Wikiposts

Interview - Bill C-11

Old Nov 6th 2001, 2:36 am
Guilherme

Hi there,

In the current regulations, the points grid allow you to score up to 100 points.
Then, there is an interview with the Immigration Officer that is worth additional 10
points. My question is: will the interview still exist in Bill C-11's new
regulations? I mean, if I get, for instance, 64 points under the new grid, am I going
to be interviewed? Do I still have a chance of getting a PR?

Thanks in advance, Guilherme

Old Nov 6th 2001, 2:48 am
Andrew Miller

Selection interview remains the important part of the immigration application
approval process under new law as well. So far the passing mark under new law has not
been published yet, so it is impossible to tell if 64 points will qualify you or not.
As for the interview waiver or requirement for such - it has nothing to do with
numbers of points scored. Interview is required if application cannot be clearly and
fully evaluated without one regardless of the score or when there are some facts in
the application that require clarification. Even under existing selection criteria
many people with score well above 70 points are being interviewed.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
[email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending email)

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Nov 6th 2001, 6:25 am
Guilherme

David Cohen <[email protected]>
    >
[usenetquote2]> > In the current regulations, the points grid allow you to score up to 100 points.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Then, there is an interview with the Immigration Officer that is worth additional[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > 10 points. My question is: will the interview still exist in Bill C-11's new[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > regulations? I mean, if I get, for instance, 64 points under the new grid, am I[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > going to be interviewed? Do I still have a chance of getting a PR?[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Thank you Mr. Miller and Mr. Cohen for your replies.

I think I get it. So far, according to the proposed new regulations, nothing has
been said about the interviewing process, so you guys are guessing it's not going
to change after all! That means, we've got the points grid worth 100 points, and
an interview worth 10 points, just like the current regulations? Or is it yet to
be defined?

regards, Guilherme

Old Nov 6th 2001, 6:36 am
Andrew Miller

The new selection grid has been defined in proposed Regulations. If it will be
exactly the same in final version of Regulations remains to be seen, but most likely
it will stay. The passing mark has not yet been announced by Minister of Citizenship
and Immigration - Minister will have the authority to adjust passing mark as needed
at any time. There is nothing more to guess as interview was and will be the integral
part of selection and approval process. And never interview waiver was granted just
because someone scored certain number of points - interview waiver is and will
continue to be granted only if application can be fully assessed without one,
regardless of the number of points. Existing (old) Regulations don't mention anything
about interview waiver based on the score either, so please don't try to look for
something that doesn't exist.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
[email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending email)

"Guilherme" <[email protected]>
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > In the current regulations, the points grid allow you to score up to 100[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > points. Then, there is an interview with the Immigration Officer that is worth[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > additional 10 points. My question is: will the interview still exist in Bill[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > C-11's new regulations? I mean, if I get, for instance, 64 points under the new[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > grid, am I going to be interviewed? Do I still have a chance of getting a PR?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > There is no indication that the interviewing process will be substantially[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > changed at this time. As the pas mark has not yet been announced for the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Regulations which were proposed, there is no means of presently estimating your[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > likelihood of success based on the score stated.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > ________[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > CAMPBELL, COHEN - attorneys at law tel:514.937.9445 / fax:514.937.2618[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > [email protected] http://canadavisa.com[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Online Community: http://canadavisa.com/community[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >