Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Investment/ntrepreneur visa questions

Wikiposts

Investment/ntrepreneur visa questions

Old May 13th 2011, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

shining light is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Investment/ntrepreneur visa questions

Does the Canadian Entrepreneur Via operate similar to the USA version?

I understand an investment of CAN $300.000 is required, is his held in a Bank acct like the Investor visa or can it be used to buy a business?

If the latter, do you actually have to spend the full amount on a business or can it be used to buy and expand?

How rigid is the "have experience in the same type of business you buy" requirement?

and

the "have run a business in the past 5 years."

I did start and run my own business for 12 years but sold it about 9 years ago and have little documentation relating to it now. Does this mean I would have no chance of obtaining this sort of visa?

Thanks
Old May 13th 2011, 10:32 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Investment/ntrepreneur visa questions

Hi

Originally Posted by shining light
Does the Canadian Entrepreneur Via operate similar to the USA version?

I understand an investment of CAN $300.000 is required, is his held in a Bank acct like the Investor visa or can it be used to buy a business?

If the latter, do you actually have to spend the full amount on a business or can it be used to buy and expand?

How rigid is the "have experience in the same type of business you buy" requirement?

and

the "have run a business in the past 5 years."

I did start and run my own business for 12 years but sold it about 9 years ago and have little documentation relating to it now. Does this mean I would have no chance of obtaining this sort of visa?

Thanks
1. No, you need a net worth of $300K
2. Very rigid.
3. No chance see: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra.../apply-who.asp