience and copies of qualifications. You can never have too many pieces of paper. I included payslips, pension info with the references.

Can't help with your other questions. We are married already with three kids.

Good luck with it

J.
Old Apr 19th 2010, 2:39 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Unless yours is a same sex relationship (no offence meant either way), you may want to get the gender correct, Fiancé = Male, Fiancée = Female
Old Apr 19th 2010, 4:47 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kerbdog123
myself and my girlfriend are thinking of doing the same thing, i was just wondering did you guys know of an area in van that would have cheap enough rent but not to far away from everything
Try looking in an area called the West End. It is between the main business district and Stanley Park. The rental places tend to be older buildings (at least by Vancouver standards) but it is a great neighborhood within walking distance of the beaches, cheap and colorful restaurants, and the entertainment district. $1,100 to $1,200 a month for a reasonable sized unfurnished apartment.
Old Apr 19th 2010, 6:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

raymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to all

West End is a really nice neighborhood and within walking distance to everything you would need. If your job is in downtown, you can walk to it, would probbaly take you no more than 20 minutes. Stanley Park, round the corner. Safeway and couple of other grocery stores close by.

Ray