Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

IRCC Newcomer Survey Email - Is this a Scam?

IRCC Newcomer Survey Email - Is this a Scam?

Old Aug 28th 2019, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

jaminsk1 will become famous soon enough
Default IRCC Newcomer Survey Email - Is this a Scam?

Hi

I have received a couple of emails that are correctly addressed to my correct full name asking me to participate in a newcomer survey for the IRCC on my settlement experiences in Canada. Email title is IRCC Newcomer Survey N. The website link is to voxco.com which is a survey website.

It went to an account that receives a lot of spam so I wanted to check if anyone else has received anything similar and whether it is legit or not?

Apologies if this has been asked before - I did a search and nothing came up.

thanks
Old Aug 28th 2019, 4:06 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IRCC Newcomer Survey Email - Is this a Scam?

Looks legit https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...newcomers.html
Old Aug 28th 2019, 4:35 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I have reported it as spam. I thought Immigration was the same as tax and bank peeps...if they want to contact you they will do so by snail mail...and not by email or phone.

Someone from Capital One (Costco card) phoned and asked for some personal details. I called the number on the back of my card, as it turned out it was legit, but I immediately told them to close the account. I don’t wish to be associated with a company that do biz like that.

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Looks legit but it was quicker to report it as spam. Serves them right.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Aug 28th 2019 at 4:39 pm. Reason: Add another post
Old Aug 28th 2019, 5:27 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jaminsk1
Hi

I have received a couple of emails that are correctly addressed to my correct full name asking me to participate in a newcomer survey for the IRCC on my settlement experiences in Canada. Email title is IRCC Newcomer Survey N. The website link is to voxco.com which is a survey website.

It went to an account that receives a lot of spam so I wanted to check if anyone else has received anything similar and whether it is legit or not?

Apologies if this has been asked before - I did a search and nothing came up.

thanks
I’ve had these before. I got rid of them but they are legitimate.

Old Aug 28th 2019, 5:41 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I have reported it as spam. I thought Immigration was the same as tax and bank peeps...if they want to contact you they will do so by snail mail...and not by email or phone.

Someone from Capital One (Costco card) phoned and asked for some personal details. I called the number on the back of my card, as it turned out it was legit, but I immediately told them to close the account. I don’t wish to be associated with a company that do biz like that.

Looks legit but it was quicker to report it as spam. Serves them right.
Depends. Certainly over here in Aus everything from Immigration comes by email and phone now. Trying to get a bit of paper out of them is nigh on impossible!
Old Aug 29th 2019, 3:51 pm
Just Joined

Tabindi is an unknown quantity at this point

I have had these repeatedly over the last 3.5 years we’ve been here. I just delete them
all!