Investor visa experience?

Old Nov 25th 2011, 6:00 pm
Blonde, but not really.

Joolschweetie is a jewel in the roughJoolschweetie is a jewel in the roughJoolschweetie is a jewel in the roughJoolschweetie is a jewel in the rough
Default Investor visa experience?

I've recently moved out here on a spousal visa but my Aunt & Uncle have been looking for a few years now for a way to move out to Canada in the next few years, particularly as we are now here and they want to be closer to us.

They've looked at other options but every one seems to fall short - not enough points for the skilled worker, obv family sponsorship is out (not my only living relatives), no PNP in ON etc. They're looking to retire here really rather than work as they're mid/late-50s. Seasonal residency could be a way but seems rather risky and far from ideal for them.

I know the net worth required for the investor visa has now gone up considerably but it may be a possibility for them. Just wondering if anyone on here has gone this route since the changes came into effect? If so, how long has it taken and how difficult was it?
Old Nov 25th 2011, 6:29 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Investor visa experience?

For now there is a hold on this category while they consider new rules. No new cases are being accepted in the meantime.
Old Nov 26th 2011, 12:35 am
Blonde, but not really.

Joolschweetie is a jewel in the roughJoolschweetie is a jewel in the roughJoolschweetie is a jewel in the roughJoolschweetie is a jewel in the rough

Thank you for your reply, I knew the cap had been reached for 2011 but I didn't know this type of visa was on hold totally.

Am hoping this doesn't mean the investment goes up further, $800,000 was already pretty steep.
Old Jan 4th 2012, 8:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Joolschweetie
I've recently moved out here on a spousal visa but my Aunt & Uncle have been looking for a few years now for a way to move out to Canada in the next few years, particularly as we are now here and they want to be closer to us.

They've looked at other options but every one seems to fall short - not enough points for the skilled worker, obv family sponsorship is out (not my only living relatives), no PNP in ON etc. They're looking to retire here really rather than work as they're mid/late-50s. Seasonal residency could be a way but seems rather risky and far from ideal for them.

I know the net worth required for the investor visa has now gone up considerably but it may be a possibility for them. Just wondering if anyone on here has gone this route since the changes came into effect? If so, how long has it taken and how difficult was it?
We applied for this visa when the investment was $400,000. That was lodged in 2009 and we have not heard anything since.

Even getting information has been difficult, conflicting advice, eg old applications will be processed, to severe limits imposed and not likely to be processed for ..... who knows??

So from this thread can we gather that even these applications are on hold as well ??

Just been over to canada and the USA, both only issued us with a 3 month stay, so not sure how the seasonal residency would pan out

One observation while over, canada is not cheap anymore, from australia it used to be super cheap, and a few friends and rellies had lost their jobs.

However USA was super cheap, quite ridiculous compared to OZ, we visited 9 states, totally off the tourist trail, the most polite helpful and friendly people ever, but with some very weird moments in the southern states, like the obsession with the civil war and hunting
Old Jan 4th 2012, 8:40 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

New applications are not being accepted but old ones are in process as far as I know, just a 1000 per year. Perhaps PMM has further knowledge.
Old Jan 4th 2012, 10:39 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
New applications are not being accepted but old ones are in process as far as I know, just a 1000 per year. Perhaps PMM has further knowledge.
London from Oct/10 to Oct/11 32 months for 80% of the applications London, 1700 visa issued world wide.