Wikiposts

Intra Company Transfer TWP

Old Aug 6th 2010, 8:14 am
Just Joined

alanmagrowski is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Intra Company Transfer TWP

Hi

I am currnetly working as a General Manager for a Canadian Company based in Toronto. I came here on a Intra Company Transfer on a 2 year Work Permit from our UK subsidary. Will it be easy to extend my stay here in Canada for a further 3 years when my work Permit expires in 2011? Also, how near to the expiry should I apply?.... Also, does this have to be done back at Pearson Airport, or is there Immigration offices in Toronto?

Eventuall I would like to take up permanant residency.

Thanks

Alan

Last edited by alanmagrowski; Aug 6th 2010 at 8:17 am.
Old Aug 6th 2010, 8:26 am
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Intra Company Transfer TWP

The extension can be filed electronically online via the CIC website - just need a scanner to be able to provide the necessary documents. You need to check the CIC website close to the time that it's due for renewal and judge accordingly - current lead time is around 2 months I believe.

You should also get that PR app rolling asap since all the time you are on a TWP you are at risk of being let go and losing your status. As a general manager you probably wouldn't get PR without the backing of a job offer - so I'd get it moving pronto!