International Experience Canada

Old Apr 18th 2012, 8:14 am
Just Joined

finch1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default International Experience Canada

I have all my forms to apply for the IEC but I was wondering if anyone has applied and failed before, and if so, what reasons were you given for not being accepted?

I just want to know as much as I can before completing the forms so I can minimise the chance of failure

On the other hand, if anyone has any tips that could help me be accepted I'd appreciate that too

Thanks
Old Apr 18th 2012, 8:17 am
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: International Experience Canada

There is a 2000+ post thread of peoples experiences here if you missed it...
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...700551&page=51
Old Apr 18th 2012, 12:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by finch1
I have all my forms to apply for the IEC but I was wondering if anyone has applied and failed before, and if so, what reasons were you given for not being accepted?

I just want to know as much as I can before completing the forms so I can minimise the chance of failure

On the other hand, if anyone has any tips that could help me be accepted I'd appreciate that too

Thanks
Here's a tip: If it's not on their list but you think you would be super efficient by supplying them with something they haven't asked for - don't!!!

My sons girlfriend sent her $150 chq with her app as it seemed to make sense and they returned the whole app!!! This delayed her by about 3 weeks...
Old Apr 18th 2012, 1:07 pm
Just Joined

Felixfinch is on a distinguished road

There is also a Facebook group if you search IEC 2012.

Basically people are generally refused because they make mistakes on the application.

Read the instructions carefully, make sure you have included everything you need to. Make sure you have ticked the right boxes and not missed out any signatures, in particular watch out for the family declaration form, some people have been tripped up by this.

Check it all and check it again. Have someone else check it if you need to. Send it special delivery. You shouldn't have a problem if you do everything correctly.
Old Apr 18th 2012, 9:44 pm
Just Joined

tsbasran is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Just my two pence.

I applied for two of these and got the IEC class visa's no problem. Its better to be dilligent as always with things like these but compared to application for federal skilled worker program this ones a lot simpler.

Key things tend to be the forms themselves as others have mentioned here, i.e. family members etc, the supporting docs were relatively straight forward police check, cv, proof of funds, etc..

That be saying said, its probably not a good idea to have a laid back attitude to anything like this, especially given that these are only available up until age 31 (for me anyway- applied for 2 IEC visas from UK) so you dont want to waste anytime.

Anyway, just wanted to share my experience.

Taj.
Old Apr 18th 2012, 9:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

As Iaink has said, there is already a big thread running on the IEC - please put any future IEC related queries in there just to avoid the immigration section of the forum being overrun with them.

And any visa/legal queries at all belong in the immigration section rather than the main Canada one (which is for lifestyle stuff i.e. where to live in Calgary, health insurance, cars, climate, etc). I'll move this thread there for you now. If in doubt, read the guide for Newbies (link in my signature).

Thx.
Old May 22nd 2012, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

UK_Claire is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I'm sorry if there's a lot already on this subject but quick question....
I am going to Toronto on the IEC visa in July, I read some posts which say you can get health/travel insurance for 3 months then apply for OHI there, but some are getting cover for the full year......do I need to have one years cover to show on arrival or is 3 months sufficient? Also, people who have already arrived, any problems on arrival in Canada? Is it just letter of acceptance, bank statement and ins that you need to show? 7 weeks to go, starting to panic now!!
Old May 22nd 2012, 9:42 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UK_Claire
Hi,

I'm sorry if there's a lot already on this subject but quick question....
I am going to Toronto on the IEC visa in July, I read some posts which say you can get health/travel insurance for 3 months then apply for OHI there, but some are getting cover for the full year......do I need to have one years cover to show on arrival or is 3 months sufficient? Also, people who have already arrived, any problems on arrival in Canada? Is it just letter of acceptance, bank statement and ins that you need to show? 7 weeks to go, starting to panic now!!
Claire, as per the above, there is a huge IEC thread already running, and lots of the info you need is already in there so maybe do a quick search of it?

If you can't find the info, then please re-post your query on that thread, I'm going to close this one now as we are trying to keep all IEC queries in one place.

Thx.