International Experience Canada

Old Jan 19th 2011, 10:52 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Originally Posted by sarah_m
do you think if you could provide a bank statement and attach a letter from the bank explaining why the don't issue stamped forms that *might* be enough?

how many other people do you think are having this problem in the UK?
Almost all who either don't have family or a mate who works in a bank or have just been lucky when they have walked in.

I have a rubber stamped bank statement which Barclays gave to me this morning but that's the most they were willing to offer unfortunately. There is a very big 'I'm not signing anything' mentality in the UK financial system which the Cannucks just don't seem to comprehend.

I thought your Canadian bank did the form for you anyway or was that someone else?
Old Jan 19th 2011, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

billyphatu will become famous soon enough

I really don't mean to gloat, but... ours is done and dusted thanks to a hard-fought hour in our local bank branch, a late night, lots of printing and triple-checking (must've read those FAQs a thousand times), and an early pick-up from FedEx, which means our apps will get to Paris by the morning. Relieved to have it on its way

Slightly annoying that the forms were released so late in the day though! And also, though they asked for them to be filled out via computer, the forms are not formatted very well, so the text sizing is all over the place. Some instructions were VERY vague as well

RE: The proof of funds form. We just insisted and insisted they sign it until they eventually had to fax a copy to their head office to get them to 'okay' it. Worth causing a fuss, and go towards the end of the day. Also, just pull the card about 'other banks agreeing to sign it'... Barclays, Natwest both have no problem with it.

Good luck to those still going through the torment!
Old Jan 19th 2011, 10:56 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by billyphatu
I really don't mean to gloat, but... ours is done and dusted thanks to a hard-fought hour in our local bank branch, a late night, lots of printing and triple-checking (must've read those FAQs a thousand times), and an early pick-up from FedEx, which means our apps will get to Paris by the morning. Relieved to have it on its way

Slightly annoying that the forms were released so late in the day though! And also, though they asked for them to be filled out via computer, the forms are not formatted very well, so the text sizing is all over the place. Some instructions were VERY vague as well

RE: The proof of funds form. We just insisted and insisted they sign it until they eventually had to fax a copy to their head office to get them to 'okay' it. Worth causing a fuss, and go towards the end of the day. Also, just pull the card about 'other banks agreeing to sign it'... Barclays, Natwest both have no problem with it.

Good luck to those still going through the torment!
I can pop out in a bit to the other Barclays branch down the road and try my luck I guess, literally making a fuss until they sign it, but I'm not going to get my hopes up.

Which bank did you manage to convince if you don't mind me asking?
Old Jan 19th 2011, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
I can pop out in a bit to the other Barclays branch down the road and try my luck I guess, literally making a fuss until they sign it, but I'm not going to get my hopes up.

Which bank did you manage to convince if you don't mind me asking?
Sorry to hear you had trouble. We enquired at a Barclays after first being turned away from our bank branch (sorry, don't want to say which bank just yet - paranoid about any negative influences on our applications). Barclays said that they wouldn't have a problem signing IF we had been with them for 3 months or more (because we did briefly consider switching banks for the purpose of this letter!!).

Our advice would be to take in a couple of copies of the application as a whole, plus the introduction page and FAQs, so they can see the form in context. Because the form on its own looks really shifty! Also take more than one copy in case they mess up. If all else fails just wail about the rest of your life being ruined by their bureaucracy until they feel pity.
Old Jan 19th 2011, 11:06 am
Sidecar Falcon

Sorry to hear you had trouble. We enquired at a Barclays after first being turned away from our bank branch (sorry, don't want to say which bank just yet - paranoid about any negative influences on our applications). Barclays said that they wouldn't have a problem signing IF we had been with them for 3 months or more (because we did briefly consider switching banks for the purpose of this letter!!).

Our advice would be to take in a couple of copies of the application as a whole, plus the introduction page and FAQs, so they can see the form in context. Because the form on its own looks really shifty! Also take more than one copy in case they mess up. If all else fails just wail about the rest of your life being ruined by their bureaucracy until they feel pity.
Good advice, thanks mate. I'll give it a go.

Did Barclays tell you that in-branch or over the phone since I have been with them for around 16 years now and they were still having none of it when I went in there this morning.

I agree with you though that on it's own the document looks unofficial and you feel like you're doing something wrong by even asking them to sign it. An original bank statement should really be enough for this.
Old Jan 19th 2011, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

sarah_m will become famous soon enoughsarah_m will become famous soon enough

JUST GOT THE NEWS - THOSE ON A BUNAC VISA CURRENTLY CAN APPLY!!:

Please be advised that you will be eligible to apply despite currently being on a working holiday.

Sincerely,

Jay Webster
International Experience Canada, UK & Ireland
Political Affairs and Public Diplomacy
High Commission of Canada
1 Grosvenor Square
London W1K 4AB United Kingdom
Old Jan 19th 2011, 11:09 am
Sidecar Falcon

JUST GOT THE NEWS - THOSE ON A BUNAC VISA CURRENTLY CAN APPLY!!:

Please be advised that you will be eligible to apply despite currently being on a working holiday.

Sincerely,

Jay Webster
International Experience Canada, UK & Ireland
Political Affairs and Public Diplomacy
High Commission of Canada
1 Grosvenor Square
London W1K 4AB United Kingdom
Wow, I think it's more amazing that they actually emailed you back.
Old Jan 19th 2011, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

Wow, I think it's more amazing that they actually emailed you back.
haha yeah.. i'm so please, but still scared that my application will arrive too late. I have sent it express post to the UK to get my police check done in 2 days then have to send it to paris..not feeling too confident that i'll be able to get a visa if it arrives 2 weeks after the 18th :S
Old Jan 19th 2011, 11:12 am
Sidecar Falcon

haha yeah.. i'm so please, but still scared that my application will arrive too late. I have sent it express post to the UK to get my police check done in 2 days then have to send it to paris..not feeling too confident that i'll be able to get a visa if it arrives 2 weeks after the 18th :S
You will probably be alright as long as you act quickly, I very much doubt that the quota will fill inside the space of a couple of days.
Old Jan 19th 2011, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

You will probably be alright as long as you act quickly, I very much doubt that the quota will fill inside the space of a couple of days.
i'll try to keep as positive as you seem to be!
do you know how long after they receive the application, you are told via email that you have been accepted onto the program?
Old Jan 19th 2011, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

Did Barclays tell you that in-branch or over the phone.
In-branch. The 'receptionist' (because those swish new Barclays have people waiting to greet you. Like the Job Centre.) took the letter into the office and had somebody senior look at it before okaying it. It's obviously quite a subjective thing, branch-to-branch.

Also, the instructions do say that you can use the PoF form included "or a bank document incorporating the information on the Proof of Funds form, signed, dated and stamped by your bank." We thought about that but decided we'd rather use the form they give you just to be safe.
Old Jan 19th 2011, 11:17 am
Sidecar Falcon

In-branch. The 'receptionist' (because those swish new Barclays have people waiting to greet you. Like the Job Centre.) took the letter into the office and had somebody senior look at it before okaying it. It's obviously quite a subjective thing, branch-to-branch.

Also, the instructions do say that you can use the PoF form included "or a bank document incorporating the information on the Proof of Funds form, signed, dated and stamped by your bank." We thought about that but decided we'd rather use the form they give you just to be safe.
Yeah the lady in the branch I visited today did the same thing but the manager obviously told her no.

I did ask about an alternate form containing the same information but they said all they could give me was a stamped statement. This was a little branch though and so is the other one near here. There is one of those fancy branches not too far away from me too but I would rather not go there if it can be avoided.
Old Jan 19th 2011, 11:39 am
Just Joined

Tonga is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I'm really hoping you can help me with this. So I'm trying to download the IEC application form, by submitting my email address to the registration part of the website (this page: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...nce/index.aspx ) , but when I do that I get to the French government site: http://www.international.gc.ca/canad...=11&tgvfred=gb and if I follow the link there it says I am not eligible because my nationality is British not French.

I can't seem to find a way to download the application form from the British section- HELP!!!

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Really appreciate any help here.
Old Jan 19th 2011, 12:46 pm
Just Joined

DisasterPiece is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey

I just managed to get my bank (Natwest) to sign the proof of funds and they stamped it... twice. My only problem now is my ACPO certificate, i applied for it last wednesday along with a mate of mine, yet he got an email saying they had recieved his on the 13th and processing it, however i have not recieved this email :/ did everyone get an email from ACRO?
Old Jan 19th 2011, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tonga
Hi,

I'm really hoping you can help me with this. So I'm trying to download the IEC application form, by submitting my email address to the registration part of the website (this page: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...nce/index.aspx ) , but when I do that I get to the French government site: http://www.international.gc.ca/canad...=11&tgvfred=gb and if I follow the link there it says I am not eligible because my nationality is British not French.
The second link you gave worked fine for me. At the bottom is a field for entering your email address. The British section of the site connects you to the French section because the process is being dealt with by the French Embassy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.