Wikiposts

Interview

Old Nov 30th 2010, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

johnandjenny is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Interview

Hi, we found out today of our application status. I must attend an interview. I am from England, yet the spousal application was sent to buffalo. Does this mean I need to fly back to England, or will an interview be conducted here in Canada?
I am expecting confirmation in the mail anyways.

Any advice is much appreciated.
J and J
Old Nov 30th 2010, 4:01 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Interview

Hi

Originally Posted by johnandjenny
Hi, we found out today of our application status. I must attend an interview. I am from England, yet the spousal application was sent to buffalo. Does this mean I need to fly back to England, or will an interview be conducted here in Canada?
I am expecting confirmation in the mail anyways.

Any advice is much appreciated.
J and J

1. If the application was sent to Buffalo the interview will be in one of the US offices, usually the closest one to where you are residing.
2. No it won't be done in Canada.
3. Now is the time to order your CAIPS notes to find out why the interview.
Old Nov 30th 2010, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

Hi, thanks for the reply. Caips notes?

We are living in Fort Mac, Alberta
Old Nov 30th 2010, 5:20 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by johnandjenny
Hi, thanks for the reply. Caips notes?

We are living in Fort Mac, Alberta
1. You apply under access to information. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/index.asp The CAIPS is the Computer Assisted Immigration Processing system. It is used by the overseas offices to record information on the files as they are processed. If there is a problem with your application (if there is an interview there is) it will be noted on the CAIPS file. It will give you an idea what the interview is about.
Old Dec 5th 2010, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

Thanks PMM

The interview is in Buffallo. That is not close at all.
we are not worried aout the interview, but hate having something over your heads lol.
Does anyone have any idea what would be asked regards a spousal sponsorship.
Jen
Old Dec 6th 2010, 5:41 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I would strongly suggest you take the advice given by PMM and order your CAIPS notes immediately and prior to the interview. Don't assume that because it is a spousal sponsorship that they won't question your relationship in depth.

It really is in your best interests to have all the information on what the problem is and why they are requesting an interview... that way, you will be prepared and have time to collect evidence if they are having doubts about the validity and genuineness of your marriage or whatever other aspect of your application they are having doubts about.

Forewarned is forearmed!

Again...... order your CAIPS notes!

Old Dec 6th 2010, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

CanadianLove is an unknown quantity at this point

Can anyone request their CAIPS notes or only if you are called for interview? Our case is being processed in London - started in early September and they have requested additional info which we have sent - all positive info in our eyes - but haven't heard anything either way. Would our CAIPS notes give us an indication on what the hold up is?
Old Dec 7th 2010, 8:12 am
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CanadianLove
Can anyone request their CAIPS notes or only if you are called for interview? Our case is being processed in London - started in early September and they have requested additional info which we have sent - all positive info in our eyes - but haven't heard anything either way. Would our CAIPS notes give us an indication on what the hold up is?
Yep anyone can request the information, it's information about you so it's available to you under FOI or DPA laws (can't remember which)