Intra company

Old Dec 1st 2016, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

Victoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Intra company

Originally Posted by Shirtback
Yes. Quite. Some of us have done this (or similar) too & are not unsympathetic.
Everyone in here is overly helpful. It's always appreciated!!
Old Dec 1st 2016, 6:24 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Engineer_abroad
Not necessary true with the recent changes to the system

A valid job offer has to be:
•made by one employer
•for continuous, paid, full-time work (at least 30 hours a week),
•for work that is: ◦for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
◦not seasonal
◦not on a contract basis, and

•in a job that is Skill Type 0, or Skill Levels A or B of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC)

and

c.you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:
•are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
•have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer and
•have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa.

Oooh, very good point, I'd completely forgotten about that new change. Sorry OP!

But it doesn't change my opinion that personally, I wouldn't recommend that route for a one man (woman) band. I think it would be far more stressful, and long winded, to try and get a TWP that way if there are sponsoring employers prepared to try and get a LMIA for her.

Although I should caveat that with saying that Victoria34, just checking that you're aware that you can't work for anybody else other than the company that will be named on your TWP? That would include your own business if you're earning in Canada and in the Canadian marketplace. So if the business can't take a break until you get PR, then you might want to pursue the ICT TWP rather than a normal one, even with the extra time it will take etc.

Victoria, you might well only be given a year on entry to Canada anyway - 2-3 is about the norm but 1 is possible, so you'd need to be prepared for that, and happy to proceed on that basis.
Old Dec 1st 2016, 6:38 am
Forum Regular

Victoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks CO. I think it looks too risky and as you say stressful. i will keep the UK business running with someone doing it for me and then look at options at a much later date to combine with a Canadian company which has very high possibilities at the moment but I think I just want to keep the move as simplified as possible for now. We need to understand the legalities behind this. Thanks again everyone