Wikiposts

Intra Company Transfer to Canada

Old Apr 29th 2021, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

Tabularasa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Intra Company Transfer to Canada

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post.

I am on the verge of getting a new role with my company in Ontario and they will be applying for my visa for me using external counsel they regularly use for worldwide immigration issues. They are belt and braces and will not authorise my family and me to travel until everything is sorted which creates a level of assurance for us.

They will be getting me a temporary work visa but the role is permanent and our intention is to emigrate to Canada permanently.

I have three questions:

Based on the fact I may be able to get 409 points on the CRS, is there any chance of going on PR straight away?

Would the counsel increase my chances of PR using this route or will I go into the normal pool for ITA?

If I do get the temporary work visa, does my wife automatically get an open work permit or is it more complicated?

Thanks!
Old Apr 30th 2021, 12:32 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Intra Company Transfer to Canada

Hi, welcome to BE.

409 is unfortunately a way off the minimum points requirement for a FSW application (about 460 is currently required). But you may as well enter the pool anyway just in case the threshold drops, and then once you've been working in Canada for a year you'll get more points.

Using a lawyer makes no difference, no.

Yes, your wife will get a spousal open work permit, assuming that your job is classed as 'skilled' (I assume it must be, if you qualify for an ICT work permit).

This Wiki article may be useful reading - https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Intra...ransfer-Canada

HTH and best of luck.
Old May 1st 2021, 3:42 am
Forum Regular

Tabularasa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Intra Company Transfer to Canada

That’s great. Thanks for the response! It looks like I may just have to wait until I get 12 months under my belt in Canada to apply for PR.