Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Inviting wife if I am on Work Visa

Wikiposts

Inviting wife if I am on Work Visa

Old Jan 23rd 2007, 3:08 am
Just Joined

anujmiglani is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Inviting wife if I am on Work Visa

I am presently in Canada on Work Visa, recently got married outside Canada and would like to invite my wife to come and join and live with me in Canada till my work visa is valid. Please suggest me if anyone has idea has to which category she should be applying and also what documents she need to sumit along the application, as we applied under visitor visa and her visa was refused. Please suggest me if anyone has any idea to which category and what documents should we submit to CIC. You can also email me at: [email protected] Thanks a lot for your kind help in this matter
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 3:38 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Inviting wife if I am on Work Visa

Hi

Originally Posted by anujmiglani
I am presently in Canada on Work Visa, recently got married outside Canada and would like to invite my wife to come and join and live with me in Canada till my work visa is valid. Please suggest me if anyone has idea has to which category she should be applying and also what documents she need to sumit along the application, as we applied under visitor visa and her visa was refused. Please suggest me if anyone has any idea to which category and what documents should we submit to CIC. You can also email me at: [email protected] Thanks a lot for your kind help in this matter
1. If she is from a non-visa exempt country, then she needs a TRV (visitor visa), but if she has already been refused, then you should find out the reason for the refusal and attempt to overcome it. As to the documents required you should read the requirements of that visa office. She will need a copy of your work permit as well. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/offices/index.html