Wikiposts

IQAS AS level assessment

Old May 13th 2014, 11:47 pm
Just Joined

land is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IQAS AS level assessment

Sorry if this has been posted before but has anyone had their AS level chemistry or physics assessed by IQAS? What did it translate to? Chemistry (or physics) 20 or 30?

It's really only the AS level I'm trying to find out about as I'm sure A level sciences and maths are assessed as Chem/Phys/Maths 30 (not 20).

Here: http://work.alberta.ca/documents/uk-...-templates.pdf on page 16 it says A or AS level is equivalent to 30 level science courses but to put my mind at rest I wondered if anyone on here has had their own AS levels assessed?

Before you ask, I don't have the AS levels so I can't send them to IQAS to be assessed!

Thank you for your patience, if there's a good thread to link me to on here I would be very grateful.
Old May 14th 2014, 1:31 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IQAS AS level assessment

Hi, and welcome to BE.

What are you looking to get it assessed for? Generally, AS/A levels are deemed to be part of secondary education, for example by CIC for education points for FSW apps.

But if you can clarify what you are looking to use the assessment for, then hopefully somebody can help.
Old May 14th 2014, 4:49 am
Just Joined

land is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IQAS AS level assessment

I applied to study an Instrumentation Engineering Diploma in NAIT (Edmonton, Alberta) and sent my UK qualifications to them for assessment.

I have a Civil Engineering Degree although I didn't study any science A-levels (I was accepted on the degree course because I had taken Maths with the mechanics option at A level).

NAIT have assessed my qualifications and say that I need academic qualifications in physics and chemistry. They recommend physics 30 and chemistry 30 as it's a competitive course (physics 20 and chemistry 20 might not be enough).

So, I'll have to study to get formal qualifications in this country that will correspond to physics 30 and chemistry 30 in Canada.

My question is does AS chemistry or physics get assessed by IQAS as chemistry (or physics) 30 or is it only the full A-level that would be assessed as chemistry 30?

As I mentioned in my first post:

"http://work.alberta.ca/documents/uk-detailed-credential-templates.pdf on page 16 it says A or AS level is equivalent to 30 level science courses"

but I really would not be happy if I just did the AS, only to find out it's assessed as (say) chemistry 20 in Canada!

I hope that makes sense! Ideally I'd like to hear from someone that's sent an AS chemistry or physics qualification to IQAS and hear what it has been assessed as.

Thank you!