International Experience Canada

Old Mar 8th 2011, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

Mr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really nice
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Originally Posted by siouxie
Be aware that the standard policy only covers you for working in bars or fruit picking - other employment requires an additional premium.

https://www.gotravelinsurance.co.uk/...st=Backpackers

"Our standard policy covers bar work and fruit picking, other casual jobs can be covered for an additional premium. Please call 0844 482 0889 for further information."
You're right, and hidden in the medical cover section: "no medical costs will be paid if you do not have a pre-paid return ticket". Nuts!

Must learn to read in full before getting my hopes up...
Old Mar 8th 2011, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

kiis102 is an unknown quantity at this point

Might just go with Ace Insurance then @ £210 for the 12months, seems that's what most people are going with
Old Mar 8th 2011, 11:02 pm
Forum Regular

Craig1987 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig1987 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig1987 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by kiis102
Might just go with Ace Insurance then @ £210 for the 12months, seems that's what most people are going with
Not sure whether mine covers me for work... ****...

If anyone has found a decent policy that allows everything we need, can you post details? I'll check over mine now.
Old Mar 9th 2011, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

Mr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really nice

Originally Posted by Craig1987
Not sure whether mine covers me for work... ****...

If anyone has found a decent policy that allows everything we need, can you post details? I'll check over mine now.
The only one I've found so far is Insure&Go backpackers insurance (£250 quoted for me).

You should have a "cooling-off" period of 14 days or so after buying your original policy, where you can get your money back no questions asked (you just have to return the policy certificate normally), so if you find your insurance doesn't cover everything you need, you shouldn't lose out!
Old Mar 9th 2011, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

Craig1987 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig1987 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig1987 has a spectacular aura about

Have cancelled my lv policy... Ended up going with Ace travel insurance...

Just needed to get a policy sorted asap, as i leave tomorrow morning.
Old Mar 9th 2011, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

mansfield250 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ive not had a chance to go through all the responses since i last logged in but this is what ive found it about insurance!

essentialtravel.co.uk - They will NOT cover you on a one way ticket

ACE travels response to my email -

"Thank you for your email dated 08/03/2011.

I can confirm that our backpacker insurance will cover you on a one way ticket. Our policies do state that your trip abroad will begin and end in the UK and that you will return to the UK within the period of cover you have chosen. The travel policy also states you will only be covered for flights that you have pre booked before you depart the UK also.

I hope this clarifies matters for you. If you do have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards,
Andrew Kenned"

Liverpool Victoria's response -

"Thank you for your email.
Unfortunately we do not insure one way trips, and we do not insure anything work related. If you have a latest date of return within 366 days (even though your flight is not booked back) we will insure for the leisurely part of the trip, but as soon as your journey to work started, our insurance would not cover, until your working day finished, and if you stayed any longer that the return date you tell us we will not extend the policy.

I hope that helps"

Looks like ACE is best option if your going one way.
Old Mar 9th 2011, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

Glad I got Ace insurance now... Too bad I'll have to wait a 3-5 days for liverpool victoria to refund my premium for my cancelled policy.

I can't remember who it was that suggested ACE, but you have my gratitude. I'll log on at some point tonight and find out who it was so I can thank them proper. Whoever you are, you're a F***ing star and if you should happen to be in vancouver, i owe you a pint.
Old Mar 9th 2011, 11:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Third6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Craig1987
Glad I got Ace insurance now... Too bad I'll have to wait a 3-5 days for liverpool victoria to refund my premium for my cancelled policy.

I can't remember who it was that suggested ACE, but you have my gratitude. I'll log on at some point tonight and find out who it was so I can thank them proper. Whoever you are, you're a F***ing star and if you should happen to be in vancouver, i owe you a pint.
I mentioned ACE ages ago but ya'll ignored me! Should have trusted a fellow Scot mate, only yourself to blame!!

Will be going with ACE myself when/if my Visa comes through.
Old Mar 9th 2011, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Third6
I mentioned ACE ages ago but ya'll ignored me! Should have trusted a fellow Scot mate, only yourself to blame!!

Will be going with ACE myself when/if my Visa comes through.
To be honest, I never gave insurance much thought until I got my loi... I was badly informed too. Someone told me it would cost about £50 and would be easy to get...

I'll post an update tonight, then it'll be my last until I'm in canada. I'll post an update re customs etc...
Old Mar 9th 2011, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

justin_h is an unknown quantity at this point

Right, flight booked

Gatwick, 3rd April at 9:15 or something... flight lands vancouver 11:25

anyone else on this flight wants to meet up in departures or something?
Old Mar 9th 2011, 2:15 pm
Just Joined

DCCL is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone get there LOI today!! i'm getting so frustrated in the waiting!! Thought it would be here be now as i did send it off on the first day of opening!! Think something has gone wrong with mine
Old Mar 9th 2011, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

justin_h is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DCCL
Anyone get there LOI today!! i'm getting so frustrated in the waiting!! Thought it would be here be now as i did send it off on the first day of opening!! Think something has gone wrong with mine
you'll be fine mate... want to say to you be patience it'll come through but i know what you're going through! its a right pain! but honestly mate... few more days and you'll have it
Old Mar 9th 2011, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

The Lost Paddy has a spectacular aura aboutThe Lost Paddy has a spectacular aura aboutThe Lost Paddy has a spectacular aura about

Hi guys!

Just wondering, what are peoples thoughts on going IEC visa to PR? Are many of you thinking along these lines? Any success/failure stories of taking this route in the past? Is it a more viable option now that a second year is possible?

Cheers,
TLP
Old Mar 9th 2011, 3:23 pm
Temporary Canuck

mattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by The Lost Paddy
Hi guys!

Just wondering, what are peoples thoughts on going IEC visa to PR? Are many of you thinking along these lines? Any success/failure stories of taking this route in the past? Is it a more viable option now that a second year is possible?

Cheers,
TLP
If you can find a reason to get PR, it is more viable. You'd have to find a Canadian spouse, or get employed with someone who can get a LMO for you - so just the mere fact you may be in Canada for two years, rather than one, won't help you in that regard.
Old Mar 9th 2011, 5:10 pm
Just Joined

stizzyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lenny86
hello!

my issue is this: i am currently working in canada-until the end of my visa (16th March), at an advertising agency, at which point, i will leave my job. i have put this on my form, which, a i say, has been sent to london for the final phase.
Hey Lenny,

Mine was sent to London on the 15th too so hopefully we'll both hear soon! I actually work in advertising as well so will be applying to as many agencies as possible when I head to Canada. Did you just send your CV in directly or did you apply through recruitment consultants? Any advice would be a huge help!

Thanks

Last edited by stizzyb; Mar 9th 2011 at 5:19 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.