Wikiposts

Interview in Etobicoke, Ontario

Old Aug 3rd 2002, 4:20 am
Eggie

Default Interview in Etobicoke, Ontario

Hi,

My wife is Japanese and she had applied for Permanent Residence in Canada back in
November 2001. She's living and applying from within Canada (Toronto). She just
received a letter from CIC granting an interview in the Etobicoke office. Does anyone
know what she can expect from this interview? Will she be grilled with questions? Or
are do just want to see that she is a real person? Also, does this mean that she will
be granted with landing papers at this interview? Or will she still have to wait a
bit more after the interview?

Anyways, your help in these questions are much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Old Aug 3rd 2002, 4:20 am
Berto Volpentes

Default Re: Interview in Etobicoke, Ontario

If you have already received a notice that Approval in Principle was granted and she
has completed all medicals and security requirements, then the interview should be
for landing.

If you have not received AIP yet, then the interview may be to determine whether the
marriage is "real", ie: the bona fides of the marriage.

--
All responses IMHO and no one else's.

Berto Volpentesta Member OPIC, Director OPIC

Sidhu & Volpentesta Inc. Serving People Around the World Since 1991 www.svcanada.com

321-3701 Chesswood Dr., Toronto, ON M3J 2P6 Canada

Berto Volpentesta +1(416) 398 8882 Office +1(416) 787 0612 Office 2 +1(416) 892 2916
Cell e-mail: [email protected] ICQ#: 50212503 SMS ICQ): +278314250212503

"eggie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi,
    >
    > My wife is Japanese and she had applied for Permanent Residence in Canada back in
    > November 2001. She's living and applying from within Canada (Toronto). She just
    > received a letter from CIC granting an interview in
the
    > Etobicoke office. Does anyone know what she can expect from this
interview?
    > Will she be grilled with questions? Or are do just want to see that she is
a
    > real person? Also, does this mean that she will be granted with landing papers at
    > this interview? Or will she still have to wait a bit more after the interview?
    >
    > Anyways, your help in these questions are much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Old Aug 3rd 2002, 5:20 am
The Wizzard

i think it depends on the language of the letter asking for the interview. I know
when you apply from inside and the visa is ready they ask you to attend an interview
at a local CIC office. however it's not a real interview as such more they just ask
some of the basic questions again, have you been convicted of a crime before etc and
then issue the landing documents. However they could also call her for an interview
earlier on in the process, but i think for a spousal application in land and its
getting on for 8 months that they would have asked her to an interview earlier. did
she already recieve her Approval in Principal? If she didnt then it is more likely to
be a more formal interview. Im sure the letter should say though, i think when its
teh landing interview it says that the process has been finalised and you must attend
an interview.

Drew

> Hi,
    >
    > My wife is Japanese and she had applied for Permanent Residence in Canada back in
    > November 2001. She's living and applying from within Canada (Toronto). She just
the
interview?
a
    > real person? Also, does this mean that she will be granted with landing papers at
    > this interview? Or will she still have to wait a bit more after the interview?
    >
    > Anyways, your help in these questions are much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Old Aug 3rd 2002, 12:20 pm
Eggie

Thanks for the replies!

Just to clarify, the letter to request for the interview does not mention "Approval
in Principal". It states ..."A final determination on whether you meet statutory
requirements can only be made at a landing interview....A group landing interview has
been scheduled for you." So judging on this, does it sound like a formal interview to
see if our marraige is "real"?

Again, thanks for your responses!

> Hi,
    >
the
interview?
a
    >

Old Aug 3rd 2002, 6:20 pm
Pmm

Hi eggie

> Thanks for the replies!
    >
    > Just to clarify, the letter to request for the interview does not mention "Approval
    > in Principal". It states ..."A final determination on whether
you
    > meet statutory requirements can only be made at a landing interview....A group
    > landing interview has been scheduled for you." So judging on this, does it sound
    > like a formal interview to see if our marraige is "real"?
    >
    > Again, thanks for your responses!
    >
    >
    >
    > "eggie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > My wife is Japanese and she had applied for Permanent Residence in
Canada
    > > back in November 2001. She's living and applying from within Canada (Toronto).
    > > She just received a letter from CIC granting an interview in
    > the
    > > Etobicoke office. Does anyone know what she can expect from this
    > interview?
    > > Will she be grilled with questions? Or are do just want to see that she
is
    > a
    > > real person? Also, does this mean that she will be granted with landing papers at
    > > this interview? Or will she still have to wait a bit more
after
    > > the interview?
    > >
    > > Anyways, your help in these questions are much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Your wife is going to be "landed".

PMM

Old Aug 4th 2002, 1:20 am
The Wizzard

yep the clarification ios there in teh words it is a 'landing interview' not a
'selection interview'. So yours is the interview i was thinkign of that some
friends had, they were concerned at first, but said it was really straight forward,
a few simple clarification questions and then everything was signed and issued in
passport etc. and et voila they were landed PR's of Canada. you must be very
relieved. also interesting is it sayd 'group landing' and one person i know had a
group landing where the office they landed at had gone to special lengths to
incoporate a kind of 'landing ceremony' for several peopel all becoming PR's at
once and they had a little speech from some local mayor or guy and it was all very
nice and made em feel welcome.

Drew

>
    > Just to clarify, the letter to request for the interview does not mention "Approval
you
    > meet statutory requirements can only be made at a landing interview....A group
    > landing interview has been scheduled for you." So judging on this, does it sound
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > > Hi,
    > >
Canada
    > > back in November 2001. She's living and applying from within Canada (Toronto).
    > the
    > interview?
is
    > a
    > > real person? Also, does this mean that she will be granted with landing papers at
after
    > > the interview?
    > >
    > > Anyways, your help in these questions are much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    > >
    >

Old Aug 4th 2002, 4:20 pm
Eggie

Yes I do feel relieved. Thanks very much to everyone who have responded!

>
you
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > > Hi,
    > >
Canada
    > the
    > interview?
is
    > a
after
    > > the interview?
    > >
    > >
    >