Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

IRCC Web Form response times/Biometrics Issue

IRCC Web Form response times/Biometrics Issue

Old Aug 11th 2020, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

synaesthesia has a reputation beyond reputesynaesthesia has a reputation beyond reputesynaesthesia has a reputation beyond reputesynaesthesia has a reputation beyond reputesynaesthesia has a reputation beyond reputesynaesthesia has a reputation beyond reputesynaesthesia has a reputation beyond reputesynaesthesia has a reputation beyond reputesynaesthesia has a reputation beyond reputesynaesthesia has a reputation beyond reputesynaesthesia has a reputation beyond repute
Default IRCC Web Form response times/Biometrics Issue

Hi everyone,

We submitted biometrics for a work permit on the 28th at the London VAC. It showed up on my profile nearly straight away but not my partner's (he's applying with me as a common-law partner for an open permit - mine is tied to a job). So for me it's just showing 'Submitted' and my biometrics information is on my application but for him it still says 'Your action is required' with no biometrics information and still showing 'we need your fingerprints' etc. I put in a web form enquiry a week and a half ago and still haven't heard back. I have also contacted the VAC who just told me to contact IRCC.

I realise that response times are going to be longer at the moment given... everything... but does anyone have experience of how long these are at the moment? The wait is really putting me on edge. I'm really hoping posting this is like lighting a cigarette while waiting for a bus or going to the loo while waiting for your food at a restraurant and I'll get a response in a minute. But knowing my luck probably not...

Alternatively has anyone had this same biometrics issue and knows what it could be? I figured (optimistically) that because we are applying together that maybe his biometrics are tied up with mine somehow. After a lot of googling I did find some people who said IRCC confirmed they had their biometrics even when it wasn't showing on the website but their circumstances seemed a bit different.

Thanks!
Old Aug 11th 2020, 4:19 pm
Just Joined

TomScott50 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IRCC Web Form response times/Biometrics Issue

I submitted my Biometrics last week at the London VAC too, they showed up straight away for me on my profile. I've also just had my letter confirming that my application to work has been approved, I applied on the 25th of July so was a pretty quick turnaround for me.

Sorry I can't be more helpful, but it could be useful information for you?
Old Aug 11th 2020, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

synaesthesia has a reputation beyond reputesynaesthesia has a reputation beyond reputesynaesthesia has a reputation beyond reputesynaesthesia has a reputation beyond reputesynaesthesia has a reputation beyond reputesynaesthesia has a reputation beyond reputesynaesthesia has a reputation beyond reputesynaesthesia has a reputation beyond reputesynaesthesia has a reputation beyond reputesynaesthesia has a reputation beyond reputesynaesthesia has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, good to know. Guessing that means they haven't got my partner's biometrics and presumably that's what's delaying our permits...
Old Aug 13th 2020, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

Hey everyone,

Sorry for the double post but thought it best to update this thread in case anyone else was wondering about response times at the moment. Heard back today which would be around two weeks from when I submitted the web form.

Our biometrics are fine as it happens. No idea what was wrong, they just confirmed they had both our biometrics and my partner's application was updated to 'submitted'. Presumably some kind of bug and someone just needed to push a button to fix it. Ah well stress over. Hopefully the work permit applications will progress soon!