investor class immigration

Old Oct 28th 2008, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

beaujolais is an unknown quantity at this point
Default investor class immigration

Hi, Has anyone gone down the investor route? Does anyone know anything about Canadian Relocation Solutions?

Last edited by beaujolais; Oct 28th 2008 at 1:28 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Oct 28th 2008, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

RayS is on a distinguished road
Default Re: investor class immigration

Originally Posted by beaujolais
Hi, Has anyone gone down the investor route? Does anyone know anything about Canadian Relocation Solutions?
Hi Beaujolais
Yep, I went down the Investor route and we received our PR visas a couple of weeks ago.
You may be aware that this route currently requires you to "loan" the Canadian Govt $400,000 for five years, interest free. You can of course either use your own money or borrow it from an approved Canadian Bank by upfronting the interest - roughly £55,000!
We applied initially in Nov 2006 with the short form application and eventually heard from CHC London in July 2007 - they wanted a full application with details of education, work experience & responsibilities & financial assets available. This is quite a detailed and complicated set of forms and information and we used an excellent Consultant to help and guide us through it - Andrew Miller who frequently posts here.
The forms were submitted in Autumn 2007 and we received requests for medicals in Dec 2007 to be taken within 3 months i.e. by end Feb 2008.
For various personal reasons we didn't take the meds until June 2008, the loan was made in Sept 2008 and so here we are now with the PR visas.
We plan to "land" and exchange the PR visas for PR cards in BC in April 2009 but wont be moving over to Canada until later that year.
I'm afraid I dont know anything about Canadian Relocation Solutions!
I hope that has answered your queries if not, ask away on this site or by PM
Cheers
Ray

Last edited by RayS; Oct 28th 2008 at 8:26 pm. Reason: spelling!