Interview Questions

Old May 19th 2005, 12:28 pm
Just Joined

Lebanese is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Interview Questions

HEY GUYS IM REALLY NERVOUS... I GOT CALLED FOR AN INTERVIEW ABOUT MY CANADIAN MARRIAGE APPLICATION... WHICH IS ON JUNE 2nd

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE PLEASE... GIVE ME A LIST OF QUESTIONS THEY MIGHT ASK ME OR ASK MY WIFE... JUST SO WE STUDY THE WHOLE PROCEDURE... WE REALLY APPRECIATE IT... SOME MIGHT SAY WE DONT NEED TO BE NERVOUS OR IN A PANIC STATE... SOME MIGHT SAY THEYVE BEEN IN THE SAME SITUATION...

BUT WE REALLY NEED HELP... SO PLEASE CAN ANYONE GIVE US SOMETHIN... A LIST A LINK or ANYTHING WHICH IS RELATED TO IT... WE WANNA KNOW THE TYPE OF QUESTIONS ASKED ... OR AN IDEA OF WHAT THEY ASK... I HEAR SOME QUESTIONS COULD BE TRICKY... SO PLEASE HELP US... THANK YOU IN ADVANCE... THIS IS ME AND MY WIFES LIFE TOGETHER

AND IF SOMEONE WENT TRHOUGH THIS CAN THEY PM ME OR TELL ME WHAT THEY WENT THRU THANK YOU SO MUCH
Old May 19th 2005, 12:36 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Interview Questions

I know that you are nervous, but PLEASE DEPRESS THAT CAPS LOCK KEY!!!!

There is no such thing as list of questions - each case is unique and interviewer wil ask questions he or she coulnd't get conclusive answers for from the application package. So, nobody can really tell you what you will be asked - but remember that interviews in spousal sponsorship cases are in 99.99% of cases needed if there are doubts about bona fide of marriage of other conjugal relationship. So, be prepared for harsh interrogation as interviewer will try to catch you on something that will show that it is only relationship for the purpose of immigration.

And note that only sponsored spouse will be interviewed - sponsor will not be allowed to attend interview.

Originally Posted by Lebanese
HEY GUYS IM REALLY NERVOUS... I GOT CALLED FOR AN INTERVIEW ABOUT MY CANADIAN MARRIAGE APPLICATION... WHICH IS ON JUNE 2nd

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE PLEASE... GIVE ME A LIST OF QUESTIONS THEY MIGHT ASK ME OR ASK MY WIFE... JUST SO WE STUDY THE WHOLE PROCEDURE... WE REALLY APPRECIATE IT... SOME MIGHT SAY WE DONT NEED TO BE NERVOUS OR IN A PANIC STATE... SOME MIGHT SAY THEYVE BEEN IN THE SAME SITUATION...

BUT WE REALLY NEED HELP... SO PLEASE CAN ANYONE GIVE US SOMETHIN... A LIST A LINK or ANYTHING WHICH IS RELATED TO IT... WE WANNA KNOW THE TYPE OF QUESTIONS ASKED ... OR AN IDEA OF WHAT THEY ASK... I HEAR SOME QUESTIONS COULD BE TRICKY... SO PLEASE HELP US... THANK YOU IN ADVANCE... THIS IS ME AND MY WIFES LIFE TOGETHER

AND IF SOMEONE WENT TRHOUGH THIS CAN THEY PM ME OR TELL ME WHAT THEY WENT THRU THANK YOU SO MUCH
Old May 19th 2005, 1:19 pm
Just Joined

thanks Andrew

Sorry about the Caps lock

its just an interview tho right... no documents needed to prove anything... all depends on the answers of the sponsored spouse... what are the statistics... on cases being successfull... have any idea?
Old May 19th 2005, 1:40 pm

Statistics? It depends from the nationality and other factors. In some countries the refusal rate is well above 70% while in others under 5%. Why so high in some countries - because people there are so desperate to get out that they will do anything to achieve it, even getting married under false pretenses. In most of such cases the Canadian spouse is not even aware that his or her loved one has married him or her only for immigration. And interview is one of the tools designed to find the truth, at least it is what it is intended for. Unfortunately quite often due to stress sponsored spouse fails the interview regardless the fact that their marriage is a bona fide one, while at the same time well prepared scammers get through. The advice - don't try to impress interviewer, if you are not comfortably fluent in English or French then ask for interpreter well ahead of interview and under no circumstances lie, misrepresent or omit anything.

thanks Andrew

Sorry about the Caps lock

its just an interview tho right... no documents needed to prove anything... all depends on the answers of the sponsored spouse... what are the statistics... on cases being successfull... have any idea?
Old May 19th 2005, 3:13 pm
Just Joined

Yoshi is an unknown quantity at this point

here is some of the question they might ask yu!
http://www.ece.ualberta.ca/~jgill/C_I_I_Q/C_I_I_Q.html
Old May 21st 2005, 9:29 am
Just Joined

Andrew... they asked me and my wife to appear to the interview... in Vancouver, Canada... i mean the application is in Canada... does that mean the sponsored spouse will still only be the one interviewed or what?
Old May 21st 2005, 10:37 am

This is one of many examples what happens when someone asks question without providing enough information first. My earlier answer applies to sponsorship of spouse from abroad.

You never indicated in your question that it is a Spouse in Canada class application. You didn't tell us when application was filed. You never told us if you received approval as a sponsor either.

Now - it is completely different story with Spouse in Canada class application and fact that you both are asked to attend (very rare) may indicate a lot of things, most of them bad and some good.

It may be as bad as suspicion of fraudulent application or claim or as good as invitation for landing in local CIC office and many other possibilities in between.

But with complete lack of information from your side I can't even guess what is happening.

Andrew... they asked me and my wife to appear to the interview... in Vancouver, Canada... i mean the application is in Canada... does that mean the sponsored spouse will still only be the one interviewed or what?
Old May 21st 2005, 10:45 pm
Just Joined

This is one of many examples what happens when someone asks question without providing enough information first. My earlier answer applies to sponsorship of spouse from abroad.

You never indicated in your question that it is a Spouse in Canada class application. You didn't tell us when application was filed. You never told us if you received approval as a sponsor either.

Now - it is completely different story with Spouse in Canada class application and fact that you both are asked to attend (very rare) may indicate a lot of things, most of them bad and some good.

It may be as bad as suspicion of fraudulent application or claim or as good as invitation for landing in local CIC office and many other possibilities in between.

But with complete lack of information from your side I can't even guess what is happening
sorry about that Andrew... i didnt knowhow to ask the question properly my bad

The Application was a spouse in Canada application
Application was filed sometime around september or october of last year
I didnt recieve the approval of a sponsor from the Immi office... i just got an interview

And thanks for your help Andrew with the answers
Old May 22nd 2005, 2:56 am

If you didn't receive approval in principle then most likely it will be the interview intended to evaluate your relationship.

sorry about that Andrew... i didnt knowhow to ask the question properly my bad

The Application was a spouse in Canada application
Application was filed sometime around september or october of last year
I didnt recieve the approval of a sponsor from the Immi office... i just got an interview

And thanks for your help Andrew with the answers
Old May 22nd 2005, 9:18 am
Just Joined

ok and what kinda things are they expecting from me and what should i do and stuff so it will help me... as in advice of any sort
Old May 22nd 2005, 10:24 am

They expect you to be truthfull and answer fully and honestly all questions during interview. Each case is different and if they have doubts about anything then such doubts are related to some specific circumstances (or lack of) in your relationship. I can't even guess what those circumstances may be, I don't know anything about your relationship, don't know your case and have no clue what has and has not been submitted.

ok and what kinda things are they expecting from me and what should i do and stuff so it will help me... as in advice of any sort