Interview call after 5 years

Old May 22nd 2005, 4:53 pm
Just Joined

human is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Interview call after 5 years

Hi Mr Miller,

I need your advice and help on this dillemma of mine.

I was born in India. I applied for my canadian immigration at the delhi CHC in April 2000. I was informed that my interview would be scheduled in 24 months time. After this, i did not get to hear much from them for about 40 months. Then I was told that my application has been put in the quality control queue and that for these purposes i need to update them with my current status (with respect to my job etc). I did this and then after 7 to 8 months, i was sent another letter asking me to fill up another set of forms to update the CHC. I did not respond to them.

In June 2002, I applied for my Australian PR and got the PR in Nov 2003. I am currently in Australia with my wife. My wife works for a software firm and iam a student.

But now, we have recieved a letter from the CHC office at new delhi asking us to attend a interview at the Delhi office in Jun 2005. But we will not able to attend as my wife is too busy with her schedule in the office.
Iam extremely happy with life in Australia, but me being interested in mathematics and computer security would also want to participate in courses in universities such as University of Waterloo(as they are famous for cryptography etc)....

Please advice me on this as to what should i be doing.....

If I withdraw my Canadian immigration application, but if at a later date i intend to take up a position at some university, would the withdrawal harm my chances of going to Canada.

Your advice will go a long way in my decision as to whether I need to go ahead with my CHC Interview or withdraw my application. Please advice me on citizenship prospects if Iam a permanent resident of both Australia and canada.....
Old May 22nd 2005, 5:23 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Interview call after 5 years

Originally Posted by human
Hi Mr Miller,

I was born in India. I applied for my canadian immigration at the delhi CHC in April 2000. I was informed that my interview would be scheduled in 24 months time. After this, i did not get to hear much from them for about 40 months. Then I was told that my application has been put in the quality control queue and that for these purposes i need to update them with my current status (with respect to my job etc). I did this and then after 7 to 8 months, i was sent another letter asking me to fill up another set of forms to update the CHC. I did not respond to them.

In June 2002, I applied for my Australian PR and got the PR in Nov 2003. I am currently in Australia with my wife. My wife works for a software firm and iam a student.

But now, we have recieved a letter from the CHC office at new delhi asking us to attend a interview at the Delhi office in Jun 2005. But we will not able to attend as my wife is too busy with her schedule in the office.
Iam extremely happy with life in Australia, but me being interested in mathematics and computer security would also want to participate in courses in universities such as University of Waterloo(as they are famous for cryptography etc)....

If I withdraw my Canadian immigration application, but if at a later date i intend to take up a position at some university, would the withdrawal harm my chances of going to Canada.

Your advice will go a long way in my decision as to whether I need to go ahead with my CHC Interview or withdraw my application. Please advice me on citizenship prospects if Iam a permanent resident of both Australia and canada.....

If you are happy in Australia then withdraw your application. If leter you wish to apply for a student authorization your former PR application will not harm your situation.
Old May 22nd 2005, 6:24 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Interview call after 5 years

I can't tell you which country to pick (and you need to pick one) - it is your own decision to make.

Withdrawing application will not affect your future temporary visa application prospects (like study permit you are thinking about).

If you are not living in Canada for 3 years out of 4 as a PR then you have no chance for citizenship.

Hi Mr Miller,

Old May 22nd 2005, 9:49 pm
Just Joined

human is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Interview call after 5 years - Mr Miller help??

Dear Mr Miller,

In case I decided to go ahead, attend the interview and get my Canadian PR, what would be the consequences later on, when I apply for my citizenship.(say for example, canadian citizenship?? or australian citizenship). If one were to stay as a PR in Australia for 2 years, then i suppose one could apply for citizenship.

Also, in case I withdraw my application, say five years down the line, my career or studies or a University position brings me to Canada and if I intend to stay on a long term basis in canada, can i apply for a PR at that point in time, in spite of having my application withdrawn earlier.

If I obtain my canadian PR, would it go against me at a later date, if i decide to apply for Australian citizenship?

Also, in case I decide to go ahead with the Candian PR process, can I postpone the interview at the Delhi CHC by about 6 months, as myself and my wife are at Australia currently and are not in a position to go to India because of my wife's official commitments.

Thanks and Regards
Old May 23rd 2005, 12:54 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Interview call after 5 years - Mr Miller help??

Dear Mr Miller,

In case I decided to go ahead, attend the interview and get my Canadian PR, what would be the consequences later on, when I apply for my citizenship.(say for example, canadian citizenship?? or australian citizenship). If one were to stay as a PR in Australia for 2 years, then i suppose one could apply for citizenship.
As far as Australian citizenship is concerned, yes. You will lose your Indian citizenship if you become an Australian citizen but that might not be important (you may be able to get a PIO card or Indian overseas citizenship instead).

Also, in case I withdraw my application, say five years down the line, my career or studies or a University position brings me to Canada and if I intend to stay on a long term basis in canada, can i apply for a PR at that point in time, in spite of having my application withdrawn earlier.
You can always reapply later. However you may need to explain in more detail your intentions to move to Canada at the time.

If I obtain my canadian PR, would it go against me at a later date, if i decide to apply for Australian citizenship?
Not as far as Australia is concerned provided you met the residence and other requirements. One of which includes whether you have an intention to remain living in Australia, or closely associated in Australia.
http://www.citizenship.gov.au

Also, in case I decide to go ahead with the Candian PR process, can I postpone the interview at the Delhi CHC by about 6 months, as myself and my wife are at Australia currently and are not in a position to go to India because of my wife's official commitments.

Thanks and Regards
I very much doubt you can postpone the interview. Be prepared for the risk that the immigration officer asks whether you still want to move to Canada, now that you are settled in Australia. (I don't know for sure what questions will be asked, but if they are looking to see whether you still plan to use your visa, that's an interesting question to ask).

If you are settled and established in Australia, it will be quite a significant step to start all over again in Canada, even if you've become Australian citizens meanwhile.

Jeremy