invitation letter...

Old Jul 31st 2004, 7:55 pm
Just Joined

mavs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default invitation letter...

hello experts,

i am planning to apply a tourist visa but one of the requirements i read was an invitation letter from a family i am going to visit, which in my case is my husband. my question is can my hubby just e-mail me the letter or does it have to be courier? same thing with the proof of my hubby's citizenship, self-employment letter & other financial supporting docs to prove that he can afford to support my visit, can it all be just scanned & e-mailed? thanks for your replies in advance...more power!!!
Old Aug 1st 2004, 4:44 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: invitation letter...

Hi Mavs

Originally posted by mavs
hello experts,

i am planning to apply a tourist visa but one of the requirements i read was an invitation letter from a family i am going to visit, which in my case is my husband. my question is can my hubby just e-mail me the letter or does it have to be courier? same thing with the proof of my hubby's citizenship, self-employment letter & other financial supporting docs to prove that he can afford to support my visit, can it all be just scanned & e-mailed? thanks for your replies in advance...more power!!!
It is better to have the copies of the information in the original format. Has your husband sponsored you yet. I would think that that is going to be difficult to get a visitor visa, to visit your spouse even if there has been a sponsorship.

PMM
Old Mar 6th 2005, 2:03 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi Mavs

It is better to have the copies of the information in the original format. Has your husband sponsored you yet. I would think that that is going to be difficult to get a visitor visa, to visit your spouse even if there has been a sponsorship.

PMM
Hi PMM,

thanks for the reply, i really appreciate it. nope, my husband hasn't sponsored me yet because we are not ready to live in canada yet. and as we've heard, if you applied for sponsorship and get approved, you are given only 6 months to use it, if you can't then your visa is forfeited. is that right? unless the rules changed, then we would start applying for the sponsorship.
Old Mar 7th 2005, 4:50 am
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mavs
Hi PMM,

thanks for the reply, i really appreciate it. nope, my husband hasn't sponsored me yet because we are not ready to live in canada yet. and as we've heard, if you applied for sponsorship and get approved, you are given only 6 months to use it, if you can't then your visa is forfeited. is that right? unless the rules changed, then we would start applying for the sponsorship.
i would suggest that u get all the documents in originals!! scanning and e-mailing arent good enough!
i also doubt that u will get the visitor's visa easily! in case of spouses, the visa posts prefer that the spouse should be sponsored fr an immigrant visa, before any other visa can be issued! u can try ur luck, but it would be difficult!
best of luck fr it anyways
Old Mar 7th 2005, 5:44 am
Forum Regular

Henok3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by amancharan
i would suggest that u get all the documents in originals!! scanning and e-mailing arent good enough!
i also doubt that u will get the visitor's visa easily! in case of spouses, the visa posts prefer that the spouse should be sponsored fr an immigrant visa, before any other visa can be issued! u can try ur luck, but it would be difficult!

Only regarding the invitation letter. I have once used a scanned and emailed letter. Even the proof residence(PR card) was scanned and emailed to me. No problems at all.
Old Apr 14th 2005, 3:02 pm
Just Joined

Hi there, thanks again for the reply. I did apply for visitors visa and I got a 3yr multiple visa. I guess that's good enough, aye?

Thanks again!

Originally Posted by amancharan