for interview

Old Sep 1st 2004, 5:42 pm
Just Joined

lancesan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default for interview

Hi Mr Miller,

I am a college undergraduate who has been working in the IT industry for a long time. I submitted my application for PR and was now called for an interview. Is it safe to say that I have passed the number of points required, since I have provided all correct information to the embassy (even the undergraduate thing)? Would the interview be only for verification purposes, meaning I should not worry about it since, like I said, I did not hide or lie about anything? I would like to finally put my mind to rest about the points I got, and concentrate on making a good impression during the interview. I sadly was not able to get my CAIPS Notes in time for the interview, another reason for my agitation. I hope you could spare some time to appease me. Thanks a lot!
Old Sep 1st 2004, 6:44 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: for interview

No, you can't assume anything. You were called for interview because officer wasn't able to make selection decision (neither positive nor negative) on the basis of application and evidence submitted. Thus your total points score hasn't been counted yet.

Originally Posted by lancesan
Hi Mr Miller,

I am a college undergraduate who has been working in the IT industry for a long time. I submitted my application for PR and was now called for an interview. Is it safe to say that I have passed the number of points required, since I have provided all correct information to the embassy (even the undergraduate thing)? Would the interview be only for verification purposes, meaning I should not worry about it since, like I said, I did not hide or lie about anything? I would like to finally put my mind to rest about the points I got, and concentrate on making a good impression during the interview. I sadly was not able to get my CAIPS Notes in time for the interview, another reason for my agitation. I hope you could spare some time to appease me. Thanks a lot!
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 6:17 pm
Just Joined

lancesan is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks a lot for the reply, Mr Miller. I however vaguely remember having read from posts here that if an aplication does not pass the points required, the embassy will not process it further and notice of refusal will be sent out. My application is still being processed, right, but does that tell me anything? Or am I just lucky they're still giving me a chance? Thanks for bearing with me
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 2:29 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Again, it doesn't mean that you will get positive selection decision or refusal just because you are asked to attend interview. Total points tally hasn't been done yet as evidence you submitted wasn't conclusive enough to do so and officer has some doubts - thus interview needed.

Originally Posted by lancesan
Thanks a lot for the reply, Mr Miller. I however vaguely remember having read from posts here that if an aplication does not pass the points required, the embassy will not process it further and notice of refusal will be sent out. My application is still being processed, right, but does that tell me anything? Or am I just lucky they're still giving me a chance? Thanks for bearing with me